VIOLATION OF ANY RULE OR POLICY MAY RESULT IN THE LOSS OF RANGE PRIVILEGES AND ESCORT FROM PREMISES AS DEEMED NECESSARY BY RANGE STAFF.
PLEASE READ AND INITIAL EACH OF THE RULES AND SIGN.
IF YOU ARE INELIGIBLE TO OWN A FIREARM, YOU MAY NOT USE THE RANGE.
IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, PLEASE DO NOT SHOOT. NOISE AND LEAD ARE A HAZARD.
1. All shooters will obey the basic tenets of firearms safety.
- Treat all guns as if they are loaded.
- Never point a gun at anything you do not want to shoot.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on your target and you are ready to shoot.
- Know your target and the backstop beyond.
2. Alcohol, marijuana and drug use are strictly prohibited. Marijuana use is illegal under federal law and makes the user ineligible for firearms possession, purchase, or use.
3. Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times on the range, even when you are not shooting.
4. All rental guns entering or leaving range area must be unloaded with actions open, and a safety flag or barrel plug in the chamber.
5. Personal firearms must be unloaded and in a case, (or concealed with current carry permit). Do not handle any firearm in the lobby.
6. Gun muzzles will be pointed downrange at all times and never higher than the target. Gun must remain in the shooting stall and not at the back wall. Do not transfer guns between shooting stalls; if sharing, people must move, not firearms.
7. Un-aimed and uncontrolled fire is strictly prohibited. This includes intentional or unintentional fire at non-target objects. Any shot striking an overhead baffle will result in a $10 fine. You must report baffle strikes or risk losing range privileges.
8. Handgun calibers and rimfire ammunition only. No center-fire rifle ammunition allowed. If you are unsure, please ask.
9. Only full metal jacket (FMJ), total metal jacket (TMJ), jacketed hollow point (JHP), or jacketed soft point (JSP) allowed. No lead or cast bullets may be fired, with the exception of 22 caliber rim-fire. If using a rental gun, range ammo must be used. If shooting your own gun, only jacketed ammo is allowed.
10. Only one person may fire from the shooting stall at a time. You may share but must take turns.
11. Never cross the firing line. Brass that goes forward of the line is ours, no exceptions. All brass is the property of the range unless you specify that you are collecting your own brass.
12. Please push all brass forward under the bench with squeegee provided, and dispose of all debris.
13. No food or beverages allowed on the range.
14. When using the range entry please close the first door before opening the second. This keeps range noise out of the lobby.
15. Sharp Shooting Indoor Range and Gun Shop has a basic policy that is the cornerstone of our safety guarantee to you and your family. No customer is allowed to handle a firearm, except when they are on the range and at their assigned shooting position.
16. It is the responsibility of all shooters as well as employees to maintain a safe environment. If you see something that needs attention, take action and please tell a Range Safety Officer immediately.
17. Kids under 18 may only shoot 22 rim-fire rifles. Exception: 14-18 years of age may shoot handguns if our Handgun Safety and Marksmanship Class or Women & Guns I has been completed and approval has been given by the instructor. A parent must attend class with the student.
18. Remember to wash your hands and face after shooting. Components of ammunition contain lead.
19. Drawing from a holster is not allowed.
20. YOUR TARGET MUST BE TAPED BELOW THE BLACK LINE ON THE CARDBOARD BACKER!
*RANGE FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE*
I agree that I will assume full responsibility for any and all injuries, losses, or damages which occur to me, and/or my family, while on the premises of SSIR, and to the maximum extent allowed by law I agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless SSIR or any employee from any liability whatsoever for injuries, losses, or damages. I agree that I will indemnify and hold harmless, to the maximum extent allowed by law, from costs (including legal fees), injuries, damages, losses, or liability to third parties for claims asserted against SSIR or any employee arising from my conduct, and/or the conduct of my family or other shooters, while on the premises of SSIR.
Thank you for visiting our range.
Robin and Steve Ball