PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration of the services of Hatteras Watersports Inc., owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "HW"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge HW, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in jet ski, personal watercraft, kayaks, paddleboards and sail boating activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: slips and falls; accidental drowning; watercraft capsize and entrapment; travel in remote areas; collision with objects or other watercraft; rapidly changing adverse weather and water conditions; watercrafts are slippery when wet and accidents can occur getting in, out, on or off; exhaustion; exposure to the elements of the outdoors and natural surroundings which could cause cold water shock, hypothermia, hyperthermia (heat related illnesses), heat exhaustion, sunburn, dehydration; exposure to potentially dangerous wild animals, insect bites, and hazardous plant life; aggressive and/or poisonous marine life; passengers can be jolted, jarred, bounced, thrown about and otherwise shaken during rides; passengers can be thrown off the vehicles; the negligence of other operators of vehicles, watercrafts, or myself; equipment failure; accidents involving other watercrafts, or other vehicles; collision with fixed or movable objects; collisions, and flipping over; accidents or illness can occur in remote places without medical facilities; transmissible pathogen or disease; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity.
Furthermore, HW personnel have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. Additionally, I agree to wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (life jacket) while participating in this activity.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless HW from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of HW’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of HW.
4. Should HW or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against HW, I agree to do so solely in the state of North Carolina, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against HW on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I also agree that this document is valid for subsequent visits and participation at HW. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
Rental and Safety Agreement
I Agree 1) I am responsible for any damage to my equipment, equipment belonging to anyone else, or equipment belonging to Hatteras Watersports Inc. I understand any and all damage will be assessed on the spot and may exceed the damage deposit held ($500 Per Jet Ski). This will include down time of the equipment while being repaired.
I Agree 2) Since reckless boating will not be tolerated, I will not race or follow any other watercraft and I will remain a safe Distance of at least 300 FEET FROM ALL WATERCRAFT AT ALL TIMES. I will also stay 300 feet from docks,Duck blinds, pilings, flagpoles and obstructions. I will stay to the right when passing other watercraft. I will stay clear of any windsurfers, kite surfers or sailboats as they have the right of way.
I Agree 3) I agree to remain at idle speed (Do not squeeze trigger) through the yellow buoys, as this will cause severe damage to the Jet Ski. I agree not to start the engine at launch area without the instructor’s permission. I agree to use the designated riding area only. (Instructor will explain area). Map is posted for clarity.
I Agree 4) All RIDER EXCHANGES ARE TO BE PERFORMED AT THE LAUNCH AREA WITH INSTRUCTOR.
I Agree 5) Drivers must be at least 16 years old (with proper id) to operate Waverunners. Max combined weight is 450 pounds
I Agree 6) I will follow all instruction and safety rules given by instructor(s)