FREEDOG SWINDON CONSENT FORM-
CONSENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF RISK (SIGNED BY PARENT OR APPOINTED GUARDIAN IF PARTICIPANT IS UNDER 18) IN CONSIDERATION OF being permitted to use the Freedog Arena, Clip ‘n Climb, Soft Play and related facilities within Freedog Swindon, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following:
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
Activities in Freedog Swindon are physically demanding and the risk of injury is significant. The chances of minor injury (bruises, bumps and minor fractures) have to be seen as possible outcomes to much the same extent as normal active play but there is potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life. Participants (/parents / appointed guardians) must accept that such risks cannot be entirely eliminated while maintaining the adventurous nature of the activities in Freedog Swindon.
CONDITIONS OF USE
OUR DUTY OF CARE
The rules of Freedog Swindon set out below are not intended to limit your enjoyment of the facilities. They are part of the duty of care that we, as operators, owe to you, the customer, by law. As such they are not negotiable and if you are not prepared to abide by them then the staff may ask you to leave.
YOUR DUTY OF CARE
You also have a duty of care to act responsibly towards the other users of the centre, our staff and facilities. Statements of ‘Good Practice’ are posted around the centre adjacent to the relevant facilities.
Participants (/parents / appointed guardians) must understand that in the interests of safety participants must follow the rules of Freedog Swindon as shown in this document, on signage in the centre, in safety briefings (verbal and/or video) and instructions given by Freedog Swindon staff members at all times. If your session is stopped due to the behaviour of the participant, no refunds will be made.
Our staff are on site to help provide a safe environment. We do not tolerate any abusive or threatening behaviour towards our members of staff.
Freedog Swindon may use any photos taken of you (or the children you are accompanying) in the centre on its website, print media and/ or social media. You must inform the Duty Manager every time you enter the building if you do not wish your image to be used.
ALCOHOL AND DRUGS
Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol when using Freedog Swindon’s facilities is strictly forbidden. The acceptable level of alcohol or non-prescription drugs in any participant's system is zero. If the staff suspect, or know that a participant has had an alcoholic drink/taken non-prescription drugs, they may be refused participation or entry.
- Participants must abide by all rules and instruction regarding Freedog activities; therefore participants must:
- complete an acceptance of risk form before participating in any activity.
- report to reception on arrival.
- attend a briefing for their chosen activity upon every visit.
- read all safety-related signage.
- seek clarification from a member of staff if they do not understand any of the rules or instructions.
- Running is ONLY permitted in the Strike Arena, Ninja Run, Warped Wall and Sports Pitch.
- Running is NOT permitted in any other areas of the centre.
- Participants must report to reception on each visit before they use the centre.
- Participants must exercise care, common sense and self-preservation at all times.
- For the safety of all participants and others, if a member of staff does not think a participant is capable of completing an activity safely, they will communicate this to the participant(s) and the participant must then stop.
- Participants must report problems with the equipment, facilities or other participants' behaviour to a member of staff as soon as possible.
- Freedog Swindon reserves the right to refuse entry.
- Participants must be aware of the other customers around them and how their actions will affect them.
- Participants, to the best of their knowledge, should not suffer from any medical condition or other condition which may prevent them from participating in any of the activities or which would make it more likely that they would be involved in an incident which could result in injury to themselves or others.
- Participants must not distract people while they are using Freedog Swindon’s facilities.
- Instructors / monitors / staff are on hand to attend to any First Aid requirements. If a participant has an injury, it is their responsibility to inform a member of staff.
- Each participant is responsible for his / her actions (and those of minors they are accompanying) during the activity and around the centre and agrees to abide by all posted rules, policies and procedures in order to maintain the utmost level of safety.
- Children under the age of twelve must have an accompanying adult within the building.
- Adults signing on behalf of children or SEND participants are responsible for ensuring that their children or SEND participants understand and follow the rules.
- Adults are responsible for ensuring that the children or SEND participants, that they are signing on behalf of, understand and follow the rules.
Use of the Freedog Arena
- Freedog branded socks must be worn in the Freedog Arena at all times.
- For the safety of all participants each session offering has its own age and height limitations. Participants can refer to the most up to date version of the website for this information.
- It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to choose an appropriate session for the age and height of participants. No refunds are offered for inappropriately booked sessions and proof of age may be required.
- Appropriate attire to cover arms and legs is advised to reduce the risk of abrasions and friction burns on the slides.
- Each activity in the Freedog Arena has signposted rules. It is the participants and accompanying adults responsibility to read and follow these rules, and instructions given by members of staff during the briefing and session.
- All participants must understand and know their own limits. Participants must not try anything they feel may be beyond their capabilities or presents a danger to themselves or others.
Use of the Freedog Toddler Sessions:
- Toddler sessions are to provide fun and enjoyment for children aged 5 and under AND under the height of 135cm.
- Participants must receive a safety briefing every time before taking part in the session.
- Accompanying adults must directly supervise their toddlers at all times.
- Participants must respect and not damage the toys provided.
