Today’s Date: May 28, 2020
THIRD LAW, LLC
Participant Agreement, Release, and Acknowledgement of Risk
In consideration of the services of Third Law, LLC, Roberto Torralbas, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities who act in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Third Law Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu”), I hereby agree to release and discharge Third Law, LLC, Roberto Torralbas, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and estate as follows:
- I acknowledge that the study and training of Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, Thai Boxing, and all other Martial Arts entails known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, among other things: intense, stressful, and strenuous exercises and body contact. I expressly consent to confront these known and unknown dangers and further agree, understand, and recognize that these risks may result in serious injury or illness including but not limited to: bruises, bloody noses, blood-borne pathogens, broken bones, heart attacks, or other cardiovascular diseases, or other serious injury resulting in death and/or property damage. Furthermore, I agree, understand, and recognize that Third Law, LLC Instructors have difficult jobs to perform. The instructors seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be ignorant of a participant’s fitness or abilities. They may give inadequate warnings or instruction, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Third Law, LLC from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Third Law, LLC’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Third Law, LLC’s or Roberto Torralbas.
- Should Third Law. LLC, Roberto Torralbas, or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorneys’ fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume – and bear the costs of all- risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit against Third Law, LLC or Roberto Torralbas, I agree to do so solely in the state of Florida, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a law suit against Third Law, LLC or Roberto Torralbas, on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I HAVE READ THIS PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE, AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW