Please read, understand and sign the following:
DHA is listed in the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act) as a color additive for use in imparting color to the human body. However, its use in cosmetics – including sunless “tanning” products – is restricted to external application. According to CFR, “externally applied” cosmetics are those ‘applied only to external parts of the body and not to the lips or any body surface covered by mucous membrane” (21 CFR 70.3v).
- DHA reacts with the skin’s amino acids resulting in a “tan” similar looking to that of the sun. The darker you can tan naturally, the darker you can tan with a spray tan. Like most cosmetics, avoid exposure to the eyes, lips, and other parts of body covered with a mucous membrane. This should be accomplished by follow the staff’s breathing instructions as to avoid inhaling or ingesting the sunless product and by applying a barrier cream.
- Your spray tan should last 7-10 days depending on your skin type and how well you prepare/take care of your sunless tan. It’s very important to keep your skin moisturized after your spray tan, avoiding long baths or showers and hot tubs.
- Be advised there may be a small percentage of individuals whose skin does not react favorably to spray tanning. Some medications such as birth control pills, hormone replacement medications, or antibiotics may alter your tan. Please consult with your technician if you have any questions.
- All ingredients in the product used in this procedure are all intended for cosmetic use, and generally regarded as safe. There are, however, occasions where individuals may be allergic to one or more ingredients in the spray tan solution. If this occurs, shower, exfoliate and discontinue use. If severe reaction, contact a physician. You may ask to see the ingredients prior to application
- Be advised we do NOT advise being sprayed for photographic sessions, modeling assignments, weddings, etc. UNLESS you have had a trial spray tan prior.
- Although most of the time this is not the case, be advised there may be a small percentage of individuals whose spray tan will transfer onto their clothing. SKBC is NOT responsible for spray tan transferring onto your clothing.
I have read the contents of this consent form carefully and state that I am not aware of any medical condition, allergies, or other reason that would prohibit me from sunless tanning. I have been given adequate instructions for the proper use of the sunless application, understand the risks involved, and use it at my own risk. I hereby agree to release the owners, operators and manufacturers from any damages that I might incur due to the use of this facility. I have been advised to discontinue use if any reaction occurs.
I have read and completely understand this consent form.
Today's Date: October 27, 2021