The practice of any activity or sport associated with a climbing wall, bouldering area, and related equipment and fitness regimens (hereinafter, an "Activity") at any of the facilities operated by 3155790 Canada Inc. and its related companies (collectively "we" or "Allez Up") involves elements of considerable risk. While we have taken responsible steps to provide you with appropriate instruction and/or competent instructors to enable you to enjoy an activity that you may not be adept at, we wish to remind you that this activity is not without risk. Indeed, some risks cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of the activity. The elements that make this activity unique can result in loss or damage to your equipment, accidental injury, illness or, in extreme cases, permanent injury or death. We don't want to scare you off or reduce your enthusiasm for the activity, but we do believe it is important that you know in advance what to expect and that you are warned of the inherent risks.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISKS
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES SOME, NOT ALL, OF THE RISKS OF INDOOR CLIMBING:
- Slipping, tripping, falling, or painful crashing while using facilities or equipment, climbing walls, climbing bouldering areas, landing pits, floors under climbing areas, training areas, bathroom facilities, or steps.
- Risks associated with crossing, ascending or descending while climbing.
- Misuse of equipment or facilities, or equipment failures.
- My health, physical strength, coordination, sense of balance, and ability to follow or give directions while climbing, belaying, or training may not be sufficient to allow me to safely participate in the sport of indoor climbing.
- Fatigue, shivering and/or dizziness, which may reduce my/our reaction time and increase the risk of an accident.
- Abrasions caused by ropes and equipment or by becoming entangled in them.
- I understand that climbing, due to the nature of the walls, holds and bindings present, may result in premature wear and/or tears to my clothing, shoes or other equipment.
- The presence, actions or falls of other participants, whether or not they are accredited climbers.
- I understand that the description of these risks is not complete and that other unknown or unforeseen risks may result in injury, illness or death.
HEALTH AND PHYSICAL CONDITION
I certify that I am in good physical condition and have no personal health problems that prevent me from participating in Allez Up activities.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I accept the risk of bodily injury, accident and/or illness, including but not limited to sprains, muscle and/or ligament tears, cracks or fractures, eye conditions, cuts, wounds, scrapes, abrasions and/or bruises, dehydration, lack of oxygen (anoxia), exposure and/or altitude sickness, trauma to the head, neck and/or spine, nerve shock, paralysis and/or death.
I ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR CHOOSING A RESPONSIBLE PERSON TO BELAY ME.
I understand that my insurer may inadvertently, negligently, or for other reasons, drop the rope, fail to check my harness and knot, or do other things that could result in my injury or death. I acknowledge that holding a certification from Allez Up or any other authority does not mean that the holder is an expert or responsible person.
I ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF MY ACTS WHEN USING THE AUTO BELAY DEVICES.
I understand that the auto belay devices are available to me so that I can climb without a partner. I am responsible to follow the instructions to make sure the device is working properly and that my harness is properly secured on the auto belay carabiner.
AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY THE RULES AND REGULATIONS
I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of ALLEZ UP, which are posted on the bulletin board on the floor of the gym.
ALLEZ UP reserves the right to refuse to accredit any climber who does not pass the ALLEZ UP accreditation test. Furthermore, ALLEZ UP reserves the right to suspend or remove the accreditation of any climber who demonstrates an unsafe attitude toward safety in indoor rock climbing while at ALLEZ UP, or who does not obey the rules and regulations of ALLEZ UP.
I understand that wearing a climbing helmet can reduce the risk of head injury and I am personally responsible for my decision to wear a helmet or not. It is my responsibility to provide my own helmet.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the above acknowledgement and acceptance of risks and responsibilities, and I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of Allez Up.
********** UNACCREDITED GUEST CLIMBERS **********
As a host for a guest member, I acknowledge that I am responsible for putting on my guest(s)’s harness and for tying them in using a figure-eight knot. I am also responsible for my guest if he wants to use an auto belay device. I further understand that any breach of this rule may result in my being asked to leave the premises, without refund. I understand that I must be 18 years of age or older in order to be responsible for a guest.
As an unaccredited guest of an accredited climber at Allez Up, I acknowledge that I am not permitted to put on my own harness or tie my own figure-eight knot. I agree that I will not belay any climber while I am at Allez Up. Furthermore, I agree that I will not take instruction on any aspect of climbing safety while I am at the gym, except from an Allez Up instructor in the context of an Allez Up course. Climbing safety includes putting on my harness, tying the eight-knot or belaying. I further agree that any breach of this rule may result in my being asked to leave the premises, without refund.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the rules concerning guest climbers.
Date: March 29, 2023