1a. All payments are to be processed via credit card on the 1st of each month or 24 hours before your 1st lesson of the month (whichever is first). We require auto bill pay, for all our recurring private lesson students, in order to reserve your lesson day and time each week and month to month.
You will be charged in full for the total number of lessons scheduled that month. Some months will have 4 lessons and some will have 3 or 5 lessons depending on the month. We will prorate payment only on months that Cal Heights Music is closed (for Holidays or breaks) on your scheduled lesson day. Our calendar of scheduled holiday closures is below.
Payment not received 24 hours before your scheduled lesson will result in lesson a cancellation and a late fee of $25. Tuition is never prorated for missed lessons. Tuition does not include any retail teaching materials such as books or instruments.
1b. New Students Only: For new students payment must be received within 48 hours before your first lesson to hold your lesson space. After your first lesson, payment automatically goes to our policy mentioned above in section 1a. If starting lessons mid month as a new student we will prorate the first month of lessons.
1c. Homeschool Charter Only: For students using Homeschool Charter funds for lessons and classes, all certificates and service orders must be received by Cal Heights Music prior to start date of lessons/classes. If a student wishes to start prior, we will charge for lessons taken and then refund student once PO is received.
CANCELLATIONS AND MAKEUPS
2a. Students must put into writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance any planned missed lessons (ie. vacations, scheduling issues, upcoming planned missed lessons etc)
2b. Cancellations for same day (sickness etc) must be made by 9am of the morning of the planned lesson via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or phone (562.528.3118). If a lesson is scheduled before noon, cancellation must be received by 8pm the night before the lesson. Any no shows or lessons cancelled after the above cancellation times will be forfeited with the exception of emergencies. We can also convert lessons to online lessons if you are not able to make a lesson last minute for any reason.
2c. Extended absences, if you are going to be gone more than 1 week and missing more than 1 lesson, you must still pay your full month tuition to avoid losing your weekly lesson time and teacher. The school can not “hold” a space for an unpaid student. You must let us know of this absence ahead of time. You will be given time to make-up the “missed” lessons upon your return.
2d. For any lessons where your regular teacher is not be available (sick days, etc) Cal Heights Music will attempt to provide a substitute teacher. If a substitute teacher is unavailable, a private makeup lesson at a different day and time will be scheduled promptly.
2e. Makeup Lessons- When a lesson is cancelled by a student and meets the above criteria, Cal Heights Music will first attempt to reschedule the lesson for another day and time with your same instructor. If the same instructor is unavailable we will provide a substitute. You may use make up lessons to try out other instruments or classes if we have the availability. You may also transfer make up lessons to a sibling or other family member. It is your responsibility to contact us to schedule your makeup lesson/s and make up lessons are subject to school availability. Please note only ONE cancellation/reschedule may be made per month, unless in the event of an emergency
2f. Group Lessons- Group lessons are by the session. One excused absence may be made-up in another group make-up class or similar lesson depending on Cal Heights Music availability. Students can only makeup a total of 1 excused group lesson each session. A group class is defined as 3 or more students in a lesson. If only 1 student shows up to a scheduled 30min group lesson we will convert the lesson to a 15minute private lesson for that student or give the student other options.
2g. If a student must quarantine due to exposure to Covid19, but is otherwise healthy, lessons will be converted to online lessons for the duration of the student's quarantine time.
2h. There will not be make up lessons issued for missed or cancelled make up lessons. Meaning there are no make up lessons for make up lessons. A make up lesson can not be changed or rescheduled once booked.
3. To discontinue lessons please send an email to email@example.com with your intent to stop lessons. We do not prorate tuition for the last month’s lessons. Students ending lessons mid-month will be responsible for their full last month of paid tuition whether or not they attend lessons.
4. Cal Heights Music operates year round and does not close for the summer. We are happy to offer makeups for our students please see our make up policy. If you are taking a month off for vacation and want to resume the following month, your payment is still due at your regular monthly renewal time in order to reserve your lesson space when you return. The lessons for the month you miss can be made up after vacation. You may also have a friend or other family member attend during your time to hold your space. There is no way to “hold” a lesson time if you discontinue lessons over the summer and another registration fee will be charged upon re-enrollment if lessons are discontinued.
5. Our registration fee for initial sign ups is $30 for 1 student and $20 for a second family member student, max is $50 for a family.
6. Our annual administration fee is $20 per student and is billed on September 1st.
CARE OF STUDENTS
6a. Cal Heights Music is not responsible for providing before or after care for students. Parents with children under the age of eight must remain in the school lobby during the classes/lessons. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time periods before or after their lessons. Siblings not in a lesson must be watched and closely supervised.
6b. Families may wait in their child’s lesson classroom or in the lobby area inside the front of Cal Heights Music only. No other room may be used. No students, siblings or family members are permitted in any classroom without a teacher or staff member present. Please enjoy your snacks and food outside or in your car. Beverages only are welcome inside the school.
OPEN DOOR POLICY
7. Parents are ALWAYS allowed to sit in on lessons. All our classrooms have windows in the doors as well for easy viewing.
8. Parents, legal guardians or minors, students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for injury sustained on school property resulting from normal lesson activity or any other activity conducted by the students or their siblings or friends before, during, or after lesson time, including hearing loss or hearing damage. We require hearing protection for students in the drum room. Please practice responsible hearing protection at all time. We have ear plugs for sale ($2 a pair) at the front desk. Cal Heights Music is not responsible for any damage done to vehicles in our parking lot or items stolen from vehicles.
9. Children must wait for their parents to pick them up inside the school. Please do not ask them to meet you elsewhere. Cal Heights Music assumes no responsibility for children who leave unaccompanied.
10. By partaking in activities at Cal Heights Music, we may from time to time take photos or video to be used for social media or marketing. We will never disclose a students name or personal information. There is no compensation for these images or videos.
HOLIDAYS AND CLOSURES
11. Cal Heights Music will be closed the following holidays and breaks, any lessons scheduled during these times will not be billed and your months tuition will be prorated that month.
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Break
- Winter Break
12. Cal Heights Music offers multiple opportunities each year for student’s to perform at a recital. Recitals are open to all currently enrolled Cal Heights Music students.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY
13. Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy as to Students: CAL HEIGHTS MUSIC does not discriminate students of any race, color, gender, orientation, national and ethnic origin to the rights, privileges and activities made available to students.
14. All students may attend lessons and classes online or in person. All students taking lessons in person need to fill out our Covid-19 waiver. Policies will be updated as changes are made to the state's guildines.
14a. Today's Date: March 24, 2023