Please Read Carefully. By signing this document you will waive certain legal rights, including the right to sue.
To: Yukan Canoe School a division of Jane & Trevor’s Adventure Network, its officers, employees, agents, representatives (all of whom are collectively referred to Yukan Canoe School.
I am aware that my participation in a Paddle sport course with Yukan Canoe School involves exposure to many Risks, dangers and hazards that may include but are not limited to:
- Travel and Survival in the wilderness
- Inadequate physical fitness and endurance
- The use of paddlesport water craft and related equipment
- The use of defective equipment
- Changing weather conditions
- Varying environmental conditions
- Encounters with and attacks by wild animals
- Drowning, near drowning, contacts with object in river, falls, slips Emotional trauma due to accidents
- Negligence on the part of Yukan Canoe School
- Negligence on the part of fellow participants
- Exposure to the Covid 19 Virus and other viruses, bacteria and environmental pathogens.
I am further aware that I may be exposed to Risks, Dangers and Hazards other than those listed above.
I freely accept and fully assume all and any such Risks, Dangers and Hazards and the possibility of Personal Injury, Death, Property Damage, or loss resulting from such Risks, Hazards and Dangers.
I agree to comply with the directions and instructions of Yukan Canoe School before and throughout the course.
I agree to allow Yukan School to use any and all images and /or testimonials taken of or provided by me during the course for any and all marketing purposes.
In consideration of Yukan Canoe School , accepting my application and permitting my participation in the course, I HEREBY AGREE as Follows.
- To Assume and Accept all and any risk, dangers and hazards arising out of, incidental to or in any way connected to my participation in the course.
- To waive any and all claim, actions, costs, expenses and demands that I may against Yukan Canoe School.
- To Release Yukan Canoe School from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I or my next of kin may suffer or incur as a resultof my participation on the course due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence on the part of Yukan Canoe School.
- To hold harmless and indemnify Yukan Canoe School from any and all liability for property damage, personal injury or death suffered by myself or by a third party as a result of participation on the course.
- To obey all directions and Instructions from Yukan Canoe School before and throughout the trip.
- That my level of physical fitness and endurance is adequate for my participation in the course.
- That this release and indemnity agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, and assigns, in the event of my death.
- I agree that the Laws of the Yukon Territory govern this contract and that any legal concerns will be handled in the competent and fair courts in Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada.
I have read and understood this release and indemnity agreement prior to signing it. I am aware that by signing below, I am affecting my legal rights and liabilities of my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns in relation to Yukan Canoe School.
Dated: August 2, 2021
I understand this waiver will apply to all courses taken with Yukan Canoe during the year 2020.