Activity: Rock climbing
Rock climbing can be a dangerous activity. We are here to ensure that you enjoy your climbing and stay safe. To do this, we need your help.
I declare that:
- I understand that the activity I am participating in can be dangerous and cause injury or death.
- I understand that once I have completed the safety briefing by the staff at Birkenhead Pool and Leisure Centre, I am responsible for my own safety when climbing.
- I understand that my conduct and behaviour must not endanger myself or others participating in the activity. Therefore, I willnot engage in any activity beyond my capabilities that may cause endangerment.
- I understand that, if I am uncertain how to operate anyequipment, it is my responsibility to get clarification from staff before I climb.
- I understand that Birkenhead Pool and Leisure Centre staff reserve the right to remove me from belaying if my technique does not meet facility standard.
- I certify that I am in good health, both physically and mentally fit to be able to safely participate in this activity. I agree to notify the staff of Birkenhead Pool and Leisure Centre of any health or medical concerns that may affect the safety of my participation in this activity.
- I agree to bring any concerns or unusual significant hazards I observe to the attention of the staff on the day.
- I understand that I must be at least 8 years old to belay on the rock-climbing wall.
- I understand that I must be 14 years or older to climb without direct supervision by a parent/guardian, unless I am participating in a supervised activity (Birkenhead Pool and Leisure Centre climbing class or EOTC programme only).
- As a supervising parent/guardian, I additionally acknowledge that I am personally responsible for the health, safety and welfareof my child/youngperson while climbingand the role of Birkenhead Pool and Leisure Centre is to support me in this.
- I have read, understood and agree to abide by the facility and activity rules outlined by the Birkenhead Pool and Leisure Centre. I understand that failure to do so only increases the risk of my safety and others, and I may be removed from the premises as a result.
Birkenhead Pool and Leisure Centre Climbing Wall rules
- Report to reception on each visit before you climb.
- Respect other users of this facility.
- Belayers and climbers must always be harnessed and clipped.
- All equipment must be used in the correct way as shown by the staff of this facility during the safety briefing.
- Do not climb up the belay ropes, or support structures.
- The mats are there to lessen your impact in case of a fall and therefore must not be used for jumping or gymnastics activities
- All karabiners attached to top rope climbers must be clipped back to one another upon finishing climb.
- The belayer must always ensure the rope is tensioned for the climber while climbing.
- When bouldering climbers must receive orientation by a staff member.
- Ensure both karabiners are clipped to the climber’s harness.
- Footwear must be worn on all climbing walls.
- Do not run in the climbing area.
- You must be 8 years old or over to belay.
- Lead climbers must clip onto all quickdraws on the route you are climbing.
Parent/guardian for child/ren under 14:
- As a parent/guardian I hereby declare I am 14 years of age or older and have read, understood and accept the aforementioned conditions on behalf of my child/ren/young person.
- Asa parent/guardian I additionally acknowledge that Birkenhead Pool and Leisure Centre is not responsible for the health, safety or welfare of my child/ren/young person.
We may take general photographs or videos of the facilities at any time. If you or your child appear in those photographs or videos, you agree that we may use them for marketing and promotional purposes and that you have no rights or copyright in the material. You release Auckland Council, the photographer or filmmaker, and each of their licensees and assignees, from any and all claims and demands in connection with the material or its future use.
We will seek your consent before using any photos or videos in which you or your child are clearly recognisable.
You must get the permission of the staff member in charge before taking photos or videos of anyone outside of your own party.
Today's Date: July 8, 2020