SafeSide Range - Facility Rules & Regulations
- All Federal, State, and Local firearm laws must be obeyed at all times.
- Posted rules and Commands issued by Range Officers and Range personnel must be obeyed immediately and without question.
- All guns to be used on the range must be unloaded & cased prior to entering or leaving the building.
- Tracer, armor piercing, incendiary, and all other ammunition containing steel (including steel core or steel tip) is prohibited.
- When the command “Cease Fire” is given, stop shooting IMMEDIATELY, place your firearm on the bench in a safe manner, and wait for further instructions from the Range staff.
- Only shoot at your target, cross firing of targets is prohibited.
- RSO’s reserve the right to inspect all firearms and ammunition for safety considerations.
- Cell phone usage, including texting, is prohibited on the firing line.
- No intoxicating substances on the premises, including parking areas. Use of the Range is prohibited for anyone who has consumed such substances.
- Safe gun handling practices will be observed at all times - NRA Standards
- Eye & ear protection must be worn at all times while on the range.
- All guns used on the range must be in safe operating condition and used only with the proper ammunition.
- You can load as many rounds as you would like, and fire them as fast as you want, as long as you do so safely and accurately.
- ANY 2 SHOTS fired that strike any surface besides your paper target (i.e. ceiling, floor, target carrier, track, etc.), in any combination, will result in the Range Officer asking you to leave for the day.
- There is to be NO hand to hand transfers of firearms. If you want to pass a firearm to another shooter, place the weapon on the firing line bench with the slide locked to the rear, and no magazine inserted, and step back. The other shooter may then step forward and pick up the weapon. Firearms should not move from lane to lane.
- The loading or unloading of any firearm or magazines must be done on the firing line bench.
- Drawing from a holster is allowed after successfully completing the Holster Draw Certification class, and at hours set by the Range.
- There is to be NO firing a firearm from the hip. This includes pistol grip shotguns and SBRs.
- Shotgun may be used on the range only with wadded loads exceeding 900fps
- If you have brought more than one firearm, use only one at a time and, when finished, case the unloaded firearm and its ammunition before uncasing the next one.
- Double Tap or Point Shooting practice may only be executed after notification and approval of intent to do so by the Range Officer.
- Pregnant or nursing mothers are not allowed on the range at any time.
- Range personnel will immediately remove from the premises any person who is observed handling a firearm in an unsafe, careless and/or inappropriate manner without refund of range fee(s).
- No parties prohibited from purchasing, transferring, or owning firearms and/or ammunition may use the Range facilities, including those that have felony convictions, have committed crimes of domestic violence, and/or are subject to a protective or restraining order.
- Members are required to have current Waivers, Range Rules, and Safety Video sign-offs on file, and to complete them at least once per year, or when requested to do so by Range staff
- Our range facility may capture audio and video of your experience via surveillance systems and other devices. This document serves as a release to publish any photography, video, or audio captured while you are in our facilities.
- Memberships are for a minimum 12-month term and may be paid for annually or monthly. There is a cancellation fee equal to 3 months at your membership level.
- Non US Citizens must hold a valid Hunting License in order to rent firearms on the range. Please show this to the Range Desk staff if you are going to be using rentals
- Non US Citizens are prohibited from renting NFA items (Silencers, Short-Barrelled Rifles, Machine Guns)
- Damage to the range will result in fees being assess by the participant. You agree to pay the following fees, and authorize us to charge you accordingly, should you inflict damage to the facility or equipment.
- Baffle Strikes - $10
- Rifle rest bags - $25
- Damage to Target Carrier - $50 + repair/replacement cost
- Breakage of carrier line - $75
- Damage to Medical kits - $75
- Damage to Spotting scope - $100 + replacement cost
- There is a $2 fee for all customers completing a waiver for the first time.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE, & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”)
WARNING: THIS AGREEMENT WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. READ IT CAREFULLY!
I Agree I hereby acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to enter on to and to engage in or to observe shooting and other activities at the range operated by SafeSide Range & Training, LLC DBA SafeSide Tactical Range & Training located at 1201 Shenandoah Ave NW, Roanoke, VA, Lynchburg Range & Training, LLC DBA SafeSide Lynchburg located at 2309 Mayflower Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501 (the “RANGE”) . I further acknowledge and understand that “shooting and other activities” includes any and all activities of any kind whatsoever in which I engage or observe while at the RANGE including the rental of firearms for on-premises use.
Certification of Eligibility
I Agree1. I CERTIFY THAT I AM NOT A ‘PROHIBITED POSSESSOR’ UNDER STATE OR FEDERAL LAW.
A. I have not been convicted of a felony offense or found guilty or adjudicated delinquent as a juvenile 14 years of age or older at the time of the offense of a delinquent act which would have been a felony if committed by an adult. Exceptions apply for those whose rights have been restored.
B. I am not subject to a court order restraining me from harassing, stalking, or threatening my child or an intimate partner, or a child of such partner nor am I subject to a protective order.
C. I have not been acquitted by reason of insanity and prohibited from purchasing, possessing or transporting a firearm pursuant to §18.2-308.1:1 or any substantially similar law of any other jurisdiction, been adjudicated legally incompetent, mentally incapacitated or adjudicated an incapacitated person and prohibited from purchasing a firearm pursuant to § 18.2-308.1:2 or any substantially similar law of any other jurisdiction, or been involuntarily admitted to an inpatient facility or involuntarily ordered to outpatient mental health treatment and prohibited from purchasing a firearm pursuant to § 18.2-308.1:3 or any substantially similar law of any other jurisdiction. Exceptions apply for those whose rights have been restored.
