- THE RANGE staff reserves the right to deny access to the range for any reason.
- Always keep the muzzle of your firearm pointed downrange.
- Always keep your finger outside the trigger guard until you have your sights aligned on your target.
- All firearms must be unloaded with the action open and visible unless you are shooting that particular firearm. Only one firearm may be loaded in any booth at any point in time.
- Maximum of three persons are permitted in one lane. Only one person may shoot at a time.
- Case and uncase all firearms only in your booth with the muzzle pointed downrange at all times.
- All firearms entering the building must be in a case. Personal firearms may only be holstered in your booth.
- All firearms must arrive and leave the shooting booth in a case or bin. No un-holstered firearms may leave the booth.
- No one is permitted on the range under the influence of drugs, alcohol or any controlled substance.
- Firearms and ammo may be inspected at the check-in counter at staff’s request. Any firearms or ammunition found to be unsafe or unserviceable will not be permitted on the range. All firearms entering the range are subject to approval by THE RANGE staff. Permissible calibers: Rifles up to .30 cal handguns up to 50 AE. Steel cased/cored ammo and tracer/incendiary rounds ARE NOT allowed. Shotguns may only use 00 Buck or slugs.
- Short Barrel Rifles (SBR’s) and Rifle Caliber pistols must be suppressed.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times while in the shooting bays.
- Unauthorized targets are not permitted on the range. Minimum size for targets is 19” x 24”. Shooting at anything other than the target on your lane is prohibited. Targets must be placed at eye level to ensure your shots strike the backstop and not the ceiling.
- Shots MUST NOT STRIKE the target hangers or ceiling.
- Drawing from a holster is permitted only for those certified by the Chief Range Safety Officer of THE RANGE.
- If a misfire or other malfunction occurs, keep the firearm pointed downrange, place firearm on shooting table and notify THE RANGE staff. Do not leave the firing line with a loaded or jammed firearm.
- All long guns must be fired from the shoulder only. The shooter is financially responsible for any and all damage to range equipment or property.
- THE RANGE and its staff shall not be held responsible for any damages incurred from use of ammunition. Guests will resolve any issues with the manufacturer of the product.
- Any hazardous behavior will result in immediate dismissal from the premises. There will be no refunds of any kind for parties expelled from THE RANGE for safety violations.
- Comply with all instructions from THE RANGE staff immediately and without question.
- Report any unsafe conduct to THE RANGE staff immediately.
- Only ammunition purchased from THE RANGE will be permitted for rental firearms.
- A Parent/Guardian Release of Liability must be signed or on file for children under 18 years old. Children must share a lane and remain under the direct supervision of their parent/guardian at ALL TIMES. Children between the ages of 8-12 may only shoot .22 caliber firearms without prior consent of the Range Safety Officer.
- Food, beverages and smoking are prohibited in the shooting bays.
- Always wash hands immediately after shooting. A sink is located in the range check-in area.
I have read the above statements and understand the rules and regulations of THE RANGE - ST. LOUIS WEST. I agree to fully comply with all the above statements and understand that failure to comply may result in suspension of shooting privileges. THE RANGE - ST. LOUIS WEST rules are subject to change.
Hold Harmless Release Agreement
In consideration for using the facilities of THE RANGE - ST. LOUIS WEST, the undersigned guest hereby agrees to waive, release and hold harmless THE RANGE - ST. LOUIS WEST from any and all claims for damages due to death, personal injury or property damages which they may have or which they may accrue as a result of participation in any activity and event including, but not limited to, range usage, training, instruction and organized shooting events.
By signing this Hold Harmless and Release Agreement, the undersigned recognizes that the sport of rifle, pistol and shotgun shooting, or related activities, present certain inherent dangers that cannot be eliminated even by the exercise of reasonable care. As such, the undersigned participant hereby expressly assumes the risk that is inherent to the sport of shooting.
By signing this Hold Harmless and Release Agreement, the undersigned participant assumes the risk inherent to pistol, rifle and shotgun shooting and further acknowledges that he/she understands that all risks, whether known or unknown, are expressly assumed by the undersigned, and all claims are expressly waived in advance.
By signing this Hold Harmless and Release Agreement, pregnant and/or nursing mothers recognize the inherent risks and dangers, whether known or unknown, of participating in the sport of rifle, pistol and shotgun shooting to themselves and their born or unborn children. As such, the undersigned participant hereby expressly assumes those risks and all claims are expressly waived in advance.
By signing this Hold Harmless and Release Agreement, the undersigned participant assumes the responsibility for any damage caused to property of THE RANGE - ST. LOUIS WEST.
By signing this release, I acknowledge to THE RANGE - ST. LOUIS WEST that I have not been convicted of a felony, am not currently subject to a restraining order, nor am I currently under indictment for a felony violation. I have not been institutionalized for any mental disorders, nor has a U.S. Judge ordered such an institutional commitment. I have read, understand and agree to abide by the Range Safety Rules for THE RANGE - ST. LOUIS WEST.
Today's Date: September 20, 2020