In consideration of the services of EcoBikeAdventures, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "EBA"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge EBA, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in electric bike riding, racing and festival activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: slipping and falling; accidents involving other bicycles or vehicles; collision with fixed or movable objects; injuries or accidents involving contact with the electric bikes or other vehicles; falls from the electric bicycle; strains, sprains, broken bones and musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back injuries; cuts, abrasions, and bruises; cardiac related illness; the possibility of rough terrain will be encountered; I can be jolted, jarred, bounce, and shaken about during rides; contact with food boxes, other storage containers, or other fixed equipment; passengers can be thrown off the electric bicycle which can result in any of the above events occurring; collisions, and flipping over; damage to equipment or personal injury; the negligence of participants, or other persons who may be present; exposure to the natural elements can be uncomfortable and/or harmful; exposure could cause sunburn, dehydration, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, and heat cramps; accidents or illness can occur in remote places without medical facilities and emergency treatment or other services rendered; equipment failure; improper lifting or carrying; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity. Furthermore, LSEBF personnel and volunteers have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. Additionally, I agree to wear a helmet during riding activities.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless EBA from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of LSEBF's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of EBA.
4. Should EBA or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against EBA, I agree to do so solely in the state of California, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against EBA on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I also agree that this document is valid for subsequent visits and participation at EBA.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
PARENT'S OR GUARDIAN'S ADDITIONAL INDEMNIFICATION
(Must be completed for participants under the age of 18)
In consideration of ("Minor") being permitted by EBA to participate in its activities and to use its equipment and facilities, I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless EBA from any and all claims which are brought by, or on behalf of Minor, and which are in any way connected with such use or participation by Minor.