Phone: (845) 444-5233
I, the undersigned Renter, swear or affirm, under penalties of perjury:
1. I am not legally prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition by any provision of the laws of the United States of America, the State of New York, the State of my residence (if other than New York), the country of my residence (if other than the United States of America), or any other laws, statutes, rules, regulations or code provisions whatsoever.
2. I will only use the rented firearm(s) in a safe and lawful manner at all times while I am on the premises of Hudson Valley Shooting Sports LLC, and I will peaceably surrender any rented firearm at the request of Hudson Valley Shooting Sports LLC.
3. I am neither suicidal nor homicidal; I will not use the rented firearm(s) to cause injuries to myself or others; and I have not had any thoughts of causing harm or death to myself or others within the past thirty (30) days.
4. I recognize that Hudson Valley Shooting Sports LLC would never rent me any firearm(s) if it had any reason to suspect that these oaths or affirmations are untruthful in any way, and if I violate any of these oaths or affirmations, I accept full and sole responsibility for my actions, and I agree to allow Hudson Valley Shooting Sports LLC to publish this document in any form whatsoever to demonstrate my deceit, dishonesty and/ or misrepresentations.
5. I have completely read and agree to all the provisions of the Agreement, Release, Indemnification, Covenant Not To Sue, and Waiver of Liability executed simultaneously herewith, and I understand that in the event I cause harm to myself or others with the above-referenced firearm(s), neither I nor my heirs, executors or administrators will have any ability to sue or otherwise recover money from Hudson Valley Shooting Sports LLC, for damages, ECCEPT, Hudson Valley Shooting Sports LLC, will have the ability to sue me or my estate for any and all damages I cause by my actions.
6. I affirm all of the firearms that I am using at HVSS are New York Safe Act compliant.
AGREEMENT, RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
(READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING)
The undersigned agrees to abide by all of the range rules and safety rules of Hudson Valley Shooting Sports and the undersigned represents that he or she understands all of these rules and was given the opportunity to ask for clarification of any of the rules before signing this Agreement. The undersigned understands that Hudson Valley Shooting Sports LLC reserves the right to eject from the premises any individual who violates any of the rules of Hudson Valley Shooting Sports LLC or otherwise acts in any unsafe manner as determined by Hudson Valley Shooting Sports LLC. The undersigned agrees to peaceably leave the premises of Hudson Valley Shooting Sports LLC if so ejected, after paying for all services and merchandise.
The undersigned further swears, warrants and represents, under penalty of perjury, that all information provided is true and correct. The undersigned understands that any possession of a firearm by a convicted felon is a serious crime prohibited by Federal law and New York law, and that Hudson Valley Shooting Sports LLC will cooperate fully with any and all Federal and State authorities with the investigation and prosecution of such crimes.
In consideration of the acceptance of my participation, directly or as a spectator or observer, in any activity, class, competition, firing range rental, firearm rental, or other use of the facilities of Hudson Valley Shooting Sports LLC (hereinafter, collectively, “Activity”), THE UNDERSIGNED AGREES TO ASSUME THE RISKS incidental to such participation and, on my own behalf and on behalf of my heirs, executors and/or assigns, I RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE the Released Parties defined below from all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any nature arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in any such Activity. The Released Parties are Hudson Valley Shooting Sports LLC, its parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, insurers, successors, heirs and assigns of each. The undersigned expressly understands that the Release, Indemnification, Covenant Not to Sue, and Waiver of Liability provisions of this Agreement clearly and unequivocally include and apply to any claims based on the alleged negligence (whether active or passive), ownership of any dangerous instrumentality, action or inaction of or by any of the above Released Parties, including, but not limited to, claims for bodily injury, death and property damage or loss suffered by me as a result of such participation in any Activity. Additionally, the undersigned further agrees to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any nature arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in any Activity which results in the personal injury or death of anyone whatsoever, or loss or damage to the property of anyone whatsoever (including the loss of use thereof). Further, I, the undersigned, agree, on my own behalf and on behalf of my heirs, executors and assign , to pay Hudson Valley Shooting Sports LLC for any damage to the Released Parties arising in any way out of any Activity and caused by me in any way, negligently or intentionally, including, but not limited to, property damage, personal injury damages, cleaning costs, loss of use damages, business interruption damages, damage to goodwill or reputation, medical costs, counseling costs, and attorney’s fees.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, and any legal action arising out of my participation in any Activity, or any litigation relating to the enforcement of this Agreement shall be commenced exclusively in either the Supreme Court, County of Putnam, New York, as appropriate.
