IN CONSIDERATION of being given the opportunity toparticipate in any USRowing activity, including scheduled,supervised club activities, and registered regattas, during the policy term 12/31/19- 12/31/20, for myself, my persona lrepresentatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin.
1. I ACKNOWLEDGE, agree and represent that I understand thenature of Rowing Activities, both on water and land based, and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity.
2. I FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a.) ROWING ACTIVITIESINVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS of serious bodily injury,including permanent disability, paralysis and death ("Risks"); (b.)these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions, orinactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in theActivity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or thenegligence of the Release named below; (c.) there may be otherrisks and social and economic losses either not known to me or notreadily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT ANDASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITYFOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of myparticipation in the Activity.
3. I AGREE AND WARRANT that I will examine and inspecteach Activity in which I take part as a member of USRowing and that, if I observe any condition which I consider to be unacceptably hazardous or dangerous, I will notify the proper authority in charge of the Activity and will refuse to take part in the Activity until thecondition has been corrected to my satisfaction.
4. I HEREBY RELEASE, discharge, and covenant not to sue USRowing, the Club, the Regatta, their administrators, directors,agents, officers, volunteers and employees, other participating regatta organizers, any sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable,owners and lessors of premises, on which the Activity takes place,(each considered one of the Releasees herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasee or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and I further agree that if, despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement, I, or anyone on mybehalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS each of theReleasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability,damage, or cost which any may incur as a result of such claim, tor the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. I agree to be familiar with, comply with, and be bound by the Rules and Regulations of USRowing(www.usrowing.org), the World Anti-Doping Code(www.usada.org), and the codes, rules, policies and procedures of the U.S.Center of SafeSport(the "SafeSport Rules,"www.SafeSport.org), including with respect to the exclusive authority and jurisdiction of the U.S. Center for SafeSport to investigate and resolve reported sexual misconduct and the discretionary authority to investigate and resolve reports of other misconduct. I further agree that arbitration pursuant to the binding arbitration provisions of the SafeSport Rules shall be the exclusive method to resolve any dispute over any disciplinary action taken by USRowing as a result of a USCSS investigation(the "Arbitration Procedure").
PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE OR ALTER THE WORDING ONTHIS WAIVER WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL FROMUSROWING
I have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understandthat I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion ofthis agreement is held to be invalid, the balance, notwithstanding,shall continue in full force and effect.
I Agree January 23, 2021