RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ AND BE CERTAIN YOU UNDERSTAND THE IMPLICTIONS OF SIGNING
EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK ASSOCIATED WITH DIVING AND RELATED ACTIVITIES
Any photos taken by Culebra Divers are property of Culebra Divers. I understand and agree photos taken could be used on any and all forms of social media including Culebra Divers website. We do not take photos of individuals.
I do hereby affirm and acknowledge that I have been fully informed of the inherent hazards and risks associated with Snorkeling, Skin and/or Scuba diving. I fully understand that these risks can lead to severe injury and even loss of life. I understand that diving operations may be conducted at a site that is remote from a recompression chamber and competent medical assistance. Nevertheless, I choose to proceed even in the absence of a recompression chamber and competent medical assistance. Additionally, I understand that there are also risks associated with dive travel, including, but not limited to the possible injury or loss of life as a result of a dive boat accident, as well as travel to and from dive sites. Despite the potential hazards and dangers associated with the activity of diving, I wish to proceed and I freely accept and expressly assume all risk, dangers and hazards that may arise from diving activities which could result in personal injury, loss of life and property damage to me.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in Snorkeling, Skin and/or Scuba Diving activities as well as the use of any of the facilities and the use of the equipment of the below listed releasees, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS based upon negligence, active or passive with the exception of intentional, wanton or willful misconduct that I may have in the future against any of the following named persons or entities (hereafter referred to as Releasees):
(Instructor/s) All Staff & Instructors
(Facility/ies) Culebra Divers
2. To release the releasees, their officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents and volunteers, from liability and responsibility, whatsoever,
for any claims or causes of action that I, my estate, heirs executors or assigns may have for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death arising from Snorkeling, Skin and / or Scuba diving activities whether caused by active or passive negligence of the releasees or otherwise with the exception of gross negligence. By executing this document, I agree to hold the releasees harmless for any injury or loss of life which may occur to me during Snorkeling, Skin and/or Scuba diving activities and/or instruction.
3. By entering into this agreement, I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by the releasees, other than what is set forth in this agreement. I further agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America.
4. If any provision, section, subsection, clause or phrase of this release is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that portion shall be severed from this contract. The remainder of this contract will then be construed as though the unenforceable portion had never been contained in this document.
I hereby declare that I am of legal age and am competent to sign this Agreement or, if not, that my parent or legal guardian shall sign on my behalf, and that my parent or legal guardian is in complete understanding and concurrence with this agreement.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, I UNDERSTAND IT, I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY IT.
STANDARD SAFE DIVING PRACTICES STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
Please read carefully before initialing.
This is a statement in which you are informed of the established safe diving practices for skin and scuba diving. These practices have been compiled for your review and acknowledgement and are intended to increase your comfort and safety in diving. Your signature on this statement is required as proof that you are aware of these safe diving practices. Read and discuss the statement prior to signing it. If you are a minor, this form must also be signed by a parent or guardian.
I understand that as a diver I should:
1. Maintain good mental and physical fitness for diving. Avoid being under the influence of alcohol or dangerous drugs when diving. Keep proficient in diving skills, striving to increase them through continuing education and reviewing them in controlled conditions after a period of diving inactivity, and refer to my course materials to stay current and refresh myself on important information.
2. Be familiar with my dive sites. If not, obtain a formal diving orientation from a knowledgeable, local source. If diving conditions are worse than those in which I am experienced, postpone diving or select an alternate site with better conditions. Engage only in diving activities consistent with my training and experience. Do not engage in cave or technical diving unless specifically trained to do so.
3. Use complete, well-maintained, reliable equipment with which I am familiar; and inspect it for correct fit and function prior to each dive. Have a buoyancy control device, low-pressure buoyancy control inflation system, submersible pres- sure gauge and alternate air source and dive planning/monitoring device (dive computer, RDP/dive tables—which- ever you are trained to use) when scuba diving. Deny use of my equipment to uncertified divers.
4. Listen carefully to dive briefings and directions and respect the advice of those supervising my diving activities. Recog- nize that additional training is recommended for participation in specialty diving activities, in other geographic areas and after periods of inactivity that exceed six months.
5. Adhere to the buddy system throughout every dive. Plan dives – including communications, procedures for reuniting in case of separation and emergency procedures – with my buddy.
6. Be proficient in dive planning (dive computer or dive table use). Make all dives no decompression dives and allow a margin of safety. Have a means to monitor depth and time underwater. Limit maximum depth to my level of training and experience. Ascend at a rate of not more than 18 metres/60 feet per minute. Be a SAFE diver – Slowly Ascend From Every dive. Make a safety stop as an added precaution, usually at 5 metres/15 feet for three minutes or longer.
7. Maintain proper buoyancy. Adjust weighting at the surface for neutral buoyancy with no air in my buoyancy control device. Maintain neutral buoyancy while underwater. Be buoyant for surface swimming and resting. Have weights clear for easy removal, and establish buoyancy when in distress while diving. Carry at least one surface signaling device (such as signal tube, whistle, mirror).
8. Breathe properly for diving. Never breath-hold or skip-breathe when breathing compressed air, and avoid excessive hyperventilation when breath-hold diving. Avoid overexertion while in and underwater and dive within my limitations.
9. Use a boat, float or other surface support station, whenever feasible.
10. Know and obey local dive laws and regulations, including fish and game and dive flag laws.
I have read the above statements and have had any questions answered to my satisfaction. I understand the importance and pur- poses of these established practices. I recognize they are for my own safety and well-being, and that failure to adhere to them can place me in jeopardy when diving.
Participant Record (Confidential Information)
Please read carefully before signing.
This is a statement in which you are informed of some potential risks involved in scuba diving and of the conduct required of you during the scuba training program. Your signature on this statement is required for you to participate in the scuba training program offered by All Staff & Instructors and Instructor Culebra Divers located in the Facility city of Culebra, state/province of Puerto Rico.
Read this statement prior to signing it. You must complete this Medical Statement, which includes the medical questionnaire section, to enroll in the scuba training program. If you are a minor, you must have this Statement signed by a parent or guardian.
Diving is an exciting and demanding activity. When performed correctly, applying correct techniques, it is relatively safe. When established safety procedures are not followed, however, there are increased risks.
To scuba dive safely, you should not be extremely overweight or out of condition. Diving can be strenuous under certain conditions. Your respiratory and circulatory systems must be in good health. All body air spaces must be normal and healthy. A person with coronary disease, a current cold or congestion, epilepsy, a severe medical problem or who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs should not dive. If you have asthma, heart disease, other chronic medical conditions or you are taking medications on a regular basis, you should consult your doctor and the instructor before participating in this program, and on a regular basis thereafter upon completion. You will also learn from the instructor the important safety rules regarding breathing and equalization while scuba diving. Improper use of scuba equipment can result in serious injury. You must be thoroughly instructed in its use under direct supervision of a qualified instructor to use it safely.
If you have any additional questions regarding this Medical Statement or the Medical Questionnaire section, review them with your instructor before signing.