In entering into this Agreement, I hereby grant the Released Parties a limited power of attorney and authorization to obtain, at my cost, any and all emergency medical treatment which may be needed by me as a result of participation in any Activity. For the purposes of this Agreement, emergency medical treatment means medical care or treatment necessitated by a sudden, unexpected situation or occurrence resulting in a serious medical condition demanding immediate medical attention. However, I release, indemnify, hold harmless, covenant not to sue, and forever discharge the Released Parties of and from all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any nature arising out of or in any way connected with the exercise or the failure to exercise such limited power of attorney and authorization, whether negligent or otherwise.
I expressly agree that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law, and that if any provision of this Agreement is held illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be impaired thereby, and such invalid part, term or provision shall not be deemed part of this Agreement. I further agree that any ambiguities in this Agreement shall not be construed in favor or against any party by virtue of that party having drafted the Agreement. No remedy conferred by any of the specific provisions of this Agreement is intended to be exclusive of any other remedy, and each and every remedy shall be cumulative and shall be in addition to every other remedy now or hereafter existing at law or in equity or by statute or otherwise. The election of any one or more remedy hereunder shall not constitute any waiver of the right to pursue other available remedies.
I certify that I am eighteen (18) years of age or older and that I am entering into this Agreement on my own behalf. I expressly understand that the aforementioned activity includes the discharge of firearms and the firing of live ammunition. I further certify that I have completely read the foregoing and I expressly agree to all of the provisions of this Agreement.
By signing this waiver, it shall be in effect for one year from date of signing. My continued participation shall reaffirm the terms and conditions of this waiver.
- No one is allowed on the range under the influence of alcohol or any other controlled substance.
- No loaded firearms are to enter or exit the building. All magazines and speed loaders must be unloaded. Loaded firearms at the firing line only. No firearms are permitted in the store area without being in a locked container.
- Firearms may be inspected at the check-in counter at the request of HVSS staff. Any firearms or ammunition found to be unsafe or unserviceable will not be allowed onto the range.
- All handguns, rifles, and shotguns are subject to approval.
- Two shooters are allowed per lane. No spectators allowed in the shooting bay. All persons entering the range will be charged accordingly.
- Eye protection must be worn at ALL TIMES on the range
- Unauthorized targets are not permitted on the range. Minimum size for targets is 24”x21”. Shooting at anything other than your own target is strictly prohibited.
- No head shots for inexperienced shooters. Shots must be a minimum of 15” below the target hangers.
- The muzzle of all firearms must be kept pointed downrange AT ALL TIMES. If leaving the range temporarily, leave all firearms on the firing line unloaded with the action open and the muzzle pointing downrange. The following gun handling rules must be obeyed at ALL TIMES.
- Always keep your gun pointed down range.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire.
- Always keep the action open and firearm unloaded until ready to shoot.
- Identify your target and what is behind the target.
- Be sure the gun is safe to operate.
- Know how to use the gun safely.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your specific gun.
- Unload, open the action, remove magazine, and bench all firearms during a cease fire.
- All firearms must arrive and leave the range in a case. No uncased firearms may leave the shooting booth area.
- If a misfire or other malfunction occurs, keep the firearm pointed downrange and signal the range staff. Place the firearm on the bench pointed downrange, and obtain assistance. DO NOT leave the firing line with a loaded or jammed firearm.
- All ammunition is subject to inspection and approval. Allowable calibers up to 3600 fps. Shotguns are to fire SLUGS ONLY. NO STEEL CORE, NO TRACERS, NO STEEL SHOT, NO ARMOR PIERCING.
- HVSS and its staff shall not be held liable for any damages incurred from use of ammunition. Customers will resolve any issues with the manufacturer of the product.
- No fast or rapid firing allowed. Allow at least 3 seconds between shots, Any hazardous behavior WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL FROM THE PREMISIS.
- Comply with all instructions from the range staff
- Report any unsafe conduct to the range staff immediately.
- Any brass being removed from the range must be marked. Please notify the cashier during check-in.
- Any violation of range safety rules will result in IMMEDIATE REPRIMAND and possible DISMISSAL from the range.
- Only ammunition purchased at HVSS will be allowed for rental firearms.
- THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OF ANY KIND FOR PARTIES EXPELLED FROM THE RANGE FOR SAFTEY VIOLATIONS.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE RANGE SAFTEY RULES AND UNDERSTAND THE RANGE SAFTEY RULES OF THE HVSS RANGE. I WILL FULLY COMPLY WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE RANGE SAFTEY RULES. HVSS’S RANGE SAFTEY RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Today's Date: January 16, 2021