All information is collected by Ivonne Sanchez Beauty pursuant to O. Reg. 136/18: PERSONAL SERVICE SETTINGS and The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA “).
The words “I”, “you” and “your" are used interchangeably throughout this agreement and in all cases refer to you the client who is receiving the nail service.
“Service" includes any of the processes performed on you by a practitioner or technician, namely those listed on the price sheet on display at reception or as listed on the services section of our website at https://www.ivonnesanchez.com/services-fees.
“Practitioner”, “technician”, “instructor” and “we” means 10981508 CANADA INC. dba “Ivonne Sanchez Beauty”, its owners, staff, or contractors.
Nail Services (e.g. Manicures, Pedicures, Nail Art, Acrylic, Gel, Dip, Shellac, Nail Design) Informed Consent
Includes a variety of treatments of a person’s fingernails/hands. These procedures entail use of instruments such as files, cuticle sticks, nail clippers/nippers, or scissors. Procedures included are applying nail polish, gel nails, acrylic nails, shellac nails; removing of gel polish; paraffin treatments, soaking; nail filing, buffing, and shaping; pushing back, softening, or cutting cuticles; hand scrub/massage; applying lotion; using pumice stick to remove calluses (see Pedicure).
Infection risk: Nail Services can lead to infection through open wounds from a variety of procedures, such as cutting of the skin/cuticles and scrubbing of the skin. This may allow the entry of pathogenic microorganisms to the open site. The potential sources of these microorganisms are:
- Use of contaminated and/or improperly reprocessed equipment.
- Contaminated environment.
- Client’s own bacteria on the skin.
- Unclean hands touching the treatment area.
- Manicure can lead to bacterial, fungal, or viral infections.
I understand that there may be a certain amount of discomfort or pain associated with the procedure and that other adverse side effects may include minor and temporary bleeding, bruising, redness or other discolouration and swelling. For nail services, fading, chipping or loss of material from the service area may occur depending on several factors including your skin, lifestyle and adherence to the care practices as advised by our practitioners and aftercare instructions set out under the "Resources" section of our website.
I acknowledge that by signing below that I have been given the full opportunity to ask any and all questions which I might have about obtaining any aesthetic procedure from Ivonne Sanchez Beauty or any staff or contractor. I also acknowledge that all of my questions have been answered to my full and complete satisfaction (or will have been fully answered before proceeding with any service). I specifically acknowledge that I have been advised of the fact and matters set out below, and I agree as follows:
- I acknowledge that it is not reasonably possible to determine whether I might have an allergic reaction to any of the products that may be used in our services including but not limited to wax, pigments, dyes, topical preparations, acrylic, gel, powders, adhesives, cleaning solutions, or processes used in the procedure; and I agree to accept the risk that such a reaction is possible. I have and will remind the practitioner of any existing sensitivities now and in the future, especially if there have been any changes to sensitives or reactions. I acknowledge that any product containing chemicals or preservatives poses a risk of irritation.
- I acknowledge that complications are possible as a result of the service, particularly where precare, aftercare, or best practices are not followed.
- I understand that Ivonne Sanchez Beauty and its practitioners are not obligated to provide service to me if my health is compromised or the areas of service are not ideal for performing the same. This includes open, broken or bruised skin or tissue e.g. nail cuticles or nail beds, bleeding, other signs of infection.
- I understand that it is up to me to plan my aesthetic service according to events in my own personal schedule and that Ivonne Sanchez Beauty cannot be expected to perform removals, modifcations or corrections in unrealistic timelines e.g. last minute service due to meetings, professional obligations etc.
- I understand that where I am receiving service for the first time from a "new" technician that it is my responsiblity to communicate and work with that technican to achieve the desired outcome. I further understand that building an ongoing service relationship with my technician leads to higher success rates and overall service satisfaction.
- I understand that timing is criticaly important and that Ivonne Sanchez Beauty will do everything possible to also uphold my appointment times but that Ivonne Sanchez Beauty will not be held responsible for any delays in start or finish times, however we will work together with you to always resolve any practical concerns.
- I have received and read a copy of the aftercare Instructions or will read them on the website (where applicable).
- I understand that if I am receiving services at a discounted rate e.g. as a model in the beauty training program, that the service times and work product will not be the same as a regular service and that I am willing to work with the business or the trainee to support their learning.
I have read and understand the contents of this consent form.
Cancellation and Booking Policy
All new clients must make their first booking online by creating an online account, completing their contact information and securely entering their credit card information which is stored in encrypted and in masked format.
All bookings are recorded in our online booking system. This system will send an e-mail confirmation to you of your scheduled appointment at the time that the scheduling is made. The booking system will also send a follow-up reminder e-mail 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Unfortunately, we do not have a telephone reminder service.
Any client that has registered incorrect information or has unsubscribed from e-mail or telephone reminders is fully responsible for any missed or late appointment.
A $100 + tax deposit may be required in order to make a booking for select services (namely those over 2 hours or approximately $200 in value). This will be applied to your scheduled service subject to the cancellation policy.
All cancellations and appointment rescheduling requests must be made at least 24 hours prior to the start of your scheduled appointment time, otherwise subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the service.
The following events will result in the loss of the $100 + tax booking deposit:
- Cancellations without a minimum of 24 hours notice; or
- Cancellations with 24 hours notice but where a new booking is not made
I understand that repeat or excessive reschedulings may result in a request for 100% deposit for future services and that after 3 successive rescheduling for the same or similar service may result in loss of service.
I agree that should I be asked to provide such deposits that I will not circumvent the request by creating new or duplicate client accounts.
I acknowledge that being on time is my responsiblity alone and that arriving 10 minutes late or more may result in the cancellation of my appointments and forfeiting any deposit and or having my credit card on file charged.
I acknoweldge that IVONNE reward points for bookings will only be awarded if I place my booking online through book.ivonnesanchez.com and that rewards for prebooking are only eligible for bookings made while I am at the salon.
I understand and agree to the above cancellation and scheduling policy.
Customer Satisfaction and Feedback.
If I am unhappy with the results or service, I will not immediately take to the internet to air my grievances of Ivonne Sanchez Beauty (its staff, contractors or owners) in any online forum including but not limited to: Google Reviews, Facebook Reviews, BBB, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. I will instead contact Ivonne privately in order to allow her to work with me to find a solution. I understand that my review should be a summary of the complete experience including resolution, that review platforms are not for negotiating service issues.
I understand that the rate for some nail services is approximately $1/minute or up to $20 per nail and that I will confirm the price with my aesthetician before proceeding or before continuing beyond the alloted service times.
I understand that all service sales are final and all opened products sales are also final. No refunds will be issued under any circumstances and I agree not to request or pursue a chargeback from my bank or credit card company. Instead, I will contact Ivonne privately and arrange for a mutually acceptable resolution.
I understand that rude or aggresive behavior will not be tolerated and that the use of profanity is not appropriate for our environment.
Today's Date: July 3, 2020