This agreement dated the day: March 29, 2020 between THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE, LLC, an Illinois Limited Liability Company and (“Private Party Renter”) for the rental of THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE located at 2349 W. North Ave, Chicago, Illinois (“Party Space”). By executing this Agreement, all Private Party Renters and their guests assent and agree to comply with all of the following policies and procedures of THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE, as set forth herein. The policies, procedures and this agreement may be amended from time to time at THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE’s sole discretion and with no notice to Private Party Renter.
1. Deposit and Overtime: Any rental of space from THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE for a private party must be secured with a nonrefundable security deposit of half of total party pricing. Only upon payment of this non-refundable security deposit shall THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE securely hold the requested space for the private party rental. The non-refundable security deposit will be applied to the total rental balance. The balance amount due and owing must be paid in full at the end of the scheduled party time.
a. If the party goes over the scheduled party time by more than 15 minutes, the Private Party Renter agrees to pay $60.00 per half-hour or $100 per hour. This amount shall not be pro-rated.
b. The Private Party Renter and all guests must completely vacate the premises within the 15 minute grace period from the end of the contracted party time to avoid automatically incurring the fees outlined above.
2. Decoration: Clients are free to hang decorations on any approved walls, but must make sure all tape is removed. Helium balloons must be tied down either to a balloon weight or chairs. We do not allow confetti or piñatas.
3. Gratuity: Recommended gratuity for excellent service is 20%.
4. Damage & Cleaning: Any excessive damage done to the THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE premises or to the Party Space or other THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE property shall be billed to Private Party Renter for either replacement or repair.
a. In the occurrence of an additional mess – as determined by the THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE management or staff – created or done by the Private Party Renter or any of its party guests (children and adults included) resulting in extra cleaning of the Party Space, THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE premises or other THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE property shall result in Private Party Renter to be charged an additional $250.00 nonrefundable cleaning fee.
b. Any additional damage to THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE premises, the Party Space or other THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE contents or property created or done by the Private Party Renter or any of its party guests (children and adults included) shall be charged to the Private Party Renter accordingly.
c. Private Party Renter and all party guests must insure that they dispose of all waste materials such as diapers, paper towels and trash in the correct receptacles provided by THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE
5. Personal Property: THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE, its agents and employees are not responsible for the Private Party Renter or any of its Party Guests personal property. It is the sole responsibility of each person entering into the facility to be responsible for all possessions and belongings unless pre-arranged with THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE and/or its staff. Under no circumstances shall THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE, its agents or employees, take responsibility for any lost, stolen, missing or damaged personal property or otherwise.
6. Safety: Private Party Renter and the parents of the party guests (invited or otherwise) are completely responsible for the well-being and behavior of their minor child while on THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE premises, the Party Space or other THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE property.
7. Conduct: THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE reserves the right to ask any child or adult during the Private Party found to be destructive and/or abusive to any other guests (whether party guests or not), THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE staff or employees to immediately leave THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE property.
8. Indemnification: The Private Party Renter agrees to hold harmless and indemnify THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the "indemnified Parties"), from and against any and all losses, costs, expenses, including but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees), claims, actions, demands, damages incurred by or asserted against the indemnified Parties by reason of the acts, omissions or negligence of the Client, its guests, employees, agents or independent contractors, arising out of or in any way connected with the Private Party Renter’s event (Private Party), except when directly caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of the Indemnified Parties.
9. Default: Failure by the Private Party Renter to timely pay THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE all amounts due shall constitute a default by the Private Party Renter. Upon a default by the Private Party Renter, THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE, at its sole discretion, may (I) terminate this contract and retain all amounts paid to THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE as liquidated damages, or (II) enforce the terms of this contract through any and all remedies that it has as defined in this contract. In no event of default shall THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE be liable to the Private Party Renter for any amount in excess of amounts paid to THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE Said payment constitutes the Private Party Renter’s sole and exclusive remedy and the Private Party Renter hereby relinquishes any and all causes of action, which the Client otherwise have in law or in equity as defined in this Contract.
10. Applicable Law and Construction. The laws of the State of Illinois shall govern the validity, performance and enforcement of this Lease.
11. Arbitration: By executing this agreement, THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE and the Private Party Renter agree that any dispute or claim arising under or with respect to this Agreement will be resolved by Arbitration in Chicago, Illinois before an arbitrator chosen by agreement of the Parties. Each party shall equally bear any costs associated with arbitration. The award shall be final and binding upon the parties. Any award may be entered as a judgment or order in any court of competent jurisdiction.
12. Force Majeure. Neither THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE nor Private Party Renter shall be liable or responsible for any delays or cancellations of the Private Party due to strikes, lockouts, casualties, acts of God, war, governmental regulation or control or other causes beyond the reasonable control of THE LABORATORY COLLECTIVE or Private Party Renter. These policies shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois. The undersigned has read and understands the aforementioned Private Party Space Rental Agreement and Regulations and agrees to abide by and be bound by such agreements and regulations.