Acknowledgement of Inherently Hazardous Activities, Assumption of Risk, and Agreement to Indemnify
I Agree 1. I ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT SHOOTING ACTIVITIES ARE INHERENTLY HAZARDOUS
and involve both known and unanticipated risks which could result in damage or destruction of property and physical or emotional injury, including paralysis or death, of myself or of other persons. The risks include, but are not limited to: being shot by or shooting myself or others; partial or total loss of eyesight or hearing; inhalation or other harmful contact with lead or other contaminants; and being struck by flying or falling objects. I understand that such risks cannot be eliminated without compromising the essential qualities of shooting activities. I further attest to the following:
A. I ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND the risks laid out herein.
B. I ACKNOWLEDGE that I fully appreciate the nature and extent of the risk.
C. I ACKNOWLEDGE that I am voluntarily incurring the risk.
I Agree2. AS LAWFUL CONSIDERATION FOR BEING PERMITTED TO ENTER ON TO THE RANGE, TO USE OR RENT RANGE FACILITIES OR EQUIPMENT, AND TO ENGAGE IN OR OBSERVE SHOOTING AND OTHER ACTIVITIES AT THE RANGE, AS A MEMBER OR AS A GUEST, I EXPRESSLY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH ENTRY, USE, OR OTHER ACTIVITIES.
I Agree3. I AGREE that I, my next of kin, heirs, guardians, representatives and assigns HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE AND AGREE NOT TO SUE THE RANGE (I understand that “RANGE” includes any and all officers, directors, attorneys, agents, employees, contractors, volunteers, guests and affiliated individuals or organizations of the RANGE including SafeSide Tactical, LLC, SafeSide Retail, LLC, SafeSide Manufacturing, LLC, Legacy Development Group, LLC, & Fishing Creek Investments, LLC) from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, expenses, causes of action, attachments of property, or liability of any kind whatsoever, that I, my next of kin, heirs, guardians, representatives or assigns may have for property damage, personal injury or death resulting from me entering on to the RANGE, using RANGE facilities or equipment, or engaging in or observing shooting and other activities at the RANGE, even if such claims, demands, damages, expenses, causes of action, attachments of property, or liability result partially or wholly from any act or acts, even any negligent act or omission to act, including negligent or omitted first-aid or rescue operations or procedures, by the RANGE.
I Agree4. I AGREE that I, my next of kin, heirs, guardians, representatives and assigns HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the RANGE from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, expenses, causes of action, attachments of property, or liability of any kind whatsoever, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs that I, my next of kin, heirs, guardians, representatives or assigns, my Guests, or anyone else, may have for property damage, personal injury or death, whether suffered by me, by my Guests, or by anyone else, resulting from me or my Guests entering on to the RANGE, using RANGE facilities or equipment, or engaging in or observing shooting and other activities at the RANGE, even if such claims, demands, damages, expenses, causes of action, attachments of property, or liability result partially or wholly from any act or acts, even any negligent act or omission to act, including negligent or omitted first-aid or rescue operations or procedures, by the RANGE.
Agreement to Abide by Range Rules
I Agree 1. I AGREE to abide by all RANGE Rules and to obey the instructions of RANGE Safety Officers.
This Agreement shall be interpreted and enforced under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the venue for any action or proceeding shall be the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Interpretive Intent and Severability
This Agreement is intended to be interpreted as broadly and inclusively as permitted by law, and if any provision or portion is held to be invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining provisions or portion shall continue and remain in full legal force and effect.
Continuing Force and Effect
This Agreement, and any signed written amendments or modifications to it, shall remain in full force and effect from the date of execution and ever after and shall be applicable to each and every occasion that I enter on to the RANGE, use RANGE facilities or equipment, or engage in or observe shooting and other activities at the RANGE.
Validity of Electronically Stored Documents
All parties acknowledge that an electronically stored copy of this executed agreement shall be considered an original for all purposes and is intended to have the same effect as the physical copy first signed by the parties.
I have carefully read this “Assumption of Risk, Release, & Indemnity Agreement” and fully know its contents. I acknowledge that no other inducement, assurance or guarantee has been made to me in consideration of my signing this Agreement, which I sign voluntarily and of my own free will. I further acknowledge and agree that this Agreement may be amended or modified only by a written agreement and signed by me and by an authorized agent of the RANGE.
I UNDERSTAND THAT BY MY SIGNATURE I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, THAT I UNDERSTAND SHOOTING ACTIVITIES ARE INHERENTLY HAZARDOUS, THAT I FULLY APPRECIATE THE NATURE AND EXTENT OF THE RISKS, THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY INCURRING THE RISKS, THAT I AM AGREEING TO INDEMNIFY THE RANGE FOR ALL OF MY ACTIONS AND THEIR DIRECT AND INDIRECT CONSEQUENCES, THAT I AM AGREEING NOT TO SUE THE RANGE, AND AM RELEASING AND HOLDING HARMLESS THE RANGE OF ALL LIABILITY.