I understand that to be placed on the FCTC Statewide Eligibility List, a candidate must:
♦ Be 18 years of age or older - Must enter your date of birth in your profile
♦ Possess a valid driver's license - Must upload to your profile AND keep current
♦ Have a high school diploma or GED - Must enter highest education in your profile
♦ Possess a valid Cal-JAC CPAT card - CPAT results are uploaded automatically by FCTC
♦ Receive a passing score of 70% or higher on today's FCTC Written Test
I further understand that the California Firefighter Joint Apprenticeship Committee (Cal-JAC) and its subsidiary FCTC have no role in hiring decisions. The FCTC Written Test is solely to determine if the candidate’s test score qualifies him/her to be placed on the FCTC Statewide Eligibility List. Passing the Written Test DOES NOT guarantee the candidate will receive an offer of employment.
I authorize the Cal-JAC and FCTC to provide any and all information from my FCTC profile to any potential hiring agency. I further authorize FCTC to remove my name from the Statewide Eligibility List upon notification of employment from a hiring agency.
CANDIDATE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
FCTC WRITTEN TEST AND PREPARATORY CLASS EVENTS
FCTC appreciates the patience and understanding our candidates and departments have shown during this unprecedented time. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have instituted strict safety policies and procedures. A failure to follow required protocols will result in a dismissal from the site. Please Read the Following Thoroughly Prior to Event.
• Candidates who have any symptoms of lower respiratory illness such as a cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, or sore throat are required to reschedule their event.
• Forms and Waivers: Paper waivers are no longer provided at check-in. Candidates must complete a digital waiver as well as this acknowledgement they have read these Candidate Policies and Procedures.
• All event sites will be sanitized prior to, during, and after all FCTC Events. This includes tables, chairs, countertops, restrooms, etc.
• Hand sanitizers will be placed at the check-in area and in the Event room. Keep in mind that frequent handwashing is the best method for maintaining safety.
• Pencils will be sanitized after each use and placed in a storage bag labeled with date of last use. Sanitized pencils will not be used more frequently than once per week.
Facial Coverings and Gloves
• The Event administrator, instructor and staff will wear facial coverings throughout the Event process and gloves when interacting with any paper materials.
• Candidates are required to wear a face covering prior to entering the Event facility and at all times while inside the Event facility.
• Candidates must adhere to the signage, floor markings, and Event room instructions at all times, which are designed to adhere to Social Distancing requirements. Two (2) warnings will be given for not adhering to these requirements. An additional warning (3) will result in dismissal from the event.
• Candidates may sit at any of the open seats available. Seats will be spaced to conform to social distancing guidelines.
• One (1) candidate will be seated at each table.
• Chairs must remain in designated spots.
• One (1) candidate at a time will be allowed to use the restroom.
Check-in for Written Test
• HEALTH CHECK: If a candidate has signs of a respiratory illness and/or a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, they will not be allowed to participate in the event and will be rescheduled at no cost to them. Candidates will be asked to move to a designated area and the Written Test Administrator will be with them shortly to discuss next steps.
• SNEEZE GAURD: There will be a sneeze guard in front of the check-in table. Candidates must remain in front of the guard and not reach around or move to the side of the guard.Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, a current passport, or a state issued I.D. Candidates will be asked to hold up their proof of identity in front of the clear barrier so staff can easily view it.
• PROOF OF IDENTITY: Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, state issued I.D., or a current passport. Candidates will be asked to hold up their proof of identity in front of the sneeze guard to enable staff to easily view it. Candidates will proceed to a seat when instructed to do so.
• WRISTBANDS: In place of wristbands, candidates’ optical scan forms will now have a sticker with their Candidate ID number.
• PERSONAL ITEMS: Candidates will not be permitted to bring any personal items into the testing room, including, but not limited to, cell phones, watches, water bottles, notebooks, hats, or sunglasses. As part of the registration process, FCTC staff will ask if the candidate has brought any personal items with them. Any such items must be returned to the candidate’s vehicle. Failure to do so will result in an automatic dismissal from the test. A special exception will be made for those candidates who have taken public transportation to the testing facility or have arrived in a vehicle that does not allow for safe storage (e.g. motorcycle, scooter). These candidates will be provided with a storage bag to store any personal items and will be instructed to leave this bag at a designated location to be retrieved upon the candidate’s completion of their test.
Check-out for Written Tests
• Candidates who have completed their test must raise their hands and wait until the Test Administrator dismisses them before proceeding to check-out with their optical scan form and test booklet.
• Candidates are required to maintain social distancing by standing on the floor markings.
• Candidates must remain in front of the sneeze guard and not reach around or move to the side of the guard.
Check-in for Test Preparatory Classes
• HEALTH CHECK: If a candidate has signs of a respiratory illness and/or a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, they will not be allowed to participate in the event and will be rescheduled at no cost.
• SNEEZE GAURD: There will be a sneeze guard in front of the check-in table. Candidates must remain in front of the guard and not reach around or move to the side of the guard.
• PROOF OF IDENTITY: Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, a current passport, or a state issued I.D. Candidates will be asked to hold up their proof of identity in front of the sneeze guard to enable easy viewing. Candidates will proceed to a seat when instructed to do so.
Check-out for Test Preparatory Classes
• At the conclusion of the Test Preparatory Class candidates will be dismissed one at a time under the direction of the Class Instructor. For a quick reply to any questions regarding these policies and procedures, please send an email to email@example.com. At this time, phone calls go to voicemail and you will not receive a response as quickly as an email inquiry.