LIABILITY/PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT, COVENANT NOT TO SUE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
In consideration for being allowed to participate as a customer/student/competitor at C2 Tactical and its affiliated business, (“Participant”) hereby agrees to each of the following terms and conditions of this Release/Agreement, and has initialed each paragraph below to indicate it has been read and understood by him/her:
1. I am aware of and understand and agree to follow the Four Firearm Safety Rules (Treat all firearms as if they are loaded; never point a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy; keep your finger off of the trigger and out of the trigger guard until you are on target and ready to fire; always identify your target as well as what is beyond and around it) at all times. I understand that I am also responsible for reviewing and following any/all additional Range Rules, policies and directions of the Range Personnel, Class Instructor(s) and/or Range Master(s).
2. I am familiar with and understand the operation (or will, prior to operation of it/them) of each and every firearm which I will use at C2 Tactical. The word “operation” includes safe handling, loading, unloading and firing of the firearm(s) as well as use of the appropriate safety mechanisms and operating features of each firearm.
3. I understand that C2 Tactical recommends the use of newly manufactured commercial ammunition at all times. I accept full and complete responsibility for the inherent risks resulting from my and/or anyone else’s use of any ammunition including reloaded ammunition. I also agree to be certain I am using the correct ammunition for my particular firearm(s) at all times before firing.
4. I acknowledge and fully understand that I and all others engaged in shooting firearms, particularly in large shooting ranges such as C2 Tactical, are accepting substantial inherent risks of serious personal injury or death.
5. I acknowledge that I have read and understand the posted Range Rules, and recognize that I may be expelled from C2 Tactical for violation of the Safety/Range Rules or for behavior deemed unsafe by Range Personnel, Class Instructor(s) and/or Range Master(s). Decisions regarding expulsion are final.
6. I (along with any minors I am including in this waiver) have watched the Range Safety Video in its entirety.
7. On behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, I hereby assume all risk of personal injury/death and accept personal responsibility for any and all damages that may occur as a result of any such personal injury/death as a result of my participation in the class/match/shooting experience at C2 Tactical.
8. On behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, I hereby waive, release and discharge C2 Tactical, its affiliates, officers, directors, owners (members), managers, employees, agents, successors and/or assigns (“Released Parties”) from any and all claims, demands, actions or lawsuits seeking damages on account of any personal injury, disability or death occurring to myself or anyone else, caused in whole or in part or alleged to have been so caused by the negligence/recklessness/intent of any of the Released Parties.
9. I understand that mind-altering substances (including alcohol or drugs) of any kind, in any quantity, inside or outside of the body, are absolutely not allowed at C2 Tactical at any time and will not be allowed by any Released Party at any C2 Tactical activity.
10. I agree that this Release and Assumption of Risk shall be interpreted according to Arizona law and that any dispute hereunder shall be resolved pursuant to Arizona law in the appropriate Arizona Court.
11. I understand that photo/video image(s) of me participating in my C2 Tactical activity may be taken and may be used by C2 Tactical for commercial/promotional/informational purposes, and I hereby agree and consent to allow such use.
12. I am aware of the highly contagious nature of bacterial and viral diseases including, but not limited to: the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) or OTHER INFECTIOUS DISEASE(S)(collectively, the "Disease") and the risk that I may be exposed to or contract the Disease [or other infectious diseases] by being on the C2 Tactical Premises (the “Premises”). I understand and acknowledge that such exposure or infection may result in serious illness, personal injury, permanent disability, death, or property damage. I acknowledge that this risk may result from or be compounded by the actions, omissions, or negligence of others, including C2 Tactical employees. I understand that while C2 Tactical has implemented preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Disease, C2 Tactical cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with the Disease or other infectious diseases while on the Premises and that being on the Premises may increase my risk of contracting the Disease. NOTWITHSTANDING THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DISEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY ENTERING THE PREMISES TO ENGAGE IN THE ACTIVITY WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED. I HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL RISKS OF PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RELATED TO THE DISEASE, ARISING FROM MY BEING ON THE PREMISES OR ENGAGING IN THE ACTIVITY, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF C2 TACTICAL OR OTHERWISE.
I hereby state that I, the actual signer of this Agreement, am an adult over the age of 18 years (or that, if applicable, I am the legal guardian/parent of the minor participant whose name is set forth below), that I have read and initialed each of the above terms and conditions, that I understand everything set forth above and that I have, by signing below, knowingly and voluntarily given up substantial legal rights (of my own and/or of my minor ward).
BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE/AGREEMENT, YOU ARE GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO RECOVER DAMAGES IN CASE OF INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. YOUR SIGNATURE INDICATES KNOWLEDGE OF AND CONSENT TO THIS FACT.
Dated: June 6, 2023