Welcome to WeShoot!
Safety is our main concern; that’s why we have implemented this set of rules for every participant and visitor to understand, enforce, and obey.
If you have any questions, please ask any of our Team Members (range staff), and we will gladly assist you.
PLEASE READ THIS FORM COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY.
1. All Federal, State, and Local firearm laws must be obeyed.
2. WeShoot reserves the right to inspect any firearm or ammunition.
3. Do not enter the range if under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances.
4. All Firearms must be unloaded and cased in and out of range.
Exception: Law enforcement personnel, please advise a staff member if you will be using a holstered firearm.
5. Firearms may only be uncased at the firing line. All firearms not on the firing line must be cased.
6. Please limit the number of uncased firearms at a maximum of 2 (two).
7. Firearms must always be pointed downrange (safe direction).
8. Enforce the four basic safety rules at all times:
a) Always point the firearm in a safe direction (down range, at the target).
This means, NEVER point a firearm at anything you are not willing to shoot, destroy or kill.
b) Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
c) Always keep firearms unloaded until ready to be used.
d) At all times, treat ALL firearm as if they ARE LOADED.
9. Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times when on the range. WeShoot strongly suggests wearing double ear protection (earplugs and earmuffs), especially for young shooters and those with sensitive hearing. Make sure that the ear protection you are using allows you and anyone accompanying you to hear the Range Safety Officer (RSO) Instructions.
10. Tracers, armor-piercing, aluminum Case, and steel core ammunition are prohibited.
11. Shotgun users: Birdshot and incendiary ammunition are not allowed to be fired. Please use Buckshot and slugs only!
12. Rifles up to and including .300 magnums may be fired. Centerfire rifles at 25 yards only. Please inform staff if firing larger than .223 caliber.
13. Rapid fire and “double-tapping” require range officer approval.
14. Holstering PROHIBITED without range master approval and previous certification/qualification. If you are Law Enforcement, please advise and get approval from the RSO before holstering.
15. Cross firing of targets is prohibited.
16. No participant or visitor may remove the Shooting Rest Table. No participant or visitor may cross or go forward of the firing line, no exceptions!
17. Inform Range Officer if personal items have fallen in front of the firing line and require retrieval.
18. Commands issued by RANGE OFFICERS & RANGE PERSONNEL must be obeyed immediately and without question.
19. When the command CEASE FIRE is given:
a. Stop shooting IMMEDIATELY.
b. Unload your firearm, clear the chamber, and place it on the table pointed down-range.
c. Step out of the booth/shooter’s area.
d. Wait for further instructions from RANGE OFFICER.
20. Use only paper targets or approved targets by the Range Safety Officer.
21. Firing a shot that results in damage to the target system, backstop, or range equipment will result in a REPAIR FINE AND/OR REMOVAL FROM RANGE.
22. Photo & video recording may be taking place at any time. WeShoot cannot control the private and/or public display of these photos and videos.
23. Do not turn around with a firearm for a selfie or a picture. Keep the firearm pointing downrange at all times.
24. Food, beverages, and smoking (vaping included) are prohibited in range.
25. No open toe shoes or sandals are allowed in the Range Area. For your safety, shooters may not wear tank tops, low cut shirts, sleeveless shirts; and it is recommended that shooters do not wear high heels at the Range.
26. WeShoot strongly advises against shooting or entering the shooting range area if you are or might be pregnant or nursing.
27. All brass, once fired, is considered "lost brass". Shooters may only collect their personal fired brass as long as they do not cross the firing line and do not disrupt other shooters or participants around them, or create a safety hazard. Please push all unwanted brass forward of the firing line.
28. Shooters under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian at all times. No one under the age of 10 is permitted at the range. Children under the age of 12 are restricted to use only .22 caliber. Minors are NOT permitted to have their own lane. Parent or Guardian MUST stay within an arm-length of a minor at all times. Minors are not allowed to be loitering in the range. Please refrain minors from handling high recoil calibers or any firearm that is above their handling and gripping capabilities.
29. If you intend to do bodily harm to yourself or others, you are not permitted on the range or premises at any time or any activity.
30. Animals are not permitted in the Range, no exceptions. Service Animals are welcome in the STORE section only.
31. All firearms, accessories, and ammunition intended to be used at the range or training exercise must be NJ compliant, this includes magazines, which should not excedee the 10 round capacity.
32. ALL customers, participants and guests using the range must successfully complete and view the Range Safety Briefing Video. If there any questions regarding the Range Safety Briefing Video, please address them to one of our Team Members (staff).
NO OUTSIDE INSTRUCTORS OR TRAINERS ARE PERMITTED TO USE THE RANGE OR ANY OF ITS FACILITIES TO TRAIN OR CERTIFY STUDENTS OR VISITORS AT WESHOOT WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT FROM WESHOOT AND FULLY SATISFYING THE MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS SET BY WESHOOT.
FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF THESE REQUIREMENTS PLEASE SEE MANAGEMENT.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES MAY PROHIBIT YOUR PARTICIPATION OR GET YOU EXPELLED FROM THE PREMISES
ALLWAYS BE CORTEOUS AND AWARE OF OTHER SHOOTERS AROUND YOU IN THE RANGE
June 18, 2021
RANGE WAIVER, RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
The terms and conditions of this Waiver, Release, Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement (the “Agreement”) apply to all shooting ranges owned and operated by Parabellum Sporting Goods LLC, DBA WeShoot (hereinafter the “Owner”)
In consideration of the permission granted by Owner allowing me to use the facilities, including the shooting ranges and allowing me to participate in the activities, shooting classes, shooting events and certification courses offered by the Owner at 1955 Swarthmore Avenue, Units 4 & 5, Lakewood, New Jersey (hereinafter referred to as the “Premises”) or any other locations where Owner may offer activities (all of which are hereinafter referred to as the “Facilities”), I, herein referred to as “Participant” together with my parent or guardian, if I am under the age of eighteen or under a legal disability, represent, covenant and agree, on behalf of myself and my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, and any other person claiming by, under or through me, as follows:
1. I have read the Owner’s Range Rules and I understand these Range Rules may be amended from time to time and that I am responsible for reviewing the posted Range Rules when I use the Facilities. I verify that before using the Facilities, I either have watched or will watch the Owner’s safety presentation. I agree to obey and comply with the Range Rules, general policies and rules of operation and administration of Owner.
2. I am familiar with and understand the operation of each firearm (rifle, handgun, or long gun) which I will use at the Facilities. For purposes hereof, the term “operation” shall include, but not be limited to, the safe handling, loading and unloading procedures and safety mechanisms and features of each firearm.
3. I have been advised by Owner that it is best practice to use newly manufactured commercial ammunition at all times at the Facilities. I accept full and complete responsibility for the inherent risks resulting from my and anyone else’s use of reloads or handloads, including, but not limited to, all responsibility for personal injuries to myself and anyone else. I also agree that I will thoroughly check to be certain that I am using the correct ammunition at all times.
4. Prior to engaging in, participating in or observing any activities at the Facilities, I will inspect the Facilities, firearms and ammunition to be used and if I believe or observe anything to be unsafe for any reason, I will notify any employee of the Owner of same and leave the unsafe portion of the Facilities.
5. I fully understand and acknowledge that I and all others engaged in any shooting, coaching, observing, or training will be engaged in activities that involve inherent dangers, including, but not limited to, the risk of death, substantial bodily harm, injuries, illness and property damage, severe social and economic losses or other harm could occur to me or others which may result from my actions or inactions or the actions or inactions of others. These risks included, but are not limited to:
a. The failure of myself or others to abide by firearms safety rules and regulations or to properly use firearms or ammunition;
b. The characteristics, including the design, construction and maintenance of the Facilities, including, but not limited to, multiple firing point ranges;
c. The characteristics, including the design, manufacturing or other defects, of any firearm or ammunition being used by myself or others at the Facilities; and
d. The inability of Owner’s employees and other personnel to, at all times, monitor or supervise members, their guests, hourly fee users and others using the Facilities.
6. I recognize that I may be expelled from the Facilities for the violation of the Range Rules or for any other behavior or conduct which Owner or any of its employees or personnel deem unsafe or dangerous and that any such decisions are final.
7. I accept full responsibility for any damage I may cause at the Facilities, whether accidental, negligent, willful or otherwise. Owner’s property includes, but shall not be limited to, the Facilities, the range equipment, target frames, target supports or mechanisms, firearms, signs, and all equipment, electrical and otherwise. Owner reserves the right to recover from me a reasonable charge for any such damage and shall be entitled to recover any costs or expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred in bringing any claims for such damage.
8. I understand and acknowledge that it is my responsibility to fully appreciate these risks and any others that may exist. I agree that I am voluntarily using the Facilities. I knowingly and voluntarily assume and accept all risks, including, but not limited to, the risk of death, substantial bodily harm, injuries, physical damaged or injuries caused by ricochet, lead exposure, illness and property damage or any form of damage that may occur in connection with the use of the Facilities. “Damages” include, but are not limited to, the incurring of physical and emotional injury of any kind, loss of physical function, ability or capacity, medical expenses, lost wages or income, loss of consortium and any other compensatory damage.
9. I certify that (i) I am physically and mentally capable of owning, handling and possessing a firearm; (ii) I am not under the influence of any illicit drugs or alcohol nor have I taken any medication, within 24 hours, that may impede my ability to engage in, perform or observe any activities in the Facilities; (iii) I am not currently and have never been the subject of a criminal or any other proceeding that prevents me from legally owning, handling or possessing firearms under any state or federal laws; (iv) I am lawfully permitted to own, handle and possess a firearm; and (v) any information I have given to Owner is true and correct in all respects.
