I hereby assume all of the risks of participating in Bridgeville Rollerplex LLC, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may raise from negligence of carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained or controlled by then because of their possible liability without fault.
I certify that I am physically fit and have not been advised to not particpate by a qualified medical professional, I certify that there are no health- related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in Bridgeville Rollerplex. I acknowledge that this is an accident waiver and release of liabilty for that will be used by the managers and owners of Bridgeville Rollerplex.
I hereby take action for myself, my executors, adminstrators, heirs, next of kin and assigns as follows:
I waive, release, and discharfe from any and all liabilty, including but not limited to liabilty arising from negligence or fault of the entires of persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from Bridgeville Rollerplex LLC
I indemify, hold harmless and promise not to use the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation at the Bridgeville Rollerplex LLC whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
I acknowledge that Bridgeville Rollerplex may carry with it the potential for death, serious injury and peronsal loss. The risks may invlude but are not limited to, those caused by terrain. facilities, temperature, weather, conditon of participants. equipment, vehicular traffic, actions of other people including but not limited to participants, employees, volunteers, spectators, coaches, managers, owners, players, and lack of hydration.
I consent and agree that ALL Bridgeville Rollerplex LLC and/or their owners, mangers, employees, coaches, agents, representavtives or volunteers may take photographs or digital recordings of me in a particpant during this event and use these in any and all media for training and promtional purposes. I further consents that my identity may be revealed therein or by description text or commentary. I waive any rights, claims or interest and I understand that here will be no financial or other remuneration.
THe accident waiver, release of liabilty and image release shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
I certify that I have read this document and I fully understand its content. I am aware that this is a release of liabilty and a contract and I sign it on my own free will.
The risks of injury and illness (ex: communicable diseases such as MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19) from the activities involved in this program are significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risks of serious injury and illness do exist; and,
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
• Individuals using this facility do so at their own risk. The property owners, league operators, officers, staff, et al, of the Bridgeville Rollerplex assume no liability for any injuries or accidents which may occur.
• ALL GAMES ARE NON-CHECKING.
• Goalies playing in the PUCK League are required to wear Inline Skates (skater or goalie skates). Goalies playing in the BALL League are permitted to wear shoes if they prefer.
• Players are not permitted to leave their gear at the Rollerplex overnight.
• BRP reserves the right to update these Rules and Regulations at any time.
• All Players must wear HECC certified helmets (certified within five years) with chin straps – NO EXCEPTIONS! Some examples of non-HECC certified helmets (illegal helmets) are: Jofa Gretsky model, Jofa Lemieux/Selanne model, Mylec helmet, old Cooper helmet. If you are unsure if your helmet is legal, please check with BRP staff or officials BEFORE your game.
• YOUTH LEAGUES/TEAMS: Players under 18 must wear full face shield.– HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR EVERYONE!
• Players must wear: shin guards, with long pants or hockey socks, hockey gloves (NO Mylec dekhockey gloves, garden gloves, etc...), elbow pads, covered with long sleeves, and cup supporter. NO SHORT PANTS OR SHORT SLEEVED HOCKEY JERSEY. ALL EQUIPMENT MUST BE COVERED.
• Highly recommended: Chest protector, girdle (provides thigh, hip, and tailbone protection), mouth pieces for adults (provides shock protection in collisions).
• Skates must have all 4 wheels. One warning will be issued. If not remedied by next game, that Player will not play.
• Players must leave their helmets on while on the bench or in the penalty box. Pucks and Balls go out of play often. Always stay alert to the play.
• Players are required to have long sleeve MATCHING COLOR HOCKEY JERSEYS WITH THEIR OWN NUMBERS. Any Player who does not have a numbered or matching HOCKEY jersey may not be allowed to play. Numbers CAN NOT be taped on jersey. When there is a color conflict, the AWAY Team will change color.
• Teams are required to have AWAY jerseys with numbers on the back in the event that they must change for a game. We recommend always bringing a white or a black jersey. CAPTAINS, bring extra jerseys with you to ensure compliance.
• Individuals utilizing this facility do so at their own risk. The property owners, league operators, officers, and staff of the BRP assume no liability for any injuries or accidents which may occur.
