PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY LEST YOU SIGN WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING IMPORTANT POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.
Member Information, Policies, and Procedures
1) The AGI Promise: We're so sure that you will love being part of our AGI family, that should you be unsatisfied, your membership fee and first month’s tuition is fully refundable! Please note, you must request your refund within 15 calendar days of your first scheduled class, this applies regardless of attendance of the first scheduled class. This arrangement does not apply for “Drop-In” or team programs, camps, clinic or other services.
2) Tuition: All Programs’ Tuitions are due every 26th of the month prior to the active month. (example; June Tuition is due May 26th)
PreK & Rec Programs: Tuition is billed monthly for all preschool and recreational programs. Your tuition will be due every 26th of the month. We understand proper financial planning is important for our families. We will always send out invoices on the 20th of every month. Unpaid accounts after the 26th of the month will incur a $10.00 late fee, which will be applied to your account. The card on file, regardless of autopay status, will be run on the 1st of the month. Accounts left unpaid for over 30 days will result in automated class un-enrollment.
Team Programs: It is our policy that AGI Xcel and Junior Olympic Team Members consider training at AGI to be a year-round commitment. Your commitment to a 12-month training cycle ensures consistency in coaching and greater progress towards achieving goals. Therefore, beginning January 2020, Team Tuitions will be billed by annual season (June through May), and will payable in 12 monthly installments on the 26th of every month. A late charge of $15 will be applied for all team accounts not paid by the due date. Team accounts unpaid after 10 days will be subjected to an additional 1.5% late fee per day. This late fee policy also applies to assessment, and other team-related fees.
Team Refund Policy: AGI does not offer refunds for any reason (injuries included) nor do we prorate for missed training sessions. Monthly tuition is determined by considering the cost of the total program for the year and not a per-hour charge. The total program cost is divided into 12 equal monthly payment installments regardless of the number of training hours during that month. In short, your annual tuition pays for your spot on the team, not your time in the gym, and is payable in full regardless of your status on the team.
3) Proration: AGI plans 3-4 weeks of gym closures per calendar year. All 1x per week PreK and Rec Programs are billed based on a 4-week month. In the case that a month does not have 4 weekly classes, tuition is automatically prorated. If a month has 5 classes, there is no additional charge. AGI does not prorate for Martial Arts, 2x per week, 3x per week, Next Gen and Team Tuitions.
CLASS CANCELLATION / TEAM PRACTICE CANCELLATION / CLOSURE POLICY
AGI reserves the right to cancel or close classes for any reason including inclement weather, poor staffing or low enrollment. Should AGI cancel a class, we will make every effort to provide a make-up opportunity to students within 30 days. If a makeup is not possible, AGI will issue a class credit for the cost of the cancelled class or classes upon request.
AGI reserves the right to alter, cancel or close team practices or programs for any reason including coaches’ travel, coaches’ education, competitions, inclement weather, poor staffing or low enrollment. AGI will make every effort to provide a comparable makeup practice when applicable.
4) Make-Ups & Waitlist: To take part in a Make Up Class you must have Make Up Tokens in your account.
- 1. You must submit a notice of your absence prior to the class to receive a Make Up Token. The notice must be submitted through our website via the “Absence Notification” form.
- 2. You can use your Make Up Tokens at any time, but we cannot book a Make Up Class further than 7 days (1 week) out. However, the token never expires so long as you remain actively enrolled.
- 3.If you become inactive, you will permanently lose any Make Up Tokens you have accumulated. Make-up classes are a benefit and are not transferable. Furthermore, if your membership expires or you become inactive, all of your make-ups will permanently expire, regardless of if you renew membership at a future date.
- 4. Make Up Tokens are non-transferable to others (including to siblings).
Waitlist: Clients on a waitlist for a class will be accommodated on a first come first basis, however, clients not currently enrolled in classes will be prioritized.
5) Required Card on File. Effective January 1st, 2020, all new or renewing members must have a credit/debit card on file in order to be enrolled in classes. Card on file will be charged for any unpaid balance on the 1st of the month. If client is unable or unwilling to place a card on file, a deposit must be submitted for the value of one month’s tuition. This is refundable only if client places a 30-day drop notice (refund will be given after last day of classes). If client’s account becomes 30 days past due, client will be dropped from program and the deposit will become non-refundable.
6) Payment by Checks. Check payments or automatic checking account debit transactions with insufficient funds will result in a $35 returned check fee. Returned checks or insufficient bank fund debits exceeding two instances will result in suspension of check writing privileges/automatic checking account agreement.
