RELEASE OF LIABILITY
IN CONSIDERATION OF my child/ward being allowed to participate in any way in the Christian Homeschool Athletes of North Texas (CHANT) related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
The risks of injury and illness (ex: communicable diseases such as MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19) to my child from the activities involved in these programs are significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risks of serious injury and illness do exist; and,
FOR MYSELF, SPOUSE, AND CHILD, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume full responsibility for my child’s participation; and,
I willingly agree to comply with the program’s stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant concern in my child’s readiness for participation and/or in the program itself, I will remove my child from the participation and bring such attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
I myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Christian Homeschool Athletes of North Texas (CHANT); its directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property incident to my child’s involvement or participation in these programs, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I, for myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS all the above Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I, the parent/guardian, assert that I have explained to my child/ward: the risks of the activity, his/her responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations, and that my child/ward understands this agreement.
I, FOR MYSELF, MY SPOUSE, AND CHILD/WARD, HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT WE HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
WAIVER/RELEASE FOR COMMUNICABLE DISEASES INCLUDING COVID-19
ASSUMPTION OF RISK / WAIVER OF LIABILITY / INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
In consideration of being allowed to participate on behalf of Christian HomeSchool Athletes of North Texas (CHANT) athletic program and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and,
I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation as regards protection against infectious diseases. If, however, I observe and any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS (insert name of sports organization) their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IF FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION)
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian, with legal responsibility for this participant, have read and explained the provisions in this waiver/release to my child/ward including the risks of presence and participation and his/her personal responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations for protection against communicable diseases. Furthermore, my child/ward understands and accepts these risks and responsibilities. I for myself, my spouse, and child/ward do consent and agree to his/her release provided above for all the Releasees and myself, my spouse, and child/ward do release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees for any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s/ward’s presence or participation in these activities as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent provided by law.
EMERGENCY INFORMATION & TRAVEL CONSENT
I/we hereby grant consent to any and all health care providers designated by Christian HomeSchool Athletes of North Texas (CHANT) to provide my child any necessary medical care as a result of any injury/illness.
I give permission for my child to be transported by any CHANT employee, coach, administrator, or otherwise designated individual for the purpose of team functions and activities. I furthermore release CHANT from any liability that may be associated with such activity. If, in the judgment of any representative of CHANT, the above student should need immediate care and treatment as a result of any injury or sickness, I do hereby request, authorize, and consent to such care and treatment as may be given said student by any physician, athletic trainer, nurse, or CHANT representative. I do hereby agree to indemnify and save harmless CHANT and any CHANT or hospital representative from any claim by any person on account of such care and treatment of said student.
In consideration of participation in the Christian HomeSchool Athletes of North Texas (CHANT), the undersigned agrees that their likeness, or the likeness of their child/ward may be photographed or videotaped and that such image may be published in an outlet used to promote or publicize the sports program.
As a CHANT athlete, I understand and agree to the following:
- I will display good sportsmanship and appropriate behavior always: during practice and during all games, whether I am participating or just a spectator cheering for one of the CHANT teams.
- I will treat all other players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators with respect at all times. I will be familiar with the team or individual sport’s rules and abide by them at all times.
- I will accept the decisions of coaches and officials without talking back, argument or complaint.
- I will accept the outcome of all games, win or lose, with grace and courtesy.
- I will lead positive cheers which praise CHANT teams without antagonizing the opponents.
- I will show respect for CHANT and all public gymnasiums, fields, property and equipment.
- If my behavior during practice or games is deemed inappropriate by coaches or officials, I will immediately cease that behavior and comply with any requests made, this may include ejection from practice or a game and removal from the immediate area.
- If warranted by the CHANT Coach or CHANT Board, the consequences of an offensive behavior may cause a temporary or permanent suspension from playing with the CHANT team and/or Organization.
As the parent or guardian of a CHANT athlete, I understand and agree to the following:
- I will role model good sportsmanship and appropriate behavior for my own and all children involved in the CHANT sports organization and encourage other parents and spectators to do the same.
- I will treat all players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect always and encourage my child to do the same.
- I will promote the CHANT sports organization’s ideals by stressing doing one’s best and exemplifying good sportsmanship, win or lose.
- If I have any concern regarding the direction of the team or my child, I will be sure to speak to the coaches after a practice or a deemed appropriate time to discuss the matter respectfully with them and not speak publicly to others about it without the coach’s knowledge.
- I will trust that the coach has my child’s best interest at heart.
- I will refrain from using alcohol, illegal substances and inappropriate language during and while at the site of all CHANT practices and games.
- If my behavior at practice or games is deemed inappropriate by coaches or officials, I will immediately cease that behavior and comply with any requests made including removal of myself from the immediate area.
- If warranted by the CHANT Board, the consequences of an offensive behavior may cause a temporary or permanent suspension for my children to play sports with the CHANT Organization and my family from being members of the CHANT Organization.
CHANT UNIFORM & GEAR USE AGREEMENT
The CHANT player and his/her parent(s) agree to accept a set of CHANT uniforms/gear for use during the football season with the understanding that they are responsible for proper use, laundering, and the return of the uniform/gear set at the end of the season. The CHANT player and his/her parent(s) agree to pay a replacement fee to CHANT for any uniform piece or gear that is damaged or not returned at the end of the season. Reasonable wear on the uniform is not considered damage.
Game Use Only: The issued uniform pieces are only to be worn during official CHANT Football games by the player to whom they were issued. Do not wear uniforms to practice or skills. Do not loan to any other player. The responsibility for the uniform lies entirely with the player and their parent(s).
Uniform Return: All uniforms will be collected by your Team Administrator after your team’s final game or at the Annual Team Awards Dinner.
1. I agree to return all CHANT issued items to the CHANT organization at the requested appointed time.
2. All pieces of the uniform or equipment will be washed and returned in clean and good, usable condition.
3. If damage is caused by me to the equipment/uniform, I agree to pay for replacement of item(s). Replacement costs are:
a. Game Jersey - $135 each
b. Game Pants - $90 each
c. Football Pad Girdle - $45 each
d. Equipment Bag - $25 each
e. Shoulder Pads - $249 each
f. Helmet - $400
g. Practice Pants - $35 each
h. Practice Jersey - $25 each
4. I agree to launder the uniform in the safe water temperature indicated on the garment’s care tag.
5. I agree to hang, or lay flat to dry, any imprinted uniform pieces.
6. I agree that I will not use the issued item(s) for any unrelated CHANT activity unless preapproved by my head coach.
Acknowledging that you have read this document indicates that you understand and will comply to the guidelines set forth in the Chant Uniform & Gear Use Agreement.