FIRING RANGE WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND ASSUMPTON OF RISK
THE UNDERSIGNED, IN CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO USE C4 SHOOTING & TRAINING CENTER, BY AND THROUGH SUCH USE WAIVES CERTAIN RIGHTS AND HEREBY RELEASES C4 SHOOTING & TRAINING CENTER AND ALL ENTITIES THAT ARE OWNED BY OR OPERATED BY ANY ENTITIES THAT OWN C4 SHOOTING & TRAINING CENTER.(C4), AS OPERATOR, FROM LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE ISSUES. FOR THE YEAR 2021, I HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I [Initial before each number]:
1. Fully understand and appreciate the dangers, hazards, and risks inherent in a firing range, including the inherent risks associated with the use and misuse of firearms.
2. Acknowledge and understand that I will be voluntarily engaging in activities that involve the discharging of firearms which may result in the risk of serious injury, scarring, loss of an important bodily function, permanent disability, or death, and may cause severe social or economic losses due to not only my own actions, inaction or negligence, but also to the action, inaction or negligence of others or conditions of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, I acknowledge that there may be other risks not known to me or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3. Assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability, or death. I hereby sell, assign and grant to C4 all right, title and interest to and permission to copyright, use, publish and republish my name, voice, picture and likeness (collectively, “Likeness”) in any and all media or distribution now known or hereafter developed taken or recorded during my visit or visits at C4 including but not limited to electronic, digital or conventional, blurred, altered or distorted, in color or black and white, video or otherwise for art, trade, internal distribution or any other lawful purpose in any lawful manner anywhere in the world and/or on the worldwide web. I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve any final product using my Likeness. I hereby release and discharge C4 from any and all actions, claims and demands of any nature which I may have at any time now or in the future arising out of or related to the rights granted above or my Likeness.
4. Release from, waive and discharge all actions, claims, or demands that I, my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives now have or hereafter have for damage or losses on account of injury – including permanent disability and death or damage to property – caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other acts of C4 Shooting & Training Center, and its shareholders, directors, officers, employees or agents, as a result of my participation in any gun-related activities. I hereby agree and covenant to save and hold harmless, indemnify, and defend any claim C4 Shooting & Training Center, and its members, shareholders, directors, officers, employees or agents, as a result of my participation in any gun-related activities. I hereby agree and covenant to save and hold harmless, indemnify, and defend any claim against C4 Shooting & Training Center, and its members, shareholders, directors, officers, employees or agents, arising out of my use of the firing range.
5. Agree to comply with all Ohio state laws regarding the use and possession of firearms.
6. I agree to follow all range rules including:
- No shooting at wildlife.
- No shooting cross-range.
- NO UNAPPROVED TARGET
- NO SHOOTING AT THE GROUND
- Shooters may not consume alcoholic beverages or drugs (including prescription and over-the-counter medications) that will affect his or her ability to participate with a maximum state of awareness and in a completely safe manner, before or during live fire activities. The Range Officer will deny range access to anyone that is or appears to be in violation.
- FIRING OF ARMOR-PIERCING OR TRACER AMMUNITION IS PROHIBITED. Armor piercing ammunition means a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a firearm and which is constructed entirely, excluding the presence of traces of other substances, of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, or beryllium copper.
- No bullet impacts off the range, into buildings, signs, storage containers, sheds, or any other structure or range feature.
- No repeated misses of the target board, or bullet strikes that ricochet causing a danger of bullets leaving the range.
- No disruptive activities, such as loud music or children that are not supervised properly on the firing line.
- No loaded firearms are allowed on the property other than on the Firing Line under Hot Range conditions. Exceptions to this are for employees, members and customers who are properly licensed Concealed Carry individuals, and Law Enforcement personnel.
- When shooting trap, I will only load one shot gun shell at a time.
- Open toe shoes and low-cut blouses are prohibited at the range.
- If I am given permission to visit the club during the hours it is closed, I agree to assume all risks.
7. I represent to C4, that I am capable of operating a firearm in a safe manner. I agree that I am solely responsible for my actions while I am on the premises of C4. I agree to hold harmless any individual associated with C4 who provides any guidance, help, advice, or other forms of aid.
8. [Parents of minors only] Agree (if a Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of minor participants (age 17 and below)) to instruct the minor participant to the above warnings and conditions and their ramifications, and consent to the minor’s participation. A child engaging in practice in using a firearm for target shooting at an established range or in an area where the discharge of a firearm is not prohibited or supervised by:
(A) a qualified firearms instructor; or
(B) an adult who is supervising the child while the child is at the range.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT I GIVE UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND I DO SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY AND NOT UNDER ANY DURESS OR COERCION. I AGREE TO PARTICIPATE KNOWING AND FULLY APPRECIATING THE RISKS AND CONDITIONS INVOLVED, AND ELECT TO DO SO ENTIRELY OF MY OWN FREE WILL. I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIVING A COPY OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE FIRING RANGE AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THEM AT ALL TIMES.
Today's Date: May 21, 2022