WaterWorld Scuba, LLC
COURSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Deposits & Payments: Every WaterWorld Scuba, LLC (WWS) course requires full payment for enrollment. Reservations are not guaranteed until payment is received.
Changes to Reservations: A $75 rescheduling fee will be charged for any scheduling change made fewer than 14 days prior to the first day of class.
Cancellation & Refunds: Digital course materials are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Cancellations made 14 days or more prior to the first day of class qualify for a full refund minus the cost of the digital materials.
Cancellations made fewer than 14 days prior to the first day of class will incur a $75 cancellation fee per student.
SSI Freediving Responsible Diver Code
Freediving/Breath-Hold Diving - any diving activity where the participant holds their breath, including dry land breath-holds, surface breathholds, and/or in-water breath holds, which may include the use of equipment like mask, fins, or snorkels, as well as specialized freediving/ breath-hold equipment like monofins and nose-plugs to achieve longer breath-holds durations, deeper depths and longer distances. Freediving is an adventure activity that requires the use of specialized equipment and professional training to explore the underwater environment without the use of life-support equipment. As with other adventure activities, freediving has elements of risk that cannot be totally eliminated regardless of the amount of training, care, caution, or expertise. SSI believes these risks may be reduced through the SSI Diver Diamond - development of proper Knowledge, Skills, Equipment and Experience. Ultimately it is up to each individual diver to assume the inherent risk associated with freediving, and it is each diver’s responsibility to minimize the risk through exercising good judgment, common sense, respect, and personal awareness during all diving activities. SSI has developed a Freediving Responsible Diver Code to remind freedivers of your responsibilities for each freedive. As a Responsible Freediver - I pledge to:
1. DIVE COMPETENTLY - Always dive within my training, certification, experience, comfort, and ability.
2. MAINTAIN APPROPRIATE DIVER HEALTH - Including appropriate fitness, physical health, and mental awareness to freedive. If I experience any signs or symptoms of hypoxia, or discomfort/pain when equalizing my air spaces while freediving, I will not dive for the remainder of the day and until the condition is fully resolved.
3. UTILIZE A DIVE PLAN - Plan my freedives and dive my plan for each freedive. Listen to and follow dive briefings.
4. BE A RESPONSIBLE FREEDIVING PARTNER - Remain with my freediving partner from the start to finish of our freediving activities, and maintain the “one up - one down” philosophy. Know our plan to take action if we become separated while freediving.
5. INSPECT MY FREEDIVING EQUIPMENT - Before each freediving excursion, I will inspect my equipment and make sure everything is working properly. I will establish proper weighting and know how to quick-release my weights. If using a lanyard, I will know how to release the lanyard and I will test the quick-release function before I enter the water.
6. FREEDIVER AWARENESS - I will monitor my depth and perform descents without pushing my equalization limitations. When conducting target depth freedives, I will use a fixed dive line with the target depth clearly marked. I will always monitor my freediving partner when it’s their turn to dive.
7. MAINTAIN PROFICIENT FREEDIVING SKILLS - I understand freediving skills and knowledge are perishable. If it has been more than six months since my last freedive, I understand the importance of assessing my skills with my freediving partner or participate in an update with a freediving instructor if I am not confidant in my abilities.
8. RESPECT THE ENVIRONMENT - Be aware of currents, waves, visibility, temperature, weather, boat traffic, slippery, uneven and unstable surfaces, overhead environments, entanglements, and hazardous marine life. I understand boats are unsteady surfaces and will always use one hand to stabilize myself. I understand boat traffic can be particularly dangerous to freedivers and it is my obligation to take every precaution to avoid being hit by a boat. I understand the importance of participating in an orientation freediving session with a local professional when freediving in unfamiliar environments. I will obey all diving and applicable regulations, statutes and codes.
9. PLAN FOR EMERGENCIES - In addition to inspecting my equipment, I will verify my freediving partner’s equipment is functioning properly and configured appropriately, and that I know how to remove their weights and lanyard in case of an emergency. I will know freediving hand signals and how to alert others in case of an emergency. I will have an emergency action plan in case my freediving partner or I have an emergency.
10. ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY - I am ultimately responsible for my safety during all freediving activities. Failure to comply with these responsibilities will increase my risk of serious injury or death. Accidents can happen, even when all safety guidelines are followed, therefore I should obtain personal freediving accident insurance.
I understand the importance of being a responsible freediver and I pledge to abide by the SSI Freediving Responsible Diver Code. I understand failure to abide by the SSI Freediving Responsible Diver Code will jeopardize my safety and well-being.
