August 26, 2019
As a condition of participation for the 2019 Edgartown Yacht Club, Inc sailing season:
- I recognize that sailing is an activity that has an inherent risk of damage and injury associated with it.
- I do for myself, my executors or administrators, heirs and assigns, waive any and all claims as may accrue to me or them against the Edgartown Yacht Club, Inc., its officers, trustees, members, employees and agents, and any one or more of them arising out of my and my crews participation in sailing related activities/events. I do further agree to and do hereby indemnify the aforesaid organization and persons from any claim, demand or judgment against them, including cost of attorney’s fees, and expenses incurred in defense of such claims, etc. made or brought by a guest or crew member.
- I have taken all necessary steps to ensure that I, my crew or fellow crew and my ‘entered’ boat are adequately prepared for all possible contingencies, including appropriate safety equipment as may be required by law or that a prudent seaman would consider advisable.
- If sailing / racing with a ‘borrowed’ or ‘club owned’ boat provided by the Edgartown Yacht Club, Inc. I have read Racing Rules of Sailing, Rule 4, Decision to Race (if racing), and hereby acknowledge and agree that I am participating entirely at my own risk.
- I acknowledge and agree that the Edgartown Yacht Club, Inc, the boat Owner, the Organizing Authority nor the race committee will be responsible for:
a. the first $500 of damage to the boat I am borrowing, or
b. any injury, including death, sustained as a result of my participation in this event
- The Edgartown Yacht Club, Inc confirms Hull and Protection and Indemnity insurance are in place for a boat borrowed from the Edgartown Yacht Club, Inc.
- We will inspect the borrowed boat upon redelivery to the Edgartown Yacht Club, Inc and advise you of any damage, missing parts, etc. discovered and will mutually agree with you the cost of any repair / replacement parts that need to be undertaken up to a maximum of $500.