Certified Diver Liability & Release(Good for 1 year-DO NOT keep filling out waivers if you get a reminder)
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ AND BE CERTAIN YOU UNDERSTAND THE IMPLICATIONS OF SIGNING
EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK ASSOCIATED WITH DIVING AND RELATED ACTIVITIES
I do hereby affirm and acknowledge that I have been fully informed of the inherent hazards and risks associated with Snorkeling, Skin and/or Scuba diving. I fully understand that these risks can lead to severe injury and even loss of life. I understand that diving operations may be conducted at a site that is remote from a recompression chamber and competent medical assistance. Nevertheless, I choose to proceed even in the absence of a recompression chamber and competent medical assistance. Additionally, I understand that there are also risks associated with dive travel, including, but not limited to the possible injury or loss of life as a result of a dive boat accident, as well as travel to and from dive sites. Despite the potential hazards and dangers associated with the activity of diving, I wish to proceed and I freely accept and expressly assume all risk, dangers and hazards that may arise from diving activities which could result in personal injury, loss of life and property damage to me.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in Snorkeling, Skin and/or Scuba Diving activities as well as the use of any of the facilities and the use of the equipment of the below listed releasees, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS based upon negligence, active or passive with the exception of intentional, wanton or willful misconduct that I may have in the future against any of the following named persons or entities (hereafter referred to as Releasees):
(Instructor/s): All Staff & Instructors
(Facility/ies): Culebra Divers
2. To release the releasees, their officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents and volunteers, from liability and responsibility, whatsoever, for any claims or causes of action that I, my estate, heirs executors or assigns may have for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death arising from Snorkeling, Skin and / or Scuba diving activities whether caused by active or passive negligence of the releasees or otherwise with the exception of gross negligence. By executing this document, I agree to hold the releasees harmless for any injury or loss of life which may occur to me during Snorkeling, Skin and/or Scuba diving activities and/or instruction.
3. By entering into this agreement, I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by the releasees, other than what is set forth in this agreement. I further agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America.
4. If any provision, section, subsection, clause or phrase of this release is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that portion shall be severed from this contract. The remainder of this contract will then be construed as though the unenforceable portion had never been contained in this document.
I hereby declare that I am of legal age and am competent to sign this Agreement or, if not, that my parent or legal guardian shall sign on my behalf, and that my parent or legal guardian is in complete understanding and concurrence with this agreement.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, I UNDERSTAND IT, I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY IT.
Signature Of Participant / Signature Of Parent Or Guardian If Participant Is A Minor, and by their signature they, on my behalf release all claims that both they and I have.
September 22, 2023
HEALTH DECLARATION DISCLOSURE
I belive myself to by physically able to participate in this activity (when in doubt, seek medical advice from your primary care physician prior to participating).
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR RETURNING TO DIVING AFTER COVID-19 (Updated 2/2022)
The Diver Medical Screen Committee (DMSC), in collaboration with the Divers Alert Network (DAN), the World Recreational Scuba Training Council (WRSTC), the Undersea Hyperbaric Medical Society, and the World Underwater Federation (CMAS) has revised its screening system to focus on symptoms most likely to be problematic for divers, as discussed below. (https://www.daneurope.org/en/-/ftd-after-covid-update),
Depending on the clinical manifestation of COVID-19, divers can be divided into 4 groups:
- Asymptomatic, paucisymptomatic (nasal congestion and/or sore throat, in the absence of fever, cough, malaise, headache and/or myalgia) with transitory clinical manifestations.
- In such cases, returning to diving is not recommended before 7 days after recovery.
- A medical check-up with your treating doctor is recommended if you do not feel you have regained normal physical and mental capacity.
- Mild illness (See Table below) where no hospitalization and/or antiviral, antibiotic, cortisone or heparin treatment has been required.
- In these cases, we recommend a clinical assessment by the family doctor or a Diving Medicine specialist after 10 days since recovery. The assessment should consider the age of the diver, any condition identified as diving risk factors, vaccination status.
- Divers who have presented with moderate illness (See Table below) or have otherwise required hospitalization and/or antiviral, antibiotic, cortisone, or heparin treatment due to SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Divers with severe or critical illness (See Table).
Table (Condition/Stage and Features):
- Asymptomatic infection
- Diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 in the complete absence of symptoms
- Paucysymptomatic form
- Presence of symptoms such as nasal congestion and/or sore throat, without fever, cough, malaise, headache and/or myalgia
- Mild illness
- Presence of mild symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, loss of taste and smell, malaise, headache, myalgia), without shortness of breath, dyspnea, or abnormal chest imaging
- Moderate illness
- SpO2 > or = 94% and clinical or radiological evidence of pneumonia
- Severe illness
- SpO2 < 94%, PaO2/FiO2 < 300, respiratory rate > 30/min (in adults), or pulmonary infiltrates > 50%
- Critical illness
- Respiratory failure, septic shock, and/or multi-organ failure