Thank you for agreeing to work as a seasonal/driver volunteer for Revolutionary Earth Farm (“RE Farm”). This is an annual form in which you agree to release RE Farm from liability and is effective for the calendar year 2019.
The Volunteer desires to work as a volunteer for RE Farm and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer (the “Activities”). The Volunteer understands that the Activities may include, but are not limited to: land preparation, tilling of soil, composting, seeding, weeding, harvesting, washing of produce, construction, educational events and workshops, fundraising, or administrative work.
This Release and Waiver of Liability (“The Release”) is executed on March 29, 2020, by (“The Volunteer”) in favor of Revolutionary Earth, a non-profit habitat restoration and urban farming organization, including all directors, officers, employees, homeowners, and agents (collectively, “RE Farm”).
The Volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this Release under the following terms:
1. RELEASE AND WAIVER: The Volunteer releases and holds harmless RE Farm from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise from volunteer work for the duration of the time that the volunteer commits to working actively with RE Farm. The Volunteer understands that the Release discharges RE Farm from any liability or claim that the Volunteer may have against RE Farm with respect to bodily injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from his/her participation on any of the land used by RE Farm. The Volunteer also fully understands that RE Farm does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage. The Volunteer expressly waives any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of RE Farm.
The Volunteer Driver waives, releases and discharges RE Farm, its trustees, officers and employees from any claims, demands, costs, causes of action, or damage as a result of property loss or damage, or personal injuries sustained to himself/herself and to passengers of a vehicle that the Volunteer Driver operates during participation in the distribution of produce and other RE Farm activities. Furthermore, the Volunteer Driver intends this waiver and release to be legally binding on his/her heirs, executors, administrators, estate and assigns.
The Volunteer Driver states that he or she is an adult over the age of eighteen (18) years, that he or she is mentally competent to make this release, and that he or she is driving a vehicle with the owner’s permission to deliver for RE Farm under his/her own volition. The Volunteer further states that he or she has at least a Class C driver license that is valid in the State of Minnesota, and that he or she is insured for liability in compliance with Minnesota State Law to drive the vehicle. The Volunteer agrees to notify RE Farm in writing if there is a change in the status of his/her driver's license or vehicle liability insurance.
2. MEDICAL TREATMENT: The Volunteer hereby releases RE Farm from any claim whatsoever which arises or may arise in the future on account of any first aid treatment or other medical services that are conducted in connection with an emergency during his/her time with RE Farm.
3. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: The Volunteer understands that his/her time with RE Farm may include various activities that may be hazardous to him/her, including but not limited to strenuous manual labor, working with hand tools and other gardening equipment, lifting heavy objects, exposure to the elements, and injury from insects and/or animals. The Volunteer expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in these activities and releases RE Farm from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the activities of his/her time with RE Farm.
4. RIGHT TO DECLINE WORK: The Volunteer understands and acknowledges that he/she may decline any volunteer role or position at any time if he/she feels such role or position presents a risk to health or safety or for any other reason. The Volunteer agrees to advise RE Farm of any preexisting conditions that would preclude involvement in any activity.
5. INSURANCE: The Volunteer understands that RE Farm does not carry or maintain health, medical, disability or Workers Compensation insurance coverage for any volunteer.
6. AGE RESTRICTIONS: If The Volunteer is under the age of 14, he/she must be accompanied by an adult supervisor who has signed the Release on his/her behalf. If the Volunteer is aged 17 years old or younger, he/she agrees not to use any power tools or equipment, including, but not limited to: rototillers, lawn mowers, or saws. An adult supervisor accompanying the Volunteer under the age of 14 years old assumes responsibility of compliance.
8. VALIDITY OF RELEASE: The Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Minnesota in the United States of America, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota. The Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.