THIS AGREEMENT is entered into by and between Jen Lowe dba HS Pet Sitting and PET OWNER
Pet(s) name / breed(s)______________________________________________________
1) I (Owner) represent that I am the legal owner of the above named pet(s) and I assume all risks, dangers, and responsibility for injuries to the named pet(s). Owner understands and agrees that Owner is solely responsible for any harm while Owner’s pet(s) is/are attending Daycare / Boarding or while being Pet Sit.
2) PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE: We love to post pictures and videos on Facebook, and our website. Owner agrees to allow HS Pet Sitting to use Owner’s pet’s name and any images or likeness of Owner’s pet taken while he/she is at HS Pet Sitting, in any form, for use at any time, in any media, marketing, advertising, illustration, trade or promotional materials without compensation, and Owner releases to HS Pet Sitting all rights that Owner may possess or claim to such image, likeness, recording, etc.
3) PET’S HEALTH for DAYCARE: Owner further understands and agrees that Owner’s pets(s) are healthy and while attending boarding at HS Pet Sitting, have current vaccinations. Owner is not enrolling any Pet that has any condition that could potentially jeopardize the health of other pets or people and has not had any potentially communicable condition within 30 days prior to enrollment. Owner agrees that Owner will not hold HS Pet Sitting responsible for any pet-pet transmitted ailments.
4) DAYCARE FLEA/TICK FREE: All pets must be flea/tick free. Should a pet be observed to have fleas or ticks, a flea/tick bath treatment will be applied and charged to the owner at a rate of up to $80.00 depending on severity and size of pet.
5) DAYCARE GROUP PLAY: All dogs must pass a general behavior assessment in order to attend dog-dog group play. No dog may be admitted to group play who shows any signs of any type of aggression. Owner further understands and agrees that in admitting Owner’s dog(s) to dog-dog group play, Owner is representing to HS Pet Sitting that Owner’s dog(s) is/are in good health and have not harmed, shown aggression, or exhibited any threatening behavior towards any person or other dogs. Any dog demonstrating aggression or other behavior deemed unacceptable by HS Pet Sitting may be required to leave daycare/boarding.
6) RELEASE OF LIABILITY for DAYCARE: Owner understands and agrees that during normal dog play, Owner’s dog may sustain injuries. Dog play is monitored to best avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, and other injuries may occur despite the best supervision. Owner further understands and agrees that neither daycare/boarding will be liable for any illness, injury, death, and/or escape of Owner’s dog(s) provided that reasonable care and precautions are followed, and Owner hereby releases HS Pet Sitting of any liability of any kind whatsoever arising from or as a result of Owner’s dog(s) attending HS Pet Sitting.
7) PERSONAL PROPERTY: Owner understands that Owner is solely responsible for any harm, including to any other pet(s), or to the equipment, facilities, or other property of HS Pet Sitting, caused by Owners dog(s). Owner also agrees that HS Pet Sitting shall not be responsible or liable for any lost or damaged personal property belonging either to Owner or Owner’s pet.
8) FOOD/MEDS: When boarding/pet sitting overnight, Owner agrees that it is the Owner’s responsibility to leave adequate supply of food and medications for Owner’s pet(s) during the entire time Owner’s pet is cared for. Should the food/medication supply need replacement, Owner authorizes HS Pet Sitting to purchase replacement and Owner will reimburse HS Pet Sitting for the actual food and medication costs plus up to $15.00 time/distance trip fee (per occurrence).
9) VETERINARIAN LIABILITY AND CARE: Owner gives permission to HS Pet Sitting to obtain medical treatment for Owner’s pet(s) if he/she appears ill, injured, or exhibits any other behavior that would reasonably suggest that pet(s) may need medical treatment including anesthesia. Owner agrees to be fully responsible for the cost of any such medical treatment and for the cost of any transportation for the purposes of such treatment. Owner gives permission to HS Pet Sitting to use Owner’s vet or nearest 24-hour vet hospital for required treatment.
Yes ______ or No ______ If Yes, maximum dollar amount is $________________.
Pets’ Vet: _______________________________ Phone:______________________________
10) WEAKENED IMMUNE SYSTEM: Owner understands special-needs pets, young pets, and senior pets naturally have a higher risk of injury, stress-related illnesses, weakened immune system, or exacerbation of any pre-existing condition. As such, by using our facility for daycare or boarding the Owner is waiving any claim for injury or illness experienced by Owner’s pet while in our care.
11) RIGHT OF REFUSAL: HS Pet Sitting reserves the right to refuse admittance to any pet or dismiss any pet that does not meet or maintain the health, temperament or other daycare/boarding standards. The determination shall be made at the sole discretion HS Pet Sitting.
12) FULL FORCE AND EFFECT: Owner further understands and expressly agrees that each and every of the foregoing provisions contained in paragraphs 1-12 shall be in force and effect and shall apply to each and every occasion on which Owner’s pet(s) stays with HS Pet Sitting for daycare, extended boarding, or other services, as the case may be. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect as between the parties until and unless otherwise cancelled or superseded by a writing signed by the parties.
Owner hereby certifies that Owner has read and understands this Waiver and Release of Liability and the regulations set forth above. By signing this agreement, Owner agrees to be bound by its terms and conditions.
___________________________ ______________________________ ________________
Owner’s signature Printed name October 21, 2019