I hereby acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to enter the premises, to engage in shooting my personal firearm or a rental firearm, or to participate in other activities of the Fox Valley Shooting Club, LLC d/b/a Fox Valley Shooting Range (hereinafter collectively referred to as "FVSC" and KMA Range Properties, LLC (hereinafter referred to as "KMA").
(Participant must read and initial each paragraph)
I. ASSUMPTION OF RISK. I hereby acknowledge and fully understand the inherent risks, dangers and hazards associated with the use of a firearms or shooting range, firearm instruction, the discharge of firearms, and the use of live ammunition, including, but not limited to, the risk of physical injury, disfigurement, disability, emotional injury, or death and risk of loss of use or damage to my personal property. I further acknowledge and understand that injury or loss may result from: airborne materials and objects; the use of equipment, materials or facilities; lead dust inhalation; noise; the acts or omissions of others; the unavailability of immediate and/or adequate emergency medical care; and, other unknown or unexpected risks. I hereby knowingly and voluntarily assume each of these risks, dangers and hazards, and all other risks, dangers and hazards, whether known or unknown, that could arise out of, or occur during, my presence on the FVSC and KMA premises.
2. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION. I on behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrator, representatives, successors and assignees hereby forever release and discharge FVSC and KMA, its members, owners, employees, gunsmiths, range safety officers, officers, directors, club members, instructors, guests, volunteers, agents and affiliates from any and all claims, demands, damages, expenses, causes of action, attachments of property, attorney fees, court costs or liability of any kind whatsoever that I, my heirs, executor, administrator, representatives, successors and/or assignees may have for property damage, personal injury, death resulting from my entering the premises, using the facilities or equipment, engaging in shooting, observing others shoot and/or any other activities at the FVSC facilities even if such claims, demands, damages, expenses, attachments of property, attorney fees, court costs a liability result from any acts of FVSC and/or KMA, even any negligent act or omission to act, including negligent or omitted first aid or rescue operations.
I further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless FVSC and KMA from any and all claims, demands, damages, expenses, causes of action, expenses, attorneys fees, court costs or liability of any kind that any person or entity may have for property damage, personal injury or death resulting from my entering the premises, using the facilities or equipment, engaging in shooting, observing others shoot and/or any other activities at the FVSC facilities to the extent that such claims, demands, damages, expenses, causes of action, attachments of property, attorney fees, court costs or liability result whole or partially from any act or acts, even any negligent acts or omission to act, including any negligent or omitted first aid or rescue operations.
3. MEDICAL CERTIFICATION. I certify that I have no medical condition or physical conditions that could in any way compromise my safety or the safety of others during my use of the range or participation in any activities or events at the FVSC premises.
5. RULES AND REGULATIONS. I have read, understood and agree to abide by all of the Range Operation and Safety rules of FVSC. I further agree to abide by any verbal instruction and/or safety rules issued by any FVSC instructor, staff member or range safety officer.
6. INTERPERTATION AND SEVERABILITY. I further acknowledge that this contract shall be interpreted and enforced under the laws of the State of Illinois and agree that if any provision contained herein is held to be invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the agreement shall continue and remain in full force and effect.
7. I have fully and carefully read this Waiver and Release and the Range Operation and Safety rules and understand their contents and that I am signing this of my own free will without inducement or any other consideration. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE FROM LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT AND THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM AGREEING NOT TO SUE FOX VALLEY SHOOTING CLUB, LLC D/B/A FOX VALLEY SHOOTING RANGE OR KMA RANGE PROPERTIES, LLC AND RELEASING AND HOLDING THEM HARMLESS OF ANY AND ALL LIABILITY.
8. I hereby agree to be financially responsible for and to reimburse FVSC and KMA for any damage I or my guests may cause to the premises, range or equipment. I consent to being video recorded while on the premises and to be removed from the range and/or termination of my membership in FVSC for violation of the range operation and safety rules.
FOX VALLEY SHOOTING CLUB, LLC
Membership Terms and Conditions
Fox Valley Shooting Club, LLC d/b/a Fox Valley Shooting Range ("FVSC") is a membership club. FVSC facilities are available for use by all FVSC members and groups, organizations and individuals approved by FVSC. Silver and Gold Fox Members receive discounts and other benefits determined by FVSC. Membership is subject to the Terms and Conditions stated herein and will be granted and may be revoked at the sole discretion of FVSC.
1. Member hereby agrees that membership dues shall be paid on an annual basis on the Member's anniversary date. Membership dues and benefits may be reviewed and adjusted by FVSC. In addition, Member agrees that FVSC is entitled to collect costs, including reasonable attorney ' s fees, incurred in collecting any monies due FVSC or to enforce these Terms and Conditions, the Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement, Range Rules or any other membership provisions. Memberships are non-refundable and may not be transferred or sold.
2. All Members, guests and other FVSC facility users must follow all FVSC Terms and Conditions and Range Rules. In addition, they must read and agree to the terms of the FVSC Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement.
3. Member shall be responsible for any accidents or injuries caused by their guest. Guests will not be allowed to enter the range unless individually approved by FVSC management.
4. All Members and guests are subject to the general policies and rules of operation of the FVSC ranges, all of which are intended to promote a safe, professional, friendly and family oriented environment.
5. Any Member or guest may be suspended or expelled from the FVSC facilities for violation of the Range Rules or behavior deemed to be unsafe by any FVSC personnel. Decisions made by the management of FVSC regarding suspension or expulsion are final.
6. If a Member or guest causes any damage to FVSC or KMA Range, LLC property, whether accidental, negligent, willful or otherwise, the Member and/or guest will be removed from the facilities and suspended or terminated from Membership. The individual responsible for the damage may be civilly or criminally prosecuted. FVSC reserves the right to charge the Member for such damage and should court action be required the Member will also be liable to FVSC for costs and reasonable attorney's fees.
I have read, understand and agree to be bound by the foregoing Terms and Conditions of membership in consideration of being granted the privileges of Fox Valley Shooting Club, LLC membership.
Today's Date: September 30, 2020