1. ACCEPTANCE OF OFFER: I accept your offer for enrollment in Team Alpental Snoqualmie also known as TAS Ski Team; this includes all camps, dryland, events, gathering, and training. As a member of TAS, I agree to comply with the terms of this Memorandum of Understanding/Waiver and Release form and the Conditions for Enrollment, a copy of which has been shared with me.
1. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I understand and acknowledge that my participation in the TAS program is wholly voluntary. I further understand and acknowledge that I have voluntarily chosen this particular program (identified below), and I am aware that other options exist for ski teams. I am fully aware that there are risks and hazards connected with participation in the TAS program for which I am accepting this offer of enrollment. These risks include, but are not limited to: those associated with ground, air or water transportation, adverse weather conditions, communicable diseases (including but not limited to Coronavirus/COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2), medical care, substandard building construction or maintenance, and negligent or criminal acts of third parties. I understand that the TAS program will take measures to mitigate these risks but cannot eliminate them. I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in this program, and voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me (my son, daughter) as a result of participating in the TAS program.
2. RELEASE FROM LIABILITY: I do hereby agree that TAS, its officers, employees, agents and representatives shall not be liable for any claims, demands or causes of action based upon or arising out of any illness or injury, including death, property loss or damage, deviation, delay or curtailment, however caused, which I (my son, daughter) may suffer in connection with my enrollment in the TAS program.
3. INDEMNIFICATION: I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless TAS, its officers, employees, agents and representatives, from any and all claims, demands or causes of action and all expenses incidental thereto (including reasonable attorney’s fees), based upon or arising out of any personal injury (including death) or property damage or loss caused by or resulting from my (my son’s, daughter’s) acts or missions during enrollment in the TAS program.
4. MEDICAL TREATMENT: I understand that TAS cannot be held responsible for my health, safety, or well-being during participation in the TAS program. I further understand that on rare occasions an emergency may develop which necessitates the administration of medical care, hospitalization or surgery. Therefore, in the event of injury or illness to myself (my son, daughter) necessitating emergency medical care, I hereby authorize TAS, and its staff and coaches, by and through its authorized representative(s) or agent(s), to authorize and secure any necessary treatment, including hospital admission and the administration of an anesthesia and surgery. It is understood that such treatment shall be solely at my expense and I agree to reimburse TAS for any expenses which it might suffer on account of said injury or illness or treatment thereof. I understand that TAS is not responsible for the quality or accessibility of medical services and facilities.
Appropriate treatment may not be as readily available as in the Seattle area. I voluntarily assume any and all risks associated with medical treatment while a participant in the program. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to make any arrangements necessary for continuation of medical treatments, such as prescription medications or special diet.
5. PROGRAM CANCELLATION AND WITHDRAWAL: I understand that TAS reserves the right to decline any application or to cancel any program without notice. TAS reserves the right to require withdrawal from the program of any participant whose continuation would be detrimental to her/him/themself, to others, or to the camp. Return passage and any other expenses due to such involuntary withdrawal are the responsibility of the athlete. I understand that if I voluntarily leave the program for any reason, including illness, I will be responsible for any and all costs associated with my return home and that I will not receive a refund of tuition or fees.
6. CHANGES TO ITINERARY: I understand that circumstances may require TAS to make changes to the program itinerary, possibly without advanced notice, and I agree that TAS shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to me by reason of any such cancellation or change. I understand that TAS is not responsible for penalties assessed by air carriers that may result due to operation and/or itinerary changes. Any additional expense resulting from a change to the program itinerary will be paid by me. TAS reserves the right to substitute hotels or accommodations or housing of a similar category at any time. I understand that TAS assumes no responsibility or liability for any cost or inconvenience associated with delays or changes to departure or arrival times, fare changes, problems with hotel, airline or vehicle rental reservations, missed carrier connections, or similar problems related to travel.
7. LEGAL PROBLEMS: I understand and acknowledge that should I experience any sort of legal problems with any foreign or nationals or with any government while participating in the TAS program, I will attend to the matter myself and with my own personal funds. While TAS will endeavor to provide reasonable assistance under such circumstances, TAS is not responsible or obligated to do so.
8. GOVERNING LAW: I agree that this Memorandum of Understanding/Waiver and Release shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington and that King County, Washington, shall be the forums for any disputes or lawsuits filed under or incident to this document and/or the TAS program. The terms and provisions of this Memorandum of Understanding/Waiver and Release shall be severable, such that if a court of competent jurisdiction holds any term to be illegal, unenforceable, or in conflict with any relevant law, the validity of the remaining portions shall not be affected thereby.
With the intent to be legally bound, I acknowledge and represent that I have read this Memorandum of Understanding/Waiver and Release, that I understand, and that I voluntarily sign below in order to evidence my agreement with the terms set forth herein, with full knowledge of the educational benefits and possible risks associated with my participation in the TAS program. I further acknowledge that by signing this document, I give TAS permission to share this and other application information with external institutions that work closely in the administration in the TAS program.