7) Cancelation Due to No Shows. In the scenario that no students show up for a schedule class time, the instructor will wait 5 minutes before canceling the class. The same policy applies to scheduled private lessons.
8) Coach Changes. Just as in any youth recreational program, many of our coaching staff are part-time and are often students in college. This means that coaching assignment changes do occur, both temporary and permanent. However, all of our staff are trained through our proprietary systems which include online education courses, practical hands-on training, hours of mentor shadowing, and standardized testing. Unlike when there are “school teacher” changes or “substitute teachers” in the classical school setting, when coaching changes occur at AGI it does not hinder student progress. Since all coaches are fully certified and all have access to the child’s skill chart- there is no delay in the learning process when coach changes occur, which does happen.
9) Active Membership. In order to be enrolled in an AGI program you must be an active member in good standing. The Annual membership fee is applied prior to your being eligible for class enrollment and must be renewed annually. Membership tiers coming soon! It is important to note that in order for your membership to stay valid you must be actively enrolled in classes or camps. Refunds are not available for memberships that become invalid for any reason. Dropping out of the program will cause your membership to be revoked (“expire early”). A new membership fee payment will be required upon your returning to classes. Membership Fee’s are due annually on your enrollment anniversary.
Team Membership. All AGI Team members are charged an an annual membership fee in the amount of $200.00 per athlete. This fee is payable annually by June 1st every year (prior to the Summer Training Season). This fee may be prorated by 50% for mid-year additions to our competitive roster.
10) Drop Notice Requirement. A “30-Day Written Drop Notice” is required to drop from class. The notice must be received by the 1st of the month prior to the month dropping. Notices received after the 1st week of classes will not be processed until the 1st week of the following month and will take effect the following month. i.e. client expecting to drop in July must give a 30-day drop notice by June 1 to avoid July tuition. Notices must be submitted online through the proper link and form.
11) Competitive Team Programs Note:
Please understand that our invite-only competitive team programs have separate and additional rules that may hold supremacy over any stated policies or procedures found here.
12) AGI Olympics. Annually, AGI hosts a gym-wide event designed so our athletes can showcase to their family and friends the skills they have acquired and accomplished! THIS is the event of the year! It is everything the athletes are working toward during their recreational classes each year, and is the culmination and celebration of our team’s competitive season. This fun-filled event is done in the style of a competitive competition without the scores or critiques. All participants will receive a personal gold medal, food & refreshments after the event, a goodie bag, & two free admission tickets for family. This is a special day for all of our athletes to shine and make their parents proud. Our PreK, Tumbling, and Martial Arts athletes participate by performing our grand "Olympic Opening Ceremony!” Our Next Gen, Recreational and Team Athletes will participate in performing in an Olympic-competition-style gymnastics event! Each group of athletes will be recognized at their own special awards ceremony! Additionally, our staff will be recognized for their dedication and accomplishments during the year!
If you are enrolled at AGI, you are automatically scheduled into the AGI Olympics, as it is a part of the program. This is an additional charge annually which will automatically be added to your tuition. The charge is spread out into three payments and are applied throughout March, April, and May. Again, this is automatic and will be applied to your tuition.
Although you are permitted to drop out of the AGI Olympics, it is highly recommended not to do so. The AGI Olympics is the culmination of the entire AGI program every year! If you decide to drop out you must do so before April 15th. If you drop out after any payments have been applied, you will only be permitted a credit of amounts paid (not a refund). No credits or refunds will be issued if you miss the drop out date. Drops can only be made through the proper online form, no other form is permitted (e-mail, phone, or verbal “drops” cannot be accepted and will not be valid). To find the proper online form, visit www.agigym.com and search look for the AGI Olympics link.
13) Arrival and Pickup Policy Statement.
Late Arrival: Class Students arriving more than 5 minutes late to class MUST schedule a makeup with the front office. The safety of your child is very important to us, and providing a proper warm-up, stretch and setting the tone for the class help us keep your child safe. This rule does not apply to AGI Team athletes. AGI Team athletes that arrive late are expected to complete their warmup, stretch and basics prior to joining in on rotations.
