This is a binding legal agreement. As a Participant in the programs, activities and events of the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following terms.
1. Indemnification and Hold Harmless Clause
TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against TPASC Inc., and its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, independent contractors, subcontractors, sponsors, successors, representatives and assigns (all of whom are hereinafter collectively referred to as "the Releasees"), and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer resulting from either my use of or my presence on the facilities or travel due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence, breach of contract, mistakes or errors in judgment, or from injuries resulting from mechanical breakdown or failure of equipment, or poor design or placement of any equipment or breach of any statutory or other duty of care, including any duty of care under the Occupiers Liability Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter O.2 on the part of the Releasees, and also including the failure on the part of the Releasees to safeguard or protect me from the risks, dangers and hazards of the activities I choose to partake in
TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against the Releasees", and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer, resulting from any bacterial and/or viral infection and resultant disease or sickness which I may contract (including but not limited to SARS-CoV-2(COVID-19)) either by my use of or my presence on the facilities or travel due to any cause whatsoever, including, but not limited to negligence, breach of contract, mistakes or errors in judgment, or from injuries resulting from, but not limited to, any failure or negligence on the part of the Releasees to clean and disinfect or monitor the cleaning and disinfecting of the facilities and the equipment including, but not being limited to ropes, carabiners, quick draws, bolt hangers, and all anchors, or the breach of any statutory or other duty of care by the Releasees, including any duty of care under the Occupiers Liability Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter O.2 and also including the failure on the part of the Releasees to safeguard or protect me from contracting any bacterial and/or viral infection (including but not limited to SARS-CoV-2(COVID-19));
2. Property Brought into Facility
TORONTO PAN AM SPORTS CENTRE is not responsible for any property or items brought into or onto the Facility at any time.
TORONTO PAN AM SPORTS CENTRE is a smoke free area, smoking anywhere on TORONTO PAN AM SPORTS CENTRE property is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
4. Incident Reporting Requirement
Following an incident or accident, an “Incident Report Form” must be completed with the aid of TORONTO PAN AM SPORTS CENTRE staff. An “Incident Report Form” is required if medical or first aid attention is required OR if loss or damage to TORONTO PAN AM SPORTS CENTRE property occurs.
5. Payment for Damages
The User shall pay for all damages to TORONTO PAN AM SPORTS CENTRE property arising from the use of the Facility where the User or those in attendance in connection with this User Agreement is deemed responsible for such damage.
The facility of TORONTO PAN AM SPORTS CENTRE is a licensed facility. No alcohol shall be brought in from outside sources or consumed in locker/change rooms.
TORONTO PAN AM SPORTS CENTRE is committed to protecting the personal information of all users by following best practices. The collection of personal information will be gathered to better serve our clientele and to also ensure the safety of all TORONTO PAN AM SPORTS CENTRE users. Information gathering will relate to registration and payment, program delivery, and to fulfill regulatory obligations.
The user agrees that if, despite the following of the best practices by TORONTO PAN AM SPORTS CENTRE, the foregoing commitment is breached, there will be no claim or right to any damages or reimbursement on the account of any loss, damage, or expense whatsoever.
8. Adherence to Laws
The User shall abide by all City of Toronto By-laws and all applicable legislation and regulations of the province of Ontario as they pertain to the use of the Facility
9. Laws of Ontario
The validity and interpretation of this User Agreement and of each clause and part hereof, shall be governed by the Laws of Ontario.
By signing and dating below you agree that you are the participant and to be bound by this Legal Agreement even if you have not read this agreement.
HIGH PERFORMANCE RETURN TO SPORT AT THE TORONTO PAN AM SPORTS CENTRE
Welcome back to TPASC!
We are very happy to welcome you back to the facility and want to emphasize that safety is our priority.
We have instituted measures that adhere to public health guidelines and government directives regarding Covid-19. We ask that you follow all safety protocols and controls as you get back to training and access the facility.
Please see below for Covid-19 safety protocols:
- The north parking lot has been assigned as your parking- please find a parking spot distanced from other cars and follow the directives from your sport leaders as to how you travel to the facility.
- You will be required to arrive at the centre in an agreed upon 15-minute window.
- Pre-identified staff and athletes will be required to check-in through an access control area which will have the following measures in place:
- You must be wearing a mask
- A temperature check will be taken
- A series of screening questions will be administered
- An approved training plan with timeframes must be followed which includes scheduled entry to CSIO strength and conditioning area via the double doors upon which athletes and coaches must follow all CSIO safety protocols. Entry to the Competition Pool will be via the north staircase outside the CSIO double doors where entry will be staggered to maintain physical distancing.
- Athletes and coaches will not have access to any areas on level 2 and are not to enter the doors to the main hallway.
- Athlete entry to the competition pool will be via a right turn at level 1 out of the stairwell and a left turn at Doping Control/Studio 4 which leads to the double doors between the competition and dive pools. Markings will be in place to guide staff and athletes.
- Athletes and staff must enter staggered and proceed directly to assigned HP locker and washroom areas- athletes are to arrive showered and product free. There will be no access to showers and non-HP assigned areas.
- Agreed upon lane ratios must be maintained at all times.
- Athlete traffic between CSIO and the Competition Pool will follow the pattern outlined and scheduled to avoid athletes passing each other in staircase- traffic must be one-directional.
- Athletes will have a scheduled 15-minute window to check-out and depart the facility- there will be no access to any other areas of the facility and socializing will not be permitted.
“Dream Big, Stay Safe”