In consideration of the services of Beaufort Inlet WatersportsInc, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "BIW"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge BIW, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows :
1. I acknowledge that my participation in parasailing and boating activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: slips and falls; being struck by the equipment on take-off and landing; wrist, arm, shoulder, neck and/or back injuries; the forces of nature, including extremes of weather, lightning and rapid weather changes, exposure to sun, strong wind, cold, large waves, eddies and whirlpools, tidal conditions, surf and currents; the risk of collision with objects or other watercraft; crashing; the risk of boat capsize and entrapment; the risk of prolonged exposure to cold water, hypothermia, cold water shock; accidental drowning; sunburn, dehydration, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, and heat cramps; the risk of exposure to insect bites; aggressive and/or poisonous marine life; travel in remote areas; the negligence of other participants or persons who may be present; accidents or illness can occur in remote places without medical facilities; my own physical condition; and the physical exertion associated with these activities.
Furthermore, BIW personnel have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. Additionally, I agree to wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (life jacket) while participating in this activity.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless BIW from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of BIW’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of BIW.
4. Should BIW or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against BIW, I agree to do so solely in the state of North Carolina, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
PARENT'S OR GUARDIAN'S ADDITIONAL INDEMNIFICATION
(for participants under the age of 18)
In consideration of the following minor(s) being permitted by BIW to participate in its activities and to use its equipment and facilities, I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless BIW from any and all claims which are brought by, or on behalf of minor(s), and which are in any way connected with such use or participation by minor(s).
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against BIW on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I also agree that this document is valid for subsequent visits and participation at BIW. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
Date: May 27, 2022