CHECK IN PROCEDURES
All visitors to the LA Clays Shooting Sports Park Shotgun Range, members and non-members, shooters and/or spectators, must check-in at the Shotgun Window. The Range Agreement & Release of Liability Form must be filled out and turned in by anyone entering a field or Sporting Clays. Failure to do so results in denial of access to the range. All guns and ammo to be identified at the time of check in.
SHOTGUN RANGE RULES
1) Always obey all Range Safety Officer's commands without exception, hesitation, or argument.
2) LA Clays Shooting Sports Park’s safe direction for pump action and semi-auto shotguns is up until at firing position, then it is either up or down range (exception for break actions when the action is open).
3) All guns to remain unloaded with actions open until ready to shoot.
4) Always keep trigger finger off the trigger and on the frame until ready to shoot.
5) Never go in front of the firing line, even during a cease fire unless directed to do so by a Range Safety Officer on duty.
6) Eye and ear protection is required for any person engaging in any activities (shooting or otherwise) on the range side of the chain link fence or while on the Sporting Clays course.
7) Only load shotgun at the firing position.
8) Unload and clear gun before moving away from or between firing positions.
9) No one shall be permitted to move from firing position/station to firing position/station with a loaded gun.
10) Only one (1) round of ammunition (shotgun shell) is to be loaded into any gun before any target is shot for "singles" shooting events.
11) Two (2) rounds of ammunition (shotgun shells) may be loaded into a shotgun if a "doubles" event is being shot. (Continental, or Skeet)
12) Only one (1) shooter may be loaded at a time.
13) Only one (1) person may shoot at any single target at a time (this does not include games such as Annie Oakley or Buddy Backup which requires approval from the Shotgun Window prior to shooting).
14) Only shooters/pullers (scorekeepers) are permitted on the firing line. Spectators must wait at the back of the field at the benches or behind the fence.
15) Minimum 24" barrel length for 12 gauge guns (see window for other gauges or exceptions).
16) All ammo used on trap/skeet/crazy quail/five-stand is to be 71⁄2, 8, or 9 shot only (absolutely no buckshot or slugs, or Steel Shot).
17) Absolutely no handguns or rifles allowed up to the Sporting Clays course. No buckshot or slugs allowed up to the Sporting Clays Course.
18) Absolutely no alcoholic beverages of any kind are allowed on any of the shooting fields at any time. Anyone suspected of consuming alcoholic beverages prior to shooting will be asked to leave the premises.
19) Anyone suspected of being under the influence of any substance, whether legal or not, prior to shooting will be asked to leave the premises.
20) No one under the age of 18 is permitted to shoot any shotgun venue without being accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
21) I understand that for the purpose of shooting at the shotgun range I must be at least 18 years of age if I supply my own shotgun.
22) No smoking while on any of the shooting fields or Sporting Clays. Please smoke only in the designated smoking areas.
23) Any trap field that has a cone on top of the house is on a cease fire. The trap house is either turned off and/or has a person inside it. Do Not Load or prepare to shoot from any station on a field where a cone is on the trap house.
24) Please review all safety rules posted at each station.
25) Please report any unsafe behavior to any Range Safety Officer or Staff member immediately.
Dated: April 17, 2021