IN CONSIDERATION OF the covenants and agreements contained in this Agreement and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties to this Agreement agree as follows:
1. Being of lawful age and in consideration of being permitted to participate in the activity described below, the Participant releases and forever discharges the Activity Provider, the Activity Provider's spouse, heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, employees, directors, officers and managers and assigns from all manner of action, causes of action, debts, accounts, bonds, contracts, claims and demands for or by reason of any injury to person or property, including injury resulting in the death of the Participant, which has been or may be sustained as a consequence of the Participant's participation in the activity described below, and not withstanding that such damage, loss or injury may have been caused solely or partly by the negligence of the Activity Provider.
2. The Releasor understands that the Releasor would not be permitted to participate in the activity described below unless the Releasor signed this Agreement.
Details of Activity
3. The Participant will participate in the following activity: aerial adventure parks featuring zip-lines and treetop obstacles.
4. The Participant acknowledges that this Agreement is given the express intention of effecting the extinguishment of certain obligations owed to the Participant, and with the intention of binding the Participant’s spouse, heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives and assigns.
Fitness to Participate
5. The Participant acknowledges that the Participant does not have any physical limitations, medical ailments, physical or mental disabilities that would limit or prevent the Participant from participating in the above- mentioned activity. If required, the Participant will obtain a medical examination and clearance.
Full and Final Settlement
6. The Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Participant has carefully read this Agreement, that the Participant fully understands the same, and that the Participant is freely and voluntarily executing the same.
7. The Participant understands that by signing this Agreement, the Participant agrees to be forever prevented from suing or otherwise claiming against the Activity Provider for any property loss or personal injury that the Participant may sustain while participating in or preparing for the above noted activity.
8. The Participant has been given the opportunity and has been encouraged to seek independent legal advice prior to signing this Agreement.
9. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties to this Agreement and the terms of this Agreement are contractual and not a mere recital.
10. This Agreement will be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of South Carolina.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I MAY BE WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE.
Today's Date: December 1, 2023
COVID-19 RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
The individual named below (referred to as " I " or " me ") desires to enter the premises of TREETOP QUEST GREENVILLE, LLC, a South Carolina Limited Liability Company (the " Company ") located at 16 Alma Street, Greenville, South Carolina 29617 (the " Premises ") to engage in aerial adventure parks featuring zip-lines and treetop obstacles (the " Activity "). As lawful consideration for being permitted by the Company to be on the Premises and engage in the Activity, I agree to all the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement (this " Agreement ").
1. I am aware of the highly contagious nature of the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (the " Disease ") and the risk that I may be exposed to or contract the Disease by being on the Premises and engaging in the Activity. I understand and acknowledge that such exposure or infection may result in serious illness, personal injury, permanent disability, death, or property damage. I acknowledge that this risk may result from or be compounded by the actions, omissions, or negligence of others, including Company employees. I understand that while the Company has implemented preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Disease, the Company cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with the Disease while on the Premises and that being on the Premises may increase my risk of contracting the Disease. NOTWITHSTANDING THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DISEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY ENTERING THE PREMISES TO ENGAGE IN THE ACTIVITY WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED. I HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL RISKS OF PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM MY BEING ON THE PREMISES OR ENGAGING IN THE ACTIVITY, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE COMPANY OR OTHERWISE.
2. I hereby expressly waive and release any and all claims, now known or hereafter known, against the Company, and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, members, successors, and assigns (collectively, " Releasees "), on account of injury, illness, disability, death, or property damage arising out of or attributable to my being on the Premises or engaging in the Activity, whether arising out of the negligence of the Company or any Releasees or otherwise. I covenant not to make or bring any such claim against the Company or any other Releasee, and forever release and discharge the Company and all other Releasees from liability under such claims.
3. I am familiar with federal, state, and local laws, orders, directives, and guidelines related to the Disease, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance on the Disease. I will comply with all such orders, directives, and guidelines while on the Premises, including, without limitation, requirements related to hand sanitation, social distancing, and use of face coverings. I will also follow all instructions of the Company while on the Premises. I agree not to enter the Premises if I am experiencing symptoms of the Disease (such as cough, shortness of breath, or fever), have a confirmed or suspected case of the Disease, have not traveled to areas of known infection in the last 14 days, or have come in contact in the last 14 days with a person who has been confirmed or suspected of having the Disease.
4. This Agreement constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the Company and me with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. This Agreement is binding on and shall inure to the benefit of the Company and me and our respective successors and assigns. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of South Carolina without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of South Carolina or any other jurisdiction).
BY SIGNING, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE THE COMPANY.