I understand that to be placed on the FCTC Statewide Eligibility List, a candidate must:
♦ Be 18 years of age or older - Must enter your date of birth in your profile
♦ Possess a valid driver's license - Must upload to your profile AND keep current
♦ Have a high school diploma or GED - Must enter highest education in your profile
♦ Possess a valid Cal-JAC CPAT card - CPAT results are uploaded automatically by FCTC
♦ Receive a passing score of 70% or higher on the FCTC Written Test
I further understand that the California Firefighter Joint Apprenticeship Committee (Cal-JAC) and its subsidiary FCTC have no role in hiring decisions. The FCTC Written Test is solely to determine if the candidate’s test score qualifies him/her to be placed on the FCTC Statewide Eligibility List. Passing the Written Test DOES NOT guarantee the candidate will receive an offer of employment.
I authorize the Cal-JAC and FCTC to provide any and all information from my FCTC profile to any potential hiring agency. I further authorize FCTC to remove my name from the Statewide Eligibility List upon notification of employment from a hiring agency.
CANDIDATE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
FCTC WRITTEN TEST EVENTS
FCTC appreciates the patience and understanding our candidates and departments have shown during this unprecedented time. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have instituted strict safety policies and procedures. A failure to follow required protocols will result in a dismissal from the site. Please read the following thoroughly prior to event:
Paper waivers are no longer provided at check-in. Candidates must complete this digital acknowledgement that they have read these Candidate Policies and Procedures.
• Candidates must adhere to the signage, floor markings, and Event room instructions at all times. Two (2) warnings will be given for not adhering to these requirements. An additional warning (3) will result in dismissal from the event.
• Candidates may sit at any of the open seats available.
• Chairs must remain in designated spots.
• One (1) candidate at a time will be allowed to use the restroom.
Check-in for Written Test
• HEALTH CHECK: Candidates who have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, and/or any symptoms of lower respiratory illness such as a cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, or sore throat will not be allowed to participate in the event and will be rescheduled at no cost. Candidates will be asked to move to a designated area and the Written Test Administrator will be with them shortly to discuss next steps.
• PROOF OF IDENTITY: Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, a current passport, or a state-issued I.D. in order to participate. Candidates will be asked to hold up their proof of identity to enable easy viewing. Candidates will proceed to a seat when instructed to do so.
• PERSONAL BELONGINGS: Candidates will not be permitted to bring any personal belongings into the testing facility, including cell phones, watches, hats, food/drink, water bottles, backpacks, notebooks, and calculators. The only items allowed are the candidate’s keys and identification.
Check-out for Written Tests
• Candidates who have completed their test must raise their hands and wait until the Test Administrator dismisses them before proceeding to check-out with their optical scan form and test booklet.
If you have any questions regarding these policies and procedures, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.