We are very excited to have you join our small group of dog owners who care about providing the best socialization and exercise for their dog. We know you’ll enjoy our property and all the friendly faces, both dog and human, you will see regularly at Barkwood.
There are a few rules that we have at Barkwood that members must abide by:
- The park is open during daylight hours only. No access is permitted before light or after dark.
- All dog waste must be bagged and can be disposed of in the garbage cans provided.
- The gates must be closed securely at all times. When leaving please make sure to get out of your vehicle to close the gates behind you for the safety of all our dogs.
- Throwing of balls and toys is not allowed at Barkwood Forest.
- The use of muzzles is not allowed at Barkwood Forest.
- Dogs in heat may not enter Barkwood Forest. (A pause to membership is possible during this time. Just email to inform us if your dog is in heat.)
- We recommend wearing proper clothing for the season. This includes:
- Long pants, walking or hiking shoes and socks at all times of year, even in the summer. This will protect you from ticks and any stray poison ivy or wild parsnip you may brush against.
- Ice grippers when conditions are icy. Please don’t brave the trails without these in the winter months. We use YakTrax if you’re looking for an excellent and affordable brand.
- These are recommendations only. We take no responsibility for any injury or illness you may contract while using our facility.
- All vehicles parked at Barkwood must have a Barkwood parking cling or mirror hanger visible in the back window. Unmarked vehicles may be towed at the owner’s expense.
- All dogs at Barkwood have to have completed the assessment and have a numbered Barkwood tag on and visible at all times on the property. Should you want to bring an additional dog to the park please contact us to have them assessed at our next open house.
- It is important to note that 24 hour monitoring of the property is not provided. While these rules are provided for the benefit of all registered members intending to use the property and while we hope that everyone will abide by our rules, we cannot guarantee that no unregistered users will access the property. You are therefore using the property at your own risk, and at the risk of your pet.
Since you will be using Barkwood Forest without supervision, we require you to sign the following liability waiver. We ask that you review this waiver carefully and abide by all of rules herein.
Note that all users of the property must sign this waiver prior to using the property. If you are bringing someone new to the property, they must first sign this waiver which can be found at www.boogity.ca/waiver. This URL is posted at the park entrance as well.
Thanks for joining!
Heidi, Kevin and The Boogity Team
Dog Behaviour at Barkwood
All registered dogs at Barkwood have passed our socialization screening but even good dogs have bad days sometimes. We also cannot guarantee that all users of the property will be properly registered.
At Barkwood all registered dogs wear a large metal tag which has a colour and a number that is unique to that dog.
If you are at Barkwood and have an issue with another member’s dog please note the colour and number of the tag (or as much information as you can remember) and report the incident to us at email@example.com.
If you notice a dog at Barkwood that is not wearing a tag, please report it to us as soon as possible, with as much detail as you can provide.
If the aggressor in this situation is your dog, please also report the situation to us.
You are responsible for the dogs in your care at Barkwood. If your dog injures another member’s dog, you may be asked to pay vet bills associated with that injury.
We also reserve the right to cancel any memberships of members whose dogs have had an incident at Barkwood. In this case a prorated amount for unused portion of the month will be refunded to the member.
We all want to ensure a safe and friendly environment and we can do this by working together.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Kevin, Heidi and The Boogity Team
Barkwood Liability Waiver
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH UTILIZING THE PROPERTY AT 7580 FERNBANK ROAD (hereafter known as “Barkwood Forest”) for both myself and my dog(s), including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of Boogity Dog Walking Inc., from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.
I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for walking at Barkwood Forest and will wear all appropriate clothing to protect from the elements and the hazards of the environment. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in the use of Barkwood Forest.
I agree that I am aware that dangers of the use of this property include but are not limited to (please initial each):
Ticks and other insects
Wildlife including but not limited to bears, coyotes and porcupines
Dogs owned by others
I have read and understand the recommendations regarding the wearing of appropriate clothing and footwear while at Barkwood Forest. I understand and agree that even with the wearing of proper clothing and footwear, there is risk associated with the use of Barkwood Forest. I will not hold Boogity Dog Walking Inc. responsible for any injury or illness incurred while using Barkwood Forest.
While Boogity Dog Walking Inc. will be screening all registered dogs for socialization, I understand that this process is not perfect and it is possible for my dog(s) or myself to be injured by another dog on the property, whether registered or unregistered.
I understand and acknowledge that the property is not supervised 24 hours per day and that, therefore, unregistered users may gain access to the property and that this is not within the control of Boogity Dog Walking Inc.
I understand and acknowledge that Barkwood Forest is fenced using animal containment fencing attached to posts and trees which is not impenetrable and could be compromised by nature from time to time (fallen trees, Deer, etc.). I will maintain awareness of my dog's location on the property at all times and Boogity Dog Walking Inc. is not responsible should my dog escape the fencing.
I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by the owners of Boogity Dog Walking Inc. and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities while engaging in all activities while at Barkwood Forest.
In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this activity, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
(A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of Boogity Dog Walking Inc. for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind to me and/or my dog(s). THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS ARE HEREBY RELEASED AND DISCHARGED: Boogity Dog Walking Inc. and/or their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents, and the activity holders, sponsors, and volunteers;
(B) I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in paragraph (a) above from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in activity at Barkwood Forest, for any reason whatsoever.
I acknowledge that Boogity Dog Walking Inc. and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives, and agents are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting any activity at Barkwood Forest.
I acknowledge that the use of Barkwood Forest may involve a test of a person's physical limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, and actions of other people, including, but not limited to, registered participants, unauthorized users, volunteers, monitors, and/or maintainers of the Barkwood Forest property.
The Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
Date: November 30, 2022