There are significant elements of risk in any sport or activity associated with rock climbing or bouldering area, incidental fitness training regimens and equipment (referred to herein as ‘Activity’). We wish to remind you this activity is not without risk. Certain risks cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of the activity. The same elements that contribute to the unique character of the activity can be causes of loss or damage to your equipment, or accidental injury, illness, or in extreme cases, permanent trauma or death. We do not want to frighten you or reduce your enthusiasm for the activity, but we do think it is important for you to know in advance what to expect and be informed of the inherent risks.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISKS
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES SOME, BUT NOT ALL THE RISKS OF INDOOR ROCK CLIMBING:
1. Slips, trips, falls or painful crashes while using the facilities or equipment, climbing walls, bouldering areas, landing pits, floors below climbing areas, work-out areas, bathroom facilities, or stairs;
2. Risk associated with crossing, climbing, or down-climbing;
3. Misuse of equipment or facilities, or failure of equipment;
4. The risk that my health and physical strength, coordination, sense of balance, and ability to follow or give directions while climbing or working out may not be sufficient to practice safely the sport of indoor rock climbing;
5. Fatigue, chill and/or dizziness, which may diminish my/our reaction time and increase the risk of accident;
6. Abrasion with bouldering wall texture and hold's texture.
7. The presence, actions or falls of other participants.I understand the description of these risks is not complete and that other unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury, illness,or death.
HEALTH AND PHYSICAL CONDITION
I confirm that I am in proper physical condition and I suffer from no personal health issues that prevent me from participating in the
activities of FREDERICTON BOULDERING CO-OP.ASSUMPTION OF RISK I assume the risk(s) of personal injury, accidents and/or illness, including but not limited to: sprains, torn muscles and/or ligaments; fractured orbroken bones; eye damage; cuts, wounds, scrapes, abrasions, and/or contusions; dehydration, oxygen shortage (anoxia), exposure and/or altitude sickness; head, neck, and/or spinal injuries; shock, paralysis,and/or death.
AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY THE RULES AND REGULATIONS
I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of FREDERICTON BOULDERING CO-OP, which are posted on the bulletin board on the floor of the gym. A written copy of the rules and regulations will be made available on request. FREDERICTON BOULDERING CO-OP reserves the right to refuse access to any climber who does not conform with rules and regulations or who demonstrates an unsafe attitude toward safety in indoor climbing while at FREDERICTON BOULDERING CO-OP.
AUTHORIZATION FOR TRAVEL
I give permission for my child to leave the premises of FREDERICTON BOULDERING CO-OP to participate in trips. I give permission to the staff of FREDERICTON BOULDERING CO-OP to take my child to all scheduled trip locations for the FREDERICTON BOULDERING CO-OP’s program. I understand that my child will be escorted and supervised by the staff of FREDERICTON BOULDERING CO-OP while participating in these activities. In the event of an injury requiring medical attention, I hereby grant permission to the supervising staff (including volunteers) to attend to my child. If the injury warrants further medical attention, I expect every effort will be made to contact me to receive my specific authorization before action is taken. If efforts to contact me are unsuccessful, I grant permission for necessary medical treatment to be given. In addition, I hereby give my permission to the supervising staff (including volunteers) to take my child to the physician, dentist, or to the hospital if an accident or serious illness occurs on the trip and I cannot be located. I will not hold FREDERICTON BOULDERING CO-OP responsible for any injuries that may occur to my child while in their care.
Please read the citation below and sign your initials in the space provided to indicate that you have read and accepted the statement.
“I have read and understood the foregoing acknowledgment of risks and assumption of risk and responsibility and that I will abide by the rules and regulations of
FREDERICTON BOULDERING CO-OP.”
Today's Date: August 4, 2020