INFORMED CONSENT & POLICIES
BY SIGNING BELOW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
Therapeutic massage is not a substitute for traditional medical treatment or medications and the massage therapist does not diagnose illnesses and injuries or prescribe medications. You have clearance from your physician to receive massage therapy and give your permission to receive it. You will also inform your massage therapist of all medical conditions, allergies, and medications and will update them if there are any changes. You understand there may be additional risks based on your physical condition. The risks associated with massage therapy (such as cupping, gua sha, Ashiatsu, hot stones, deep tissue, etc.) include, but are not limited to, superficial bruising, short-term muscle soreness, burns, & exacerbation of undiscovered injury; as well as any miscarriages, early labor, and other pregnancy complications that could occur during or after prenatal massage. You therefore release Vita Nova Massage PLLC and Antonietta Ramirez, LMT, and Owner from all liability concerning these injuries that may occur during the session. It is your responsibility to inform the massage therapist of any discomfort you may feel during the massage session, so they may adjust accordingly. At any time, you or the massage therapist may terminate the session. Throughout the service, the massage therapist will always use a drape, meaning a blanket and sheet, for your security and modesty.
There is no genital massage or perineal massage (massaging the tissues between the anus and genitals) and any illicit or sexual innuendos or advances will result in termination of the session and you will be liable for full payment of the session. To keep professional boundaries set by the law, the massage therapist does not fraternize or date their clients. All communication between you and the massage therapist, such as conversation during sessions, phone calls, texts, letters, or e-mails is confidential within constraints of the law. This also applies to any session documentation and intake forms, which will always be secured. You also give permission for the massage therapist to contact your emergency contact(s) in case of an emergency.
Vita Nova Massage PLLC charges a 100% cancellation fee for appointments rescheduled or cancelled without 24 hours notice and for no call/no shows. Please respect your massage therapist's time and the supplies and utilities used to prepare for your session.
COVID-19 OFFICE PROTOCOLS
BY SIGNING BELOW, YOU AGREE TO FOLLOW THESE PROTOCOLS:
- Temperatures will be checked with a contact-less thermometer to screen for Covid-19. Any high temperatures, recent travel, or other Covid-19 symptoms being displayed will require the session to be rescheduled.
- Hands will need to be washed before entering the massage studio.
- A Covid-19 waiver/notice will need to be signed before every session.
- Masks are required to be worn throughout the whole session for safety and liability purposes. No mask, no service, no exceptions. Facial massages are suspended until further notice.
- No guests are allowed in the waiting areas or massage studio and appointments will be staggered by an hour, so no back-to-back sessions with friends or family. This is to ensure your massage therapist has adequate time to air out the room and to thoroughly complete cleaning/sanitizing protocols set by the CDC, OSHA, and DOH.