Late Pickup: Please inform us if you know you will be late picking up your participant. Our classes are not "Safety Lock Down Events", meaning that at the end of the class the child will be released to the public. Please be present with eyes on your child at least a few minutes before the class end time. Camps, Parent Night Outs, and certain special events are Safety Lock Down Events, ask front desk staff if you are unsure if an event is a Safety Lock Down Events. Events like Open Gym are NOT Safety Lock Down Events, children are free to roam during these events and it is recommended you stay during the entire event to keep an eye on your child(ren). Late pickup (aftercare) for camps is available for an additional fee.
Only for Safety Lock Down Events is the person, or persons, picking up the child subject to our "Three Tier Security Check Out System" which states all of the following must occur for the child to be released;
Three Tier Security Check Out System:
01) The person picking up the child must have their name on the account.
02) The person picking up the child must present a photo ID or staff must be able to recognize the person by face identification from previous pick-ups.
03) The person picking up the child must know and verbalize the "Safety Word" on file or staff must be able to recognize the person by face identification from previous pick-ups.
Ensure you give the front desk a Safety Word and that all people who potentially may pick up your child from lock down events (such as camps or Parent Night Outs) know the Safety Word and have their name on file. Otherwise the child will not be released from lock down events or camps without further security steps, which can be time consuming.
OPEN GYM NOTICE:
Please understand that, unlike some of our other programs, our Open Gyms are not "Safety Lock Down Events". We advise you to stay and watch your child the entire event. They are free to leave the gym floor and walk into the lobby at any time and are not directly accounted for by any staff member. If you are comfortable with leaving your child at the Open Gym event, please understand you do so by your own free will with the knowledge that nobody is directly monitoring your child's whereabouts. Staff is on the floor to ensure safety and fun, but at these particular events, staff are not ensuring that children stay on the gym floor.
14) Online Skill Tracking. Depending on your child’s program, it is likely his/her progress is tracked through our online software, iClassPro. Ask your child’s instructor or the front desk if your child’s program is one such program. If so, you can view your child’s progress online via our website or the iClassPro Parent Portal App.
15) Dress Code
Hair should be pulled neatly and securely away from the face so that it stays up for the entire workout. No chewing gum or jewelry are allowed (studs in ears ok.) Personal items should be left in cubbies. AGI will not be responsible for any items that may be lost or stolen. Be sure your gymnast’s personal items are marked with their name.
-Boys are expected to wear athletic shorts that fit the waist snugly. Gymnastics-specific training shorts are preferred. An athletic tank top or shirt (form fitting) is permitted.
-Girls are expected to wear leotards. Form-fitting training shorts are allowed.
-AGI is happy to make accommodations to athletes who require a greater level of clothing coverage for religious reasons by allowing form-fitting leggings or unitards that cover the legs to the ankle and/or arms to the wrist.
-Loose clothing is not permitted.
-All gymnastics and martial arts athletes should be barefoot while in class. No socks or stockings. Gymnastics shoes will be permitted on a case-by-case basis.
-Tumbling students are expected to wear an athletic shirt or tank and shorts or leggings.
-Indoor-only cheer-tumbling shoes are permitted.
-Athletes should NOT wear tumbling shoes outside.
16) BIRTHDAY PARTY CANCELLATION POLICY
Families must contact the gym sale representative by phone or in person to cancel or reschedule a party. Parties may be rescheduled up to two weeks prior to the party date. Parties may be canceled up to two weeks prior to the party date and a gym credit will be issued. Gym credits, and/or rescheduled parties are not allowed within 2 weeks of the party date. RSVPs required 1 week in advance.
Party cancellations via voicemail, text, or email are not allowed. All AGI Birthday Parties are non-refundable.
All party attendees must have a signed waiver upon arrival.
17) PERMISSION MARKETING
AGI may send transactional and promotional emails and text messages to prospects and members. Transactional emails consist of emails pertaining to your Member account such as monthly statements, credit card receipts, class information, reward programs, Student enrollments, and privacy mailings. Promotional emails consist of emails about upcoming events and services that may be valuable to our Members. An email address is required for creating an account with AGI. Transactional emails will be sent to any AGI Member when it is necessary to communicate important information to your Family about your Member account.
Any Member may unsubscribe from receiving promotional email from AGI at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button in any promotional email or by contacting the front office - however this is NOT recommended as you will miss important newsletters, notices and updates.
17) MEDIA RELEASE AND CONSENT. As a member of AGI, you authorize AGI to copy, reproduce or publish your child’s photograph and/or recorded audio or video, for the purpose of illustration, advertising, display, audio/visual, public relations and social media purposes. This release may be revoked at anytime in writing.