- Accompanying adults agree that their child/toddler is fully able to participate in the session and has no injuries/illness or medical conditions that may be adversely affected by participation.
Use of the Clip ‘n Climb Area:
Climbing in all forms is not completely free of risk. If participants follow the rules set out in their briefing then the chance of a serious injury is extremely remote. However, bumps and scrapes are common to much the same extent as normal active play.
It is the participant’s (or accompanying adult’s) responsibility to assess if the activity is appropriate for them. You must make the Clip ‘n Climb staff aware of any medical condition you have (or if you are pregnant) before participation. However, it is not the Clip ‘n Climb staff’s responsibility to decide if the activity will aggravate any condition you may have.
A few basic rules are found below.
- All participants must attend a briefing before entering the area.
- Long hair must be tied back.
- Your pockets must be empty during your session.
- Jewellery should be removed before participation.
- Never run in the Clip ‘n Climb area.
- Never step on the padded triangles at the base of the route (as this means someone is already climbing).
- Only climb once you are attached to the auto belay on your chosen climb.
- Some elements are managed directly by the staff (such as the “Stairway to Heaven” and the Drop Slide). Never use these unsupervised.
- Perform a practice lower at the start of your session (gain confidence before going to the top).
- Due to our manufactures guidelines regarding the Auto-Belays a maximum weight limit of 140kg and a minimum weight limit of is 10kg enforced.
- Appropriate attire to cover arms and legs is advised and closed toed trainers are required (no flip flops, or shoes that may fall off allowed). Loose clothing such as hoodies and flairs are not advisable as they may get caught when lowering off the wall.
If you (or the child you are accompanying) cannot follow the rules, or further instructions given by the staff, you may be asked to leave. This is for the safety of everyone.
Use of the Freedog Soft Play:
- Participants and their parents must always report to reception before using the soft-play area.
- Wristbands will be provided to those that have completed the appropriate forms and paid to use the soft-play area.
- Whilst children are using the soft play area, their accompanying adults must remain on-site at all times, and are solely responsible for their child(ren)’s safety.
- This activity/facility is unsupervised. It is up to the accompanying adult to ensure the safety of the participant(s).
- Only participants aged 7 or under AND under the height of 135cm are allowed to use the main soft play area.
- Accompanying adults must read the rules located outside the soft play area before their child takes part in the activity. It is the accompanying adult’s responsibility to ensure their child(ren) abides by these rules.
- Food and drink must not be taken into the toddler area or onto any of the play equipment without exception.
- Participants must respect and not damage the toys provided or equipment.
- I am a competent adult aged 18 years or older / the parent, legal guardian or appointed guardian (as defined below) of a child (under 18 years) participating in activities in Freedog Swindon.
- If this agreement is signed by me on behalf of a child, I confirm that the child’s full name and date of birth are printed above and that either
- I am the parent / legal guardian of that child; or
- Where I am not the parent / legal guardian of that child, the child’s parent / legal guardian has granted permission for me to assume responsibility for that child and for me to have the right to sign this agreement on their behalf (appointed guardian)
- I (/the child) understand that activities in Freedog Swindon are physically demanding and the risk of injury is significant. The chances of minor injury (bruises, bumps and minor fractures) have to be seen as possible outcomes to much the same extent as normal active play but I (/the child) also understand that there is potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life. I acknowledge that such risks cannot be entirely eliminated without jeopardising the essential qualities of activities in Freedog Swindon and that while following the rules may reduce the risks, the risk of injury and loss of life does still exist.
- To reduce the inherent risks of the activity, I (/the child) must follow the rules of Freedog Swindon as shown in this document, on signage in the centre, in safety briefings (verbal and/or video) and instructions given by Freedog Swindon staff members at all times.
- I (/the child) must disclose any condition that may affect my (/the child) taking part in activities at Freedog Swindon. I (/the child) understand that Freedog Swindon staff are not medical professionals and they cannot assess if any condition might make the activity more dangerous or be inappropriate. It is my responsibility to seek medical advice before I (/the child) takes part in activities in Freedog Swindon.
- Freedog Swindon provides first aid trained staff and equipment during activities in case of injury, accidents or illness during participation. I consent to me (/ the child) receiving treatment that may be deemed advisable while on the Freedog Swindon premises.
- Freedog Swindon will only be liable for loss or damage suffered as a result of your (/the child’s) participation if it is caused by Freedog Swindon's failure to carry out its obligations, or breaches of any duties imposed by law. Freedog Swindon will not be liable for loss or damages suffered if they occurred due to (i) my (/the child’s) own fault; (ii) the provision of services or products by a third party, or (iii) events which Freedog Swindon could not have foreseen or prevented even if Freedog Swindon had taken all reasonable care.
- My (/the child’s) involvement in activities in Freedog Swindon is voluntary, and I am (/the child is) acting under my (/their) own free will
- I am solely responsible for my own (/the child’s) conduct and actions whilst participating in activities in Freedog Swindon
- If any part of this agreement is invalid or ineffective, the remainder will continue in full force and effect.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales
I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A CONTRACT AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
I AGREE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN.
Do you understand, accept and agree to all of the statements above: