In consideration for being allowed to participate as a customer/student/competitor at Caswells Gun Range, I hereby agrees to each of the following terms and conditions of this Release/Agreement, and has initialed each paragraph below to indicate it has been read and understood by him/her:
1. I am aware of and understand and agree to follow the Four Firearm Safety Rules (Treat all firearms as if they are loaded; never point a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy; keep your finger off of the trigger and out of the trigger guard until you are on target and ready to fire; always identify your target as well as what is beyond and around it) at all times. I understand that I am also responsible for reviewing and following any/all additional Range Rules, policies and directions of the Range Personnel, Class Instructor(s) and/or Range Master(s).
2. I am familiar with and understand the operation (or will, prior to operation of it/them) of each and every firearm which I will use at Caswells Shooting Range. The word “operation” includes safe handling, loading, unloading and firing of the firearm(s) as well as use of the appropriate safety mechanisms and operating features of each firearm.
3. I understand that Caswells Shooting Range recommends the use of newly manufactured commercial ammunition at all times. I accept full and complete responsibility for the inherent risks resulting from my and/or anyone else’s use of reloaded ammunition. I also agree to be certain I am using the correct ammunition for my particular firearm(s) at all times before firing.
4. I acknowledge and fully understand that I and all others engaged in shooting firearms, particularly in large shooting ranges such as Caswell’s Shooting Range, are accepting substantial inherent risks of serious personal injury or death.
5. I recognize that I may be expelled from Caswells Shooting Range for violation of the Safety/Range Rules or for behavior deemed unsafe by Range Personnel, Class Instructor(s) and/or Range Master(s). Decisions regarding expulsion are final.
6. On behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, I hereby assume all risk of personal injury/death and accept personal responsibility for any and all damages that may occur as a result of any such personal injury/death as a result of my participation in the class/match/shooting experience at Caswells Shooting Range.
7. On behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, I hereby waive, release and dischargeCaswells Shooting Range, its affiliates, officers, directors, owners (members), managers, employees, agents, successors and/or assigns (“Released Parties”) from any and all claims, demands, actions or lawsuits seeking damages on account of any personal injury, disability or death occurring to myself or anyone else, caused in whole or in part or alleged to have been so caused by the negligence/recklessness/intent of any of the Released Parties.
8. I understand that mind-altering substances (including alcohol or drugs) of any kind, in any quantity, inside or outside of the body, are absolutely not allowed at Caswells Shooting Range at any time and will not be allowed by any Released Party at any Caswells Shooting Range activity.
9. I agree that this Release and Assumption of Risk shall be interpreted according to Arizona law and that any dispute hereunder shall be resolved pursuant to Arizona law in the appropriate Arizona Court.
10. I understand that photo/video image(s) of me participating in my Caswells Shooting Range activity may be taken and may be used by Caswells Shooting Range for commercial/promotional/informational purposes, and I hereby agree and consent to allow such use.
I hereby state that I, the actual signer of this Agreement, am an adult over the age of 21 years (or that, if applicable, I am the legal guardian/parent of the minor participant whose name is set forth below), that I have read and initialed each of the above terms and conditions, that I understand everything set forth above and that I have, by signing below, knowingly and voluntarily given up substantial legal rights (of my own and/or of my minor ward).
BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE/AGREEMENT, YOU ARE GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO RECOVER DAMAGES IN CASE OF INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. YOUR SIGNATURE ABOVE INDICATES COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE OF AND CONSENT TO THIS FACT.
Today's Date: December 4, 2020