I understand that established safe practices for skin and scuba diving include but are not limited to the following:
- I should never skin or scuba dive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs and I must be in good physical and mental health.
- I should never dive alone or with a person I have not thoroughly discussed the dive plan with and each of us has reviewed one another's diving equipment and emergency procedures before the dive. I also know that teams of three or more divers are not recommended.
- I should always dive with a buoyancy control device that has a power inflation system, a depth gauge, submersible pressure gauge and a timing device.
- I should adjust weights to maintain neutral buoyancy with no air in my buoyancy control device at the surface of the water and position weights to keep the quick-release buckle centered and accessible at all times.
- I should never dive in conditions I do not feel comfortable with or exceed my physical ability.
- I should surface with my pre-planned minimum gas in my air/gas tank and never stay underwater until my air/gas supply is exhausted.
- I should make all dives “no decompression” dives, unless properly trained and certified as a tec diver doing decompression diving. I should be proficient with the use of a dive table and/or a dive computer, and properly pre-plan each dive with exposure, decompression and gas strategies.
- I understand that upon anchoring at each dive site the boat skipper or the dive master will describe the location, pointing out its features and special points of concern, such as areas of rapid depth change (drop-offs), possible current, etc. I know I should be aware of the known features of the dive site, and if they are not clear to me, I will ask for more information. I am responsible for having my questions answered prior to entering the water.
- I am responsible for knowing all fish and game regulations relating to any fish or game that I do take.
- I understand that the boat skipper will make the final selection of dive locations based upon weather and water conditions and I will abide by their selection.
- I understand that photos or video may be taken of me while on the boat and displayed on social media for promotional use.
REBREATHER DIVERS ONLY:
I hereby affirm that I have been trained and I am certified to operate the specific rebreather equipment that I am using today on the Big Blue dive boat with Big Blue Dive Boat LLC, Red Alert Diving, Blue Gravity LLC. I will operate the equipment according to manufacturer specifications and training agency standards.
I acknowledge that I understand the importance and purpose of these established practices and my responsibility to adhere to them.
I agree to release Big Blue, Big Blue Dive Boat LLC, Red Alert Diving, Blue Gravity LLC, their employees and agents, the owner(s) of Big Blue, Big Blue Dive Boat LLC, Red Alert Diving, Blue Gravity LLC, and its employees' and agents, the dive master(s) and anyone I dive with from any and all responsibility or liability for any and all injuries or damages to persons or property. I agree NOT to make a claim against or sue any of the above parties for injuries or damages whether it arises or results from any NEGLIGENCE or other liability, whether passive or active, including the use of diving equipment and tanks (loaned and/or rented from Big Blue) and air/gas fills.
I am fully aware that snorkeling or diving with compressed air/gas involves certain risks and that injuries or death can occur. Such risks include, but may not be limited to, decompression sickness, slipping and falling while on board, being cut or struck by a boat while in the water, injuries occurring while getting on or off a boat, and other perils of the sea. Despite the nature and risks associated with snorkeling or diving with compressed air/gas, I wish to proceed and I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ACCEPT AND EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL RISKS, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, that may arise from my participation in this activity. I have no physical, medical, or mental restrictions that would limit or prohibit my ability to engage in this activity.
I further agree that if I am involved in an underwater accident that the skipper or dive master may require that I be evacuated to a hyperbaric chamber and that I am responsible for all associated expenses.
I understand that dives on this trip may be conducted at locations remotely located by time and/or distance from such a hyperbaric chamber and nonetheless agree to proceed with this dive trip.
(If minor, parent or legal guardian has read this agreement, understands it, and agrees to be bound to it for themselves and minor child).
CORONAVIRUS ADVISORY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
The Coronavirus (COVD-19) pandemic is a worldwide risk to human health. COVOD-19 is highly contagious and has mortality rate many times greater than the flue. COVID-19 can spread easily and exponentially. Persons with compromised immune systems and older persons may be at particular risk. By signing this waiver, you represent:
A. You understand that participating in skin and scuba diving may be dangerous or unsafe and could expose you or others to COVID-19 and that you are conducting the activity voluntarily.
B. You represent that:
(1) To the best of your knowledge, you are not currently afflicted with, and have not knowingly, within the last 14 days, been in contact with someone afflicted with, COVID-19;
(2) You are not experiencing a fever, or signs of respiratory illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or other COVID-19 symptoms and;
(3) You understand that persons may be afflicted with COVID-19 and: (i) not exhibit symptoms; (ii) not be aware that they are afflicted or (iii) may not voluntarily agree to disclose their condition.
C. You will inform Big Blue Dive Boat LLC, Red Alert Diving, Blue Gravity LLC, if after the date this document is signed, there is a change in your health condition or knowledge that potentially puts others at risk or invalidates the representations made in this document.
AGREEMENT, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND WAIVER: By signing below, you are declaring the foregoing is true, that you agree to take all recommended and reasonable actions to protect yourself and others from exposure to COVID-19, and that YOU KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ACCEPT AND EXPRESSLY ASSUME THE RISK, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, of participating in skin and scuba diving aboard the Big Blue dive boat. You understand and agree that no one, including but not limited to Big Blue Dive Boat LLC, Red Alert Diving, Blue Gravity LLC can guarantee that you will not be exposed to or contract COVID-19. By signing below, you further HEREBY RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the Big Blue dive boat or Big Blue Dive Boat LLC, Red Alert Diving, Blue Gravity LLC, or their owners, employees or agents for injuries, including death, or damages that may arise due to your exposure or contraction of COVID-19.
By signing below, you acknowledge you have read, understand, voluntarily agree to the foregoing, and have received a copy of this waiver and assumption of risk agreement.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL THE PROVISIONS OF THIS LEGALLY BINDING RELEASE AND AM FREELY, KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ENTERING INTO THIS RELEASE.
Date: June 8, 2023