1a. All payments are to be processed via credit card by the 1st of each month and no less than 24 hours before your lesson. You will be charged for the number of lessons scheduled that month. Some months will have 4 lessons and some will have 5 lessons depending on the month. We will prorate payment only on months that Cal Heights Music is closed (for Holidays or breaks) on your scheduled lesson day. Our calendar of scheduled holiday closures is below. You must have a valid credit card saved on file with Cal Heights Music at all times. You may adjust or change your card on file at anytime but a valid replacement card must be put on file. Payment is due on the first and we recommend auto bill pay to avoid lesson cancellation of lessons and a late fee of $20.. If payment is not received 24 hours before your scheduled lesson your lesson will be subject to cancellation. If payment is not received on time a late fee may be applied to your account. Tuition is never prorated for missed lessons. Tuition does not include any retail teaching materials such as books or instruments.
1b. New Students Only: For new students payment must be received within 48 hours before your first “one off” lesson to hold your lesson space. After your “one off” lesson, payment automatically goes to our policy mentioned above in section 1a. If starting lessons mid month as a new student we will prorate the first month of lessons.
1c. Homeschool Charter Only: For students using Homeschool Charter funds for lessons and classes, all certificates and service orders must be received by Cal Heights Music prior to start date of lessons/classes. If student wishes to start prior than a credit card must be put on file and a temporary hold for funds placed until order is received.
CANCELLATIONS AND MAKEUPS
2a. Students must put into writing via email to email@example.com any planned missed lessons (ie. vacations, scheduling issues, upcoming planned missed lessons etc). No verbal cancellations told to any teacher or staff will be honored.
2b. Cancellations for same day (sickness etc) must be made by 9am of the morning of the planned lesson for online lessons via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or phone (562.528.3118). Or at least 1 hour before in-person lessons if cancelling due to sickness, lesson can be converted to an online lesson if student would like. If lesson is scheduled before noon, cancellation must be received by 8pm the night before the lesson. Any no shows or lessons cancelled after the cancellation times will be forfeited.
2c. Extended absences, if you are going to be gone more than 1 week and missing more than 1 lesson, you must still pay your full month tuition to avoid losing your weekly lesson time and teacher. The school can not “hold” a space for an unpaid student. You will be given time to make-up the “missed” lessons upon your return.
2d. For any lessons where your regular teacher will not be available Cal Heights Music will attempt to provide a substitute teacher. If a substitute teacher is unavailable, a private makeup lesson at a different day and time will be scheduled promptly.
2e. Makeup Lessons- When a lesson is cancelled and meets the above criteria, Cal Heights Music will first attempt to reschedule the lesson for another day and time with your instructor. If the same instructor is unavailable we will provide a substitute. These makeups will take place within 60 days from the cancelled lesson. Any makeup lessons not scheduled within 60 days from the cancelled lessons may be forfeited. It is your responsibility to contact us to schedule your makeup lesson/s.
2f. Group Lessons- Group lessons are by the month. One excused absence may be made-up in another group make-up class or similar lesson. The makeup may be online or in person depending on the availability of Cal Heights Music. Students can only makeup a total of 1 missed group lesson every three months. A group class is defined as 3 or more students in a lesson. If only 1 student shows up to a scheduled 30min group lesson we will teach a 15minute private lesson for that student.
3. To discontinue lessons you must send an email to email@example.com with your intent to stop lessons. This must be received 30 days before the last lesson. We do not prorate tuition for the last month’s lessons. Students ending lessons mid-month will be responsible for their full last month of paid tuition whether or not they attend lessons.
4. Cal Heights Music operates year round and does not close for the summer. We are happy to offer makeups for our students please see our make up policy. If you are taking a month off for vacation and want to resume the following month, your payment is still due at your regular monthly renewal time in order to reserve your lesson space when you return. The lessons for the month you miss can be made up after vacation. You may also have a friend or other family member attend during your time to hold your space. There is no way to “hold” a lesson time if you discontinue lessons over the summer and an additional registration fee will be charged upon re-enrollment.
5. All students are required to pay a yearly registration fee. This fee is paid once a year upon enrollment and then yearly on Jan 1. It is $30 for 1 student and $20 for a second family member student, max is $50 for a family regardless of number of students.
CARE OF STUDENTS
6a. Cal Heights Music is not responsible for providing before or after care for students. Parents with children under the age of eight must remain in the school lobby during the classes/lessons. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time periods before or after their lessons. Siblings not in a lesson must be watched and closely supervised.
6b. Families may wait in their child’s lesson classroom or in the lobby area inside the front of Cal Heights Music only. No other room may be used. No students, siblings or family members are permitted in any classroom without a teacher or staff member present. Please enjoy your snacks and food outside or in your car. Beverages only are welcome inside the school.
OPEN DOOR POLICY
7. Parents are ALWAYS allowed to sit in on lessons. All our classrooms have windows in the doors as well for easy viewing.
8. Parents, legal guardians or minors, students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for injury sustained on school property resulting from normal lesson activity or any other activity conducted by the students or their siblings or friends before, during, or after lesson time, including hearing loss or hearing damage. We require hearing protection for students in the drum room. Please practice responsible hearing protection at all time. We have ear plugs for sale ($2 a pair) at the front desk. Cal Heights Music is not responsible for any damage done to vehicles in our parking lot or items stolen from vehicles.
9. Children must wait for their parents to pick them up inside the school. Please do not ask them to meet you elsewhere. Cal Heights Music assumes no responsibility for children who leave unaccompanied.
10. By partaking in activities at Cal Heights Music, we may from time to time take photos or video to be used for social media or marketing. We will never disclose a students name or personal information. There is no compensation for these images or videos.
HOLIDAYS AND CLOSURES
11. Cal Heights Music will be closed the following holidays and breaks, any lessons scheduled during these times will not be billed and your months tuition will be prorated that month.
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Break
- Winter Break
12. Cal Heights Music offers multiple opportunities each year for student’s to perform at a recital. We will hold a recital at the end of Fall, Winter and Spring semesters. There will be no formal recital during Summer semester.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY
13. Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy as to Students: CAL HEIGHTS MUSIC does not discriminate students of any race, color, gender, orientation, national and ethnic origin to the rights, privileges and activities made available to students.
14. All students may attend lessons and classes online or in person. To attend in person all students must fill out our COVID-19 Policy which goes over the guidelines set forth by the City of Long Beach for safety in regards to COVD-19.
14a. Today's Date: May 18, 2021