Accident and Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement Form
(Read Carefully Before Signing)
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Axe or Knife Throwing Program indicated below and/or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (here in defined as any area wherein admittance to the general public is prohibited), the participant, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of a minor participant named below agree to the following:
1. I/WE understand that prior to participating in the below Axe or Knife Throwing activity or event, the participant should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he or she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the officials of such condition and refuse to participate. I understand and agreed that, if at any time, I feel anything to be UNSAFE, I will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area and REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE further.
2. I/WE fully understand and acknowledge that:
(a) There are risks and dangers associated with the participation in Axe or Knife Throwing events and activities which could result in bodily injury, partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death.
(b) The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be severe.
(c) These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to, the “Releasees” named below.
(d) There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at his time.
3. I/WE accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the “Releasees” named below.
4. I/WE HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE The Virginia Axe Company, LLC facility used by the participant, including its owners, managers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the Axe or Knife Throwing event or program, premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the Axe and Knife Throwing facility or events held at such facility and each of them, their directors, officers, agents, employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as “Releasee”...FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next to kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES AND ANY CLAIMS OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DEATH OF THE PARTICIPANT OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE EVENT(S) CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE.
5. I/WE HEREBY acknowledge that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of THE UNDERSIGNED also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
6. EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
7. I understand that while participating in this activity, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the activity holders, producers, sponsor, and organizers.
FOR YOUR SAFETY – Please be advised that we require everyone to wear closed toe shoes. i.e. sneakers, boots, tennis shoes.
Participant expressly agrees to abide by all temporary regulations issued by state, local or federal authorities relative Covid 19, social distancing and mandatory face covering. Use of any equipment in a manner and/or conduct that runs contrary to any regulation is forbidden and disavowed by The Virginia Axe Company and their insurers.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
FACILITY “RELEASEE” NAME AND ADDRESS:
The Virginia Axe Company, LLC 2305 Commerce Center Drive Rockville, VA 23146
This release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement is provided by Francis L. Dean & Associates, Inc. A national provider of sports, leisure and entertainment insurance. For more information, please visit www.fdean.com