PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration of the services of Action Zipline, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “AZ”), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge AZ, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in zipline, rock climbing and pinzgauer tour activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: the possibility of rough terrain; slips and falls; rope burns; pinches, scrapes, twists and jolts that could result in scratches, bruises, sprains, lacerations, fractures, concussions, or even more severe life threatening hazards; the use of ropes, harnesses, and other equipment; the forces of nature, including lightning and rapid weather changes; the risk of falling from significant heights, standing or walking near slopes and steep cliffs; passengers can be jolted, jarred, bounced, thrown about and otherwise shaken during rides; it is possible that riders could be injured if they come into contact with other passengers or equipment; injuries can be sustained from the trail, equipment or from items on the trail such as holes, bumps, ruts, obstacles, tree limbs and branches or rocks; major injuries are a risk as are bruises and sprains; further, passengers can be thrown off the vehicles which can result in any of the above occurring; collisions, and flipping over; exposure to potentially dangerous wild animals, insect bites, and hazardous plant life; exposure to the elements which could cause hypothermia, hyperthermia (heat related illnesses), heat exhaustion, sunburn, dehydration; accidents or illness can occur in remote places without medical facilities; the machine itself may fail; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with the activity.
Furthermore, AZ employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in the activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless AZ from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in the activity or my use of AZ’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of AZ.
4. Should AZ or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against AZ, I agree to do so solely in the state of California, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
7. I authorize AZ, its employees, and/or agents the right to take photographs/video, and to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter known, and exclusively for the purpose of AZ. I waive any rights, claims, or interest I may have to control the use of my likeness in whatever media used.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against AZ on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Action Zipline Inc. (‘The Company’) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the company cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending the company could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending the company and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the company may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, the company employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at the company or participation in the company activities (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the company, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the company, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any company program.
Today's Date: October 26, 2021