10. On behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, I knowingly and voluntarily waive any and all claims against Owner, its affiliates, subsidiaries, members, shareholders, employees, officers, instructors, assistants, guests, agents, insurers, family members, representatives, successors, or assigns (hereinafter referred to as, the “Released Parties”) for any and all injuries, damages, losses, illness or claims, whether known or unknown, which arise during or result from my use of the Facilities, regardless of whether or not caused in whole or part by the fault of any of the Released Parties. To the extent that statue or case law does not prohibit releases for negligence, this release is also for negligence on the part of the Released Parties. I release and forever discharge the Released Parties from all such claims. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS MEANS THAT I AGREE NOT TO SUE ANY OR ALL OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FOR ANY INJURY RESULTING TO MYSELF IN ANY SAID ACTIVITIES AND/OR EVENT(S).
11. On behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, I agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Released Parties harmless from all losses, liabilities, damages, illness, cost or expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees and other litigation costs and expenses) incurred by any of the Released Parties as a result of any claims or suits that I (or anyone claiming by, under or through me) may bring against any of the Released Parties to recover any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, or expenses which arise during or result from my participation in the activities in the Facilities, regardless of whether or not cause in whole or part by the fault of any of the Released Parties.
12. I understand and agree that to the extent that statute or case law does not prohibit releases for negligence, this release is also for negligence on the part of Released Parties.
13. I agree that this RANGE WAIVER, RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey and that any dispute shall be resolved in the federal or state courts located in New Jersey.
14. In the event I bring a minor to the Facilities, the annexed Guardian’s Waive, Release, Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement has been signed by the minor’s legal guardian and I confirm that the minor is over the age of 10.
15. I acknowledge that WESHOOT , its employees and afiliates DO NOT GIVE AND ARE NOT PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE OR GUIDANCE, DO NOT set or establish standards of care. Do NOT establish, recommend, or endorse any use of force procedures, general orders, or tactics, and every person is responsible to consult with their personal, local, law enforcement agency, or governmental legal advisor for any legal advice, guidance, training, or direction.
16. I acknowledge that I have carefully read this “RANGE WAIVER, RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT” and fully understand that it is a release of any and all liability of the Released Parties. I expressly agree to release and discharge the Released Parties from any and all claims or causes of action and I agree to voluntarily give up or waive any right that I may otherwise have to bring a legal action against the Released Parties for wrongful death, personal injury, illness, property damage and other causes of action known or unknown. I understand that I am giving up and waiving rights that I may otherwise have to bring a legal action against the Released Parties, and I do so voluntarily.
17. If any portion of this RANGE WAIVER, RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT shall be deemed by a Court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, then the remainder of this release from liability shall remain in full force and effect and the offending provision or provisions severed herefrom.
18. By signing this RANGE WAIVER, RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT, I acknowledge that I understand its content and that this RANGE WAIVER, RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT cannot be modified orally.
19.-COVID AND OTHER POTENTIAL DISEASES: The health and safety of our members, customers, guests, and employees is our top priority. We have implemented several measures designed to protect customers, guests, and employees from potential exposure to the COVID-19 virus ("Coronavirus"), by minimizing contacts, promoting social distancing when possible, making free masks available for our customers, students, and staff, and increasing sanitation throughout the range.
Please note that WESHOOT cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to Coronavirus or any other virus, bacteria, or disease during your visit. The CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from Coronavirus. Guests should evaluate their own risk in determining whether to attend. People who show no symptoms can spread Coronavirus or other potential viruses if they are infected, any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to Coronavirus or other potential infections or diseases. By coming to the range, store, and/or classroom, you acknowledge and agree that you assume these inherent risks associated with attendance.
I hereby acknowledge that I am an adult over the age of 18 and that I fully understand this “RANGE WAIVER, RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT” and I execute it voluntarily and that by signing this “RANGE WAIVER, RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT” I am knowingly giving up certain legal rights.
THE RANGE RULES AND THE RANGE WAIVER, RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT HAVE NO EXPIRATION DATE, AND THEY CAN BE USED AND APPLIED FOR ALL SUBSEQUENT VISITS FROM THE SAME PARTICIPANT(S). WESHOOT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUEST PARTICIPANT TO AGREE AND SIGN THIS FORM AGAIN AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO SIGN, AGREE TO OR ACCEPT THIS FORM IN ITS ENTIRETY, YOU ARE DIRECTED TO REFRAIN FROM ENTERING THE SHOOTING RANGE AREA OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITY, CLASS, TRAINING OR EXERCISE BEING PERFORMED BY WESHOOT OR ANY OF ITS INSTRUCTORS OR AFFILIATES.
Today's Date: June 18, 2021