2020 Work Share Member Program Agreement
Description of Program
A work share member (WSM) commits to working 50 hours in the calendar year 2020 for Revolutionary Earth in return for a full share of produce. Half shares are available at 25 hours in the season for an individual share. Any labor hours contributed in the gardens count toward the fifty-hour total, but work share members may also contribute time harvesting, packaging, delivering, serving in leadership, marketing, social media, procurement of supplies, and whatever else they may be called on to do as part of the organization.
We strive as an organization to provide the best produce we can on a consistent basis from the week that we begin delivery until the end of the season. However, we cannot guarantee the quantity, variety, or quality of our produce for WSMs nor can we predict the length of the season. Service may be interrupted from week to week, or the harvest may not be as productive as we anticipated. These are risks that the WSM acknowledges and assumes in this agreement.
WSMs are responsible to log the time they put in for Revolutionary Earth. A WSM can log her hours however she likes, but the three pieces of information we require are
- time and day worked
- location of the work
- nature of the work
This will help us gather data about where our labor was spread this year and provide helpful metrics for increasing efficiency next year.
- Hours logged should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at the end of every month in the season.
- If a WSM works more than 50 hours, she should continue to log hours and submit them.
- If a half-share WSM works over 25 hours, she may become eligible for a full-share box within the course of a season.
- It is highly recommended that the WSM use a time logging app to log hours, such as Toggl.
Receipt of Produce Boxes
- WSMs begin receiving a produce box appropriate to their commitment of either 25 or 50 hours, as soon as harvest begins until the last week of harvest.
- WSMs are responsible for picking up their produce box from a packaging site of their choosing.
- If a WSM is unable to pick up her share, she may choose to authorize someone else to pick it up, or donate that week’s share to the subscribers, to a steward, to any of the food charity organizations that Revolutionary Earth supplies.
Donation of Shares
A WSM can choose to donate her share to a subscriber or to a food charity that Revolutionary Earth supplies. This decision can be made on a weekly basis or can be made for the entire year. The WSM should still log hours and remain committed to fulfilling all fifty hours of her commitment for the season.
There are three ways that a WSM will be considered in default of the program.
- has not signed a volunteer waiver and a work share member agreement
- has not logged hours in the garden totaling at least 10% of committed hours before the first produce harvest (volunteers committed to non-gardening activities exclusively are exempt from this)
- has failed to log more than 50% of total hours before September 15
Produce boxes will not be provided for WSMs in default under they remedy the conditions that put them in default.
If a WSM has extenuating circumstances that make him unable to finish his seasonal hours, his share will be donated to the subscription program or he may be considered for food insecurity and receive the produce box as a subscriber himself.