Thank you for agreeing to work as a seasonal volunteer for Revolutionary Earth Farm (“RE Farm”). This is an annual form in which you agree to release RE Farm from liability and is effective for the calendar year 2020.
The Volunteer desires to work as a volunteer for RE Farm and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer (the “Activities”). The Volunteer understands that the Activities may include, but are not limited to: land preparation, tilling of soil, composting, seeding, weeding, harvesting, washing of produce, construction, educational events and workshops, fundraising, or administrative work.
This Release and Waiver of Liability (“The Release”) is executed on September 28, 2020, by (“The Volunteer”) in favor of Revolutionary Earth, a non-profit habitat restoration and urban farming organization, including all directors, officers, employees, homeowners, and agents (collectively, “RE Farm”).
The Volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this Release under the following terms:
1. RELEASE AND WAIVER: The Volunteer releases and holds harmless RE Farm from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise from volunteer work for the duration of the time that the volunteer commits to working actively with RE Farm. The Volunteer understands that the Release discharges RE Farm from any liability or claim that the Volunteer may have against RE Farm with respect to bodily injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from his/her participation on any of the land used by RE Farm. The Volunteer also fully understands that RE Farm does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage. The Volunteer expressly waives any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of RE Farm.
2. MEDICAL TREATMENT: The Volunteer hereby releases RE Farm from any claim whatsoever which arises or may arise in the future on account of any first aid treatment or other medical services that are conducted in connection with an emergency during his/her time with RE Farm.
3. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: The Volunteer understands that his/her time with RE Farm may include various activities that may be hazardous to him/her, including but not limited to strenuous manual labor, working with hand tools and other gardening equipment, lifting heavy objects, exposure to the elements, and injury from insects and/or animals. The Volunteer expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in these activities and releases RE Farm from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the activities of his/her time with RE Farm.
4. RIGHT TO DECLINE WORK: The Volunteer understands and acknowledges that he/she may decline any volunteer role or position at any time if he/she feels such role or position presents a risk to health or safety or for any other reason. The Volunteer agrees to advise RE Farm of any preexisting conditions that would preclude involvement in any activity.
5. INSURANCE: The Volunteer understands that RE Farm does not carry or maintain health, medical, disability or Workers Compensation insurance coverage for any volunteer.
6. AGE RESTRICTIONS: If The Volunteer is under the age of 14, he/she must be accompanied by an adult supervisor who has signed the Release on his/her behalf. If the Volunteer is aged 17 years old or younger, he/she agrees not to use any power tools or equipment, including, but not limited to: rototillers, lawn mowers, or saws. An adult supervisor accompanying the Volunteer under the age of 14 years old assumes responsibility of compliance.
8. VALIDITY OF RELEASE: The Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Minnesota in the United States of America, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota. The Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.