Our 2020 COVID-19 Policies and Procedures include:
- Increased hand washing with soap and water
- Decreased contact between groups
- Limited indoor time
- Activities with only those outfitters who are following CDC’s COVID-19 policies
- Staff education and training
- Following up-to-date guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the American Camp Association
Details available at: https://famous-adventures.com/pages/covid-19
Our daily check-in procedure now includes camper screening:
- Campers and parents will stay in or by their cars and wait for a Famous Adventures staff to come check them in (i.e., parents, please practice social distancing)
- Staff will check camper temperatures with a forehead thermometer and ask routine COVID-19 risk factor questions. Please know these are uniform procedures and not in any way personal to any camper.
- Staff and campers will be required to wear a mask during check in and check out, while riding in the van, at the climbing wall, and when interacting with vendors (very limited contact with all vendors, but this may include having a climbing harness checked, fitting kayaks, etc)
- Campers or staff are not allowed to attend if:
- has traveled by airplane, or cruise ship in the previous 14 days
- has traveled to CDC area of widespread ongoing transmission with travel restrictions in the previous 14 days
- lives with person infected with COVID-19 at any time, or has a known exposure to a person with COVID-19
- presenting with a fever over 100.4 on our forehead thermometer
- presenting with a persistent, dry cough; sore throat; or new shortness of breath
- Campers will wash hands before joining their group.
- Campers who develop symptoms during the day will be removed from the group and sent home immediately.
Campers and staff are required to bring masks, and they may be required during certain activities throughout the day. Campers are responsible for keeping up with and using their personal gear.
We understand that carriers of COVID-19 can be asymptomatic. Even with screening, we cannot guarantee that your child will not be exposed to the virus either at camp or traveling to and from. We will do everything possible to minimize risk while still operating within our camp structure. As a local business, we are also relying on the good faith of all Famous Adventures families to work together in protecting our campers.
COVID-19 Waiver for Summer 2020
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending Famous Adventures and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Famous Adventures may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Famous Adventures employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself, including but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at or participation in Famous Adventures programming (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Famous Adventures, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Famous Adventures, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Famous Adventures program.