SEVEN BAYS BOULDERING & SEVEN BAYS BOULDERING BAYERS LAKE
Acknowledgement and Assumption of Risks
WARNING: There are significant elements of risk in any sport or activity associated with a rock gym bouldering area, incidental fitness training regimens and equipment (referred to herein as "Activity"). We wish to remind you this activity is not without risk. Certain risks cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of the activity. The same elements that contribute to the unique character of the activity can be causes of loss or damage to your equipment, or accidental injury, illness, or in extreme cases, permanent trauma or death. We do not want to frighten you or reduce your enthusiasm for the activity, but we do think it is important for you to know in advance what to expect and be informed of the inherent risks.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISKS: I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES SOME, BUT NOT ALL THE RISKS OF INDOOR ROCK CLIMBING:
- Slips, trips, falls or painful crashes while using the facilities or equipment, climbing walls, bouldering areas, landing pits, floors below climbing areas, work-out areas, bathroom facilities, or stairs;
- Risk associated with crossing, climbing, or down-climbing;
- Misuse of equipment or facilities, or failure of equipment;
- The risk that my health and physical strength, coordination, sense of balance, and ability to follow or give directions while climbing, belaying, or working out may not be sufficient to practice safely the sport of indoor rock climbing;
- Fatigue, chill and/or dizziness, which may diminish my/our reaction time and increase the risk of accident;
- Abrasion with bouldering wall texture and hold's texture.
- The presence, actions or falls of other participants.
I understand the description of these risks is not complete and that other unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury, illness, or death.
HEALTH AND PHYSICAL CONDITION
I confirm that I am in proper physical condition and I suffer from no personal health issues that prevent me from participating in the activities of SEVEN BAYS BOULDERING and SEVEN BAYS BOULDERING BAYERS LAKE.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I assume the risk(s) of personal injury, accidents and/or illness, including but not limited to: sprains, torn muscles and/or ligaments; fractured or broken bones; eye damage; cuts, wounds, scrapes, abrasions, and/or contusions; dehydration, oxygen shortage (anoxia), exposure and/or altitude sickness; head, neck, and/or spinal injuries; shock, paralysis, and/or death.
INFECTIONS AND COVID 19
In compliance with health measures for COVID-19, it is possible that access to Seven Bays Bouldering and/or Seven Bays Bouldering Bayers Lake may not be granted.
Any false declaration will result in the expulsion from both Seven Bays Bouldering facilities for a period lasting until the complete lifting of restrictions concerning COVID-19. During the entire period of expulsion, access to both Seven Bays Bouldering facilities and their services will be denied to the person at fault.
I understand that measures are put in place to protect the health and safety of everyone. Since there is no such thing as zero risk, I also understand that despite the measures in place, there is still a risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other infection, fungus or parasite.
I accept that Seven Bays Bouldering and Seven Bays bouldering Bayers Lake are not responsible for the contraction of COVID-19 or any other infection, fungus or parasite
I accept to respect these measures as well as all directives from government authorities in this matter and I accept the risk involved in climbing at Seven Bays Bouldering and Seven Bays Bouldering Bayers Lake.
AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY THE RULES AND REGULATIONS
I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of SEVEN BAYS BOULDERING and SEVEN BAYS BOULDERING BAYERS LAKE, which are posted on the bulletin board on the floor of the gym. A written copy of the rules and regulations will be made available on request.
SEVEN BAYS BOULDERING and SEVEN BAYS BOULDERING BAYERS LAKE reserve the right to refuse access to any climber who does not conform with rules and regulations or who demonstrate an unsafe attitude toward safety in indoor climbing while at SEVEN BAYS BOULDERING and SEVEN BAYS BOULDERING BAYERS LAKE.
Please read the citation below and sign your initials in the space provided to indicate that you have read and accepted the statement.
* I have read and understood the foregoing acknowledgment of risks and assumption of risk and responsibility and that I will abide by the rules and regulations of SEVEN BAYS BOULDERING and SEVEN BAYS BOULDERING BAYERS LAKE.
Please sign on the bottom of this page to indicate your acknowledgement and acceptance of the risks as stated in this document.
Today's Date: June 1, 2023