January 25, 2022
SSI Freediving/Breath-Hold - Assumption of Risk, Liability Release & Hold Harmless Agreement
This is a legal contract terminating your rights to file a lawsuit. Read carefully before signing. Warning – Freediving/Breath-Hold Diving (Freediving) involves swimming underwater while holding your breath, which is inherently dangerous and may cause serious injury, illness or death. In consideration of being allowed to participate in Freediving training, I, expressly agree to be bound by this Agreement and comply with the SSI Freediving Responsible Diver Code. I understand this Agreement is between me, my family, estate, heirs or anyone who may have a claim on my behalf; and WaterWorld Scuba, including all instructors, facilities, boats, and training sites I receive training with or at; Scuba Schools International (“SSI”); their respective owners, officers, employees, representatives, volunteers, agents, contractors and any others on their behalves, whether specifically named or not (herein referred to as “Released Parties”). I voluntarily assume all risks of injury, illness and death, caused by Freediving and all related activities, whether foreseeable or not, including but not limited to risks associated with: swimming, entering and exiting the water, falling on, struck by or abandoned by a boat, separation or lost underwater, holding my breath, becoming unconscious, pre-existing health conditions, heart failure, over-exertion, panic, drowning, pressure related injuries, decompression illness, environmental and marine life injuries, unknown causes, equipment malfunctions, improper dive planning, or improper action of other divers or support personnel (including failure to rescue, recover, resuscitate, or provide emergency assistance). I agree to waive, release, not sue, discharge, save, indemnify, and hold harmless the Released Parties of all claims, demands, causes of action, lawsuits and damages by me, my estate, family (including my minor children), heirs, or others who may have a claim for my injury, illness or death as a result of any act or failure to act, including negligence by the Released Parties, associated with my Freediving training and all related activities. I agree that it is my responsibility to inform my family and all those who may have legal rights on my behalf that I have entered into this Agreement and it is my intent that they be bound by this Agreement. I agree that me or my estate shall be fully liable (pay for) for the cost to the Released Parties for any claim brought on my behalf arising as a consequence of my participation in Freediving and all related activities. I have carefully read, understand and agree to comply with the SSI Freediving Responsible Diver Code during all diving activities. I understand and agree that I am responsible for my own safety and well-being during all dive training and related activities. I am responsible for being physically, medically and mentally fit to participate in Freediving. I affirm that all personal information I have provided on medical questionnaires is truthful and accurate to the best of my knowledge, and I will not hold others responsible or liable for any injury, illness or death caused by my failure to disclose a known medical condition. I am responsible for my own equipment configuration, assembly, and pre-dive inspection to verify it is appropriate and functioning properly. I am responsible for planning and performing all my dive activities, including anticipating potential emergencies. I will not hold anyone, including the Released Parties, responsible for failure to protect my wellbeing, ensure my proper use of equipment, or conduct my dive activities competently. I will not dive in conditions or at times that are not within my abilities and comfort level. If conditions become dangerous or I do not feel well or I become injured, I will immediate notify the dive leader and take action to correct the situation. I understand dive activities are conducted at sites that are remote, in time and distance, from medical care or a recompression chamber. I understand dive training does not guarantee my safety and that accidents happen even when proper procedures are followed. I understand the importance of, and my responsibility to have, personal insurance that specifically covers dive-related emergencies, emergency transportation, and medical treatments. I understand and agree that SSI licenses training centers, professionals and their affiliates to use various SSI trademarks and to conduct SSI approved training, but they are not agents, employees or franchisees of SSI, its parent, subsidiary, or affiliated corporations. I further understand that SSI training centers, SSI professionals, and their affiliates’ businesses are independent, and are neither owned, operated, or controlled by SSI, and that while SSI establishes standards and materials for SSI training, it is not responsible for, nor does it have the right to control, the operation of the business activities or the day-to-day training and/or supervision of divers by SSI training centers, SSI professionals, their affiliated businesses, and/or their associated staff. I further understand and agree on behalf of myself, that in the event of injury, illness or death during dive activities, I shall not hold SSI liable for the actions, inactions or negligence of the SSI training center, SSI professionals and other affiliated businesses or personnel associated with my dive activities. I have read this Agreement and the SSI Freediving Responsible Diver Code. I expressly understand my responsibilities and that I am giving up legal rights by signing this Agreement. I understand this is a legal contract and I am voluntarily signing it without duress or further inducement. I understand this is an unconditional and complete release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law. If any portion of this Agreement is found to be legally unenforceable or invalid, that portion shall be severed, and the remainder shall have full force and effect. I agree to be bound by this Agreement without modification of the preprinted text. The terms of this Agreement shall continue in effect for all dives and related activities for a period of one year from the date I signed this agreement. I am over 18 years of age and legally competent to engage in this Agreement, or I have acquired the written consent of my parent or guardian by completing a Youth Addendum form.
January 25, 2022
If you have questions or you would like a copy of the Joint Controller Agreement which describes the arrangement above and the safeguards of protecting your personal data, go to the following link: https://my.divessi.com/ssi_dc_joint_controller_agreement, or contact SSI at privacy@diveSSI.com.
1. SSI Authorized Training Center “Data Controller” SSI Training Center Name: WaterWorld Scuba, LLC, 789 Middlegate Rd, Henderson, NV 89011
2. Personal Data “Personal data” is any information relating to an individual person (“data subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to information such as a name, identification number, location data, or online identification. Name(s), address(es), telephone number(s), e-mail address(es), user ID(s), credit card number(s), social media account ID(s), login username(s), IP address(es) and GPS data are considered personal data.
4. Special rules for youth under the age of 16 Youth under the age of 16 cannot participate in any SSI training without the explicit consent of their parent or legally appointed guardian. Personal data for youth under the age of 16 is only used for conducting training and issuing certifications as described above. Youth under the age of 16 who visit www.diveSSI.com cannot register or use the MySSI system without consent from their parent or legal guardian. SSI strongly recommends that the parent or legal guardian closely monitor their youth’s internet activities until they are of legal age.
7. Data Security SSI takes an appreciable amount of technical and organizational security to protect your personal data from unintentional or unauthorized modification, deletion, loss, theft, viewing, forwarding, reproduction, use, alteration or access. SSI and our staff comply with confidentiality and data privacy regulations. Likewise, all authorized agents who have access to your personal data to fulfill their professional duties are also subject to the same obligations of confidentiality and data privacy.