INFORMED CONSENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
(for participants who are 18 years and older)
WARNING! By signing this document you will waive certain legal rights, including the right to sue. Please read carefully.
1. This is a binding legal agreement; therefore clarify any questions or concerns before signing. As a Participant participating in a Water Ski & Wakeboard Canada sanctioned activity, which includes events, tournaments, training, competitions, clinics, camps, clubs, schools, workshops and seminars (collectively the “Activities”), the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following terms:
2. Water Ski & Wakeboard Canada and its coaches, officials, volunteers, trainers, instructors, agents, and representatives (collectively the “Organization”), as well as its affiliated Provincial Associations, member clubs and schools (collectively the “Affiliates”), are not responsible for any injury, personal injury, damage, property damage, expense, loss of income or loss of any kind suffered by a Participant during, or as a result of, the Activities, caused in any manner whatsoever including, but not limited to, the negligence of the Organization or its Affiliates.
Description of Risks
3. I am participating voluntarily in the Activities. In consideration of my participation, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks, dangers and hazards associated with or related to the Activities. The risks, dangers and hazards include, but are not limited to, injuries from:
a) The hazards particular to the Activity(ies) in which I am participating;
a) Executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques;
b) Water hazards, waves, unstable surfaces and extreme weather conditions;
c) Extreme speeds and heights relating to towed water sports;
d) Jumps, water features and obstacles, buoys and other structures that are placed in the water;
e) Vigorous physical exertion, strenuous cardiovascular workouts and rapid movements;
f) Exerting and stretching various muscle groups;
g) Failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
h) Contact, colliding, falling or being struck by other participants or equipment;
i) Blunt force trauma serious soft tissue injuries, broken bones, or spinal cord injuries which may render the Participant permanently paralyzed;
j) Abrasions, entanglements, entrapments, or flying objects and debris; and
k) Drowning including but not limited to, equipment failure or entanglement, falling out boat/watercraft into the water or being knocked unconscious while participating in a towed water sport.
4. Furthermore, the Parties are aware:
a) That I am expected to wear an approved Personal Flotation Device when on the water;
b) That injuries sustained can be severe;
c) That I may experience anxiety while challenging myself during the activities, events and programs;
d) That I may come into close contact with other participants;
e) That my risk of injury is reduced if I follow all rules established for participation; and
f) That my risk of injury increases as I become fatigued.
Release of Liability
5. In consideration of Water Ski & Wakeboard Canada and its Affiliates allowing me to participate, I agree:
a) That my physical condition has been verified by a medical doctor to participate;
b) The sole responsibility for the Participant’s safety remains with the Participant;
c) To remove myself if I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition; or feel unable or unfit to safely continue;
d) To ASSUME all risks arising out of, associated with or related to my participation;
e) To WAIVE any and all claims that I may have now or in the future against the Organization and its Affiliates;
6. I acknowledge that I have read and understand this agreement, that I have executed this agreement voluntarily, and that this agreement is to be binding upon myself, my heirs, spouse, children, parents, guardians, next of kin, executors, administrators and legal or personal representatives.
Today's Date: July 3, 2020