18) TOBACCO, DRUG & FIREARM POLICY. AGI is a tobacco-free, drug-free and firearm free environment. The use of cigarettes, tobacco related products, and/or e-cigs are prohibited on all AGI premises. The possession or use of illegal substances is prohibited on the the AGI premises. Firearms are not permitted on the premesis.
19) UPDATE TO RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
The current version of AGI policies posted online supersedes all previously posted or issued versions of same as of the date specified below. AGI reserves the right to change policies at any time. Members of AGI are required to periodically review revised policies posted online.
Artistic Gymnastics Institute, LLC
AGI Policies revision date: 11/26/2019
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RULES TERMS & CONDITIONS
I acknowledge that I have read, understood and agree to all of the above terms and conditions.
As the legal parent or guardian, I hereby expressly waive, release, absolve, and agree to indemnify The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC, including, but not limited to Preschool Gymnastics, Recreational Gymnastics, Tumbling, Cheer, Pre-Team, Next Gen, TOPs, HOPEs, Elite, Archway Self Defense, Olympic Weightlifting, and/or any other entities, business divisions that may be later created by The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC, or utilize the facilities at The Artistic Gymnastics its coaches, staff, subcontractors and the premises owners on which any of its activities may be held, for ANY AND ALL CURRENT, FUTURE OR UNACCRUED CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION, specifically including, but not limited to, bodily injury or death. Moreover, the parties agree to arbitrate any dispute under the laws of the State of Illinois.
I, the parent or legal guardian hereby give my approval for the named minor(s) in this registration to participate in any and all activities provided by The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC, including, but not limited to, Preschool Gymnastics, Recreational Gymnastics, Tumbling, Cheer, Pre-Team, Next Gen, TOPs, HOPEs, Elite, Archway Self Defense, Olympic Weightlifting and/or any other activites offered by The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC. I understand that by the very nature of the activity and services offered by The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC carry a risk of physical injury which may be severe, debilitating and/or cause death. No matter how careful the coaches and participants are, or how many spotters are provided, or what the surface may be, the risk of injury cannot be eliminated. Injuries may occur, including minor injuries and, although rare, catastrophic injuries or death. I fully understand these risks and agree to not to hold The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC, the premises owners or any other business unit/division including its coaches and/or staff responsible for any form of injury that may occur at any time during any activity provided by The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC, including but not limited to Preschool Gymnastics, Recreational Gymnastics, Tumbling, Cheer, Pre-Team, Next Gen, TOPs, HOPEs, Elite, Archway Self Defense, Olympic Weightlifting and/or any other activities offered, provided by or held by The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC.
LIABILITY & WAIVER
As the legal parent or guardian, in consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in any of the athletic/sports programs and related activities offered by The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC, the undersigned:
A. Agrees that prior to participating, he/she will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used and if he/she believes anything is unsafe, will immediately advise the coach/supervisor of such condition and refuse to participate.
B. Acknowledges and fully understands that each participant will engage in activities involving risk of serious injury, including permanent disability, death and severe social and economic losses which might result from their own actions, inaction or negligence of others, rules of play, or condition of the premises or any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not reasonably foreseeable or unknown to The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC at this time.
C. Assumes all the foregoing risks and accepts personal responsibility for damages which may hereinafter occur following such injury, permanent disability or death.
D. Releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to sue The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC, affiliated clubs & businesses, their respective owners, administrators, directors, agents, coaches, subcontractors and other employees of the organizations, other participants, and if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct an event, all of which are hereafter referred to as "RELEASEES" from demands, losses or damages on account of injury from future participation, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the "RELEASEES" or otherwise.
E. Agrees to carry personal health insurance in case of a sports injury. Regardless of whether I carry health insurance, I agree not to seek payment of medical bills of any kind from The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC or their owners. If I choose not to carry health insurance in violation of the Affordable Care Act, I understand that I will be solely responsible for any and all medical charges by hospitals or physicians and will not attempt to seek reimbursement of any kind from The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC or their owners.
F. RELEASES THE "RELEASEES" AND EXPRESSLY ASSUMES THE RISK OF INJURY AND DAMAGES; and will indemnify and hold harmless the "RELEASEES" as to any claims for injury and damage.
As the legal parent or guardian, I release and hold harmless The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC and its owners and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of The Artistic Gymnastics Institute LLC, its owners and operators or in route to or from any of said premises.
By signing this electronic waiver, I acknowledge that I have read, understood and agree to all of the above terms and conditions. February 17, 2020