Please be advised in order to protect the integrity of your skin we cannot perform any waxing or sugaring services on clients who are using the following prescribed medications: Retin-A, Accutane, antibiotics, blood thinners, or heart medication. The use of these medications may also limit our ability to perform any facial services.
I understand and agree to the following:
- The skin, lash/brow perm/lamination, or hair removal treatment has been explained to me in detail by my Self&Care Esthetician and for optimum results, a home treatment product program is needed to achieve optimum results.
- I may need several administrations of this treatment, IN ADDITION to following the home care advice of my esthetician to achieve my best results.
- This treatment does not need to be administered by a physician and in addition to receiving formal training, the Esthetician or Cosmetologist who administers treatment(s) also has a license with the state of California.
- Self&Care facial, hair removal, facial, or lash perming treatment I receive is provided for the basic purpose of cosmetic skin care.
- There are a small number of individuals who may have an allergic reaction to wax, sugar, skin care products, lash/brow perms/lamination, tints, hair dyes, and other chemical treatments. It is only in rare situations that the reaction can be severe.
- If I experience any adverse side effects that appear to be attributable to a service received or my use of home care products, I will discontinue the use of the products and notify Self&Care.
- Some redness/irritation is possible. If I experience any pain or discomfort during a service, I will immediately notify my Self&Care Esthetician or Cosmetologist.
- Those who have experienced an allergic reaction to henna or to hair dye containing para-phenylenediamine (PPD), may also develop an allergic rash to lash or brow dyes, and should not use them.
- I have the right to request a patch test to check for sensitivity, which should be performed at least an hour prior to my appointment. In the event I feel this is necessary, I must let Self&Care know 24 hours before my appointment in order for time to be set aside for this.
- Although my Self&Care Esthetician will perform services on my lashes or brows using proper technique, the instruments, tapes, cleaners, eye gel pads, perm solutions, and color tints may irritate my eyes and in rare cases eye infection or blurriness may occur.
- If I experience any of these conditions DURING or AFTER ANY service, I will inform my Self&Care Esthetician or Cosmetologist and consult a physician at my own expense, and will not hold my Esthetician liable for any costs that may occur in the event of medical care.
- I have read and understand ALL the above.
I understand that I will advise Self&Care if I am on ANY of the following treatments and that I may not receive clinical procedure(s) if I am currently using or experiencing any the following:
- Accutane or Isotretinoin, antibiotics, blood thinners, or heart medication within 1 year.
- Retinoids or vitamin A derivatives, including retinoic acid (Retin-A, Renova, etc), within 1 week.
- Recently received a facial or are undergoing reparative skin treatments including but not limited to, chemical peels, laser hair removal, microdermabrasion, and dermaplaning.
- Received injectables (fillers, Botox), within 2 weeks.
- Recent chemotherapy or radiation.
- Received hair removal (waxing, sugaring, threading, laser, electrolysis, creams), within 1 week.
- Use of alpha or beta hydroxy acids, within 1 week.
- Other manual exfoliating treatments, including Clarisonic or other facial cleansing brushes, within 1 week.
- If I am pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Received lash extensions, lashlift, or microblading within 1 month.
- Use of tanning beds (or any heat treatments) and/or sunburns 48 hours before waxing.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19 and Other Infectious Diseases
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is highly contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
By signing this waiver the client is fully aware of the current pandemic and the inherent risks involved. The client is aware that the majority of serious cases and deaths contributing to this virus are in people over 60 years old.
Self&Care Skin Studio (referred to here as “the Business” and/or “esthetics service provider”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, we cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19 or any other infectious diseases/viruses. Further, like any public place, could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement:
- I understand and agree that if I have tested positive or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or any other infectious diseases/viruses, I will NOT visit this business, and reschedule my appointment at least 14-days after the last day of symptoms and/or last day of exposure.
- I understand and agree that if I have tested positive or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or any other infectious diseases/viruses in the last 30 days, it is at the discretion of my esthetician if the appointment is safe to perform and that my appointment may be rescheduled to a later date.
- I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 or any other infectious diseases/viruses by visiting or coming onto the Business’ property and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death.
- I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 or any other infectious diseases/viruses at the Business may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, the Business’ employees, volunteers, and clients and their families.
- I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself for (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my attendance or presence at the Business or participation in the Business’ programming, events, or appointments (“Claims”).
- I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Business, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
- I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Business, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 or any other infectious disease/viruses infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Business program, event, or appointment.
- I will comply to the business' new regulations including but not limited to wearing a face covering at all times, waiting in my car until notified to enter the building, sanitizing my hands before entering the studio, and arriving to my appointment alone.
I understand and agree to the following booking and cancellation policy:
I understand a card is required to be kept on file for ALL bookings, which is not charged, only held for Self&Care's cancellation policy: I understand a 24-hour notice is required for all cancellations. All appointments canceled within 24 hours of the appointment will be charged 50% of the full-service cost. Same-day cancellation will be considered a no-show and charged 100% of the service cost. You will not be able to rebook until fee is paid. Groupons or any other prepaid vouchers are for first-time clients only and can only be used once.
I understand and agree to the following:
I legally release my Self&Care Esthetician or Cosmetologist from all liability associated with any and all services offered and performed (waxing, sugaring, threading, tweezing, tinting, facials, chemical peels, dermaplaning, microdermabrasion, massage, lash perming, brow lamination/perming), which is performed with the utmost attention to safety and proper application using tools and products that the Esthetician or Cosmetologist is licensed, insured, and professionally trained to use.