• Conduct within the facility and on the rink should be in the spirit of good sportsmanship. Our leagues are competitive, but we require our players to have an “EASY GOING” mentality. Nonsense and out-of-control Players are not welcome and are subject to removal by the officials or staff.
• The BRP reserves the right to refuse play to anyone. When asked to leave the facility, the person must do so promptly. They're not permitted to remain in the parking lot, or outside seating area. People/players who do not comply with these rules face longterm bans.
• All play at BRP is non-checking.
• Any fighting will result in ejection from the facility with the possibility of a Lifetime Suspension. This includes the parking lot area/outside. The Bridgeville Rollerplex has zero tolerance for fighting.
• Fighting includes, among other things, punches, face washing, tackling, wrestling and/or aggressive action intended to injure, knock down or instigate. Players who remove their gloves during an altercation will receive a suspension for fighting. Fighting Suspensions are typically a minimum of 3 games, and will include extra games based on the severity of the action taken.
• Play is 4 on 4 plus Goalie. If a team cannot provide four rostered skaters and a goalie for their game, it will result in a forfeit. Furthermore, if the starting goalie leaves the game without a fully equipped replacement, that team will have to forfeit the game (an 8-0 loss).
• Each team must have 4 skaters and a Goalie in order to start a game. At 6 minutes past the hour a team that doesn't have the minimum requirements uses their timeout. At 8 minutes past the hour they incur a 2 minute Delay of Game penalty. At 10 minutes past the hour they incur a second 2 minute Delay of Game penalty, and the game clock begins to run. At 15 minutes past the hour if a team doesn't have 4 skaters and a goalie, they forfeit the game. We don't make exceptions to this rule, even if, at 15 minutes past the hour, their goalie is in the building. Skaters may gear up in the penalty box, though, as long as their helmet is on at all times.
• If the score reaches an 8 goal differential, the Mercy Rule is applied and it is officially over. Players may remain until their time is up, only if the game/players kept a sportsmanlike attitude throughout. The staff/officials have the right to close down the playing surface if otherwise.
• Teams that commit 10 penalties in a game forfeit the game 8 - 0 (regardless of the score up to that point), and will be required to leave the playing surface and facility. Players on the opposing team will retain their stats (Goals, Assists, Penalties & Games Played).
• BRP maintains an internal Sportsmanship Rating for teams. Teams that have a NEGATIVE Sportsmanship Rating may not be invited back in subsequent seasons. If a team finishes a season w/ an NSR, any Division Championship will not be recognized/acknowledged by the BRP. The Division will go in the books as "No Result". Causes for an NSR: Consistent Ref/Staff/Facility abuse, Multiple players w/ unsportsmanlike ejections/suspension in a season, alcohol possession, and/or unsportsmanlike behavior before/after the games.
• Teams that intentionally request placement in Divisions lower than what is appropriate may not be invited back in subsequent seasons, nor will any Division Championship be recognized/acknowledged by the BRP. The Division will go in the books as "No Result".
• No Icing – No Offsides – No Checking.
• Each game has three (3) – 15 minute running clock periods. If the game is tied after regulation, the it goes directly into a Shootout.
• Goalies can play on feet in the Ball League ONLY.
• Teams sign-up on a first-come-first-pay basis.
• All seasons are ten (10) games plus play-offs or "friendly" games for low-finishing teams. Each team will get at least eleven (11) games total.
• All teams will play one game each week (unless unforeseen schedule conflicts arise).
• Only Captains and Designated Alternate (if the captain is not present) may ask for clarification from referees during the game.
• Excess chatter (abusive language) toward other players, officials, or staff will result in penalties and or suspensions. If this occurs from people outside of the playing area/benches, BRP staff has the right to eject them from the facility.
• Drugs and alcohol are not permitted at the Rollerplex, either inside the facility or in the parking lot area. We do not allow tailgating in which those items are present. If empty cans or bottles are found in a team's locker room, each person present for that day's game may be subject to action by the Bridgeville Rollerplex.
• Any intoxicated Player will be told to leave!
• All Players must check in at the scorekeepers’ area before they go on the rink. We do not allow day-of-game add ons to the rosters. ALL requests must be submitted before 48 hours of the game for evaluation. We do this in order to maintain each Division's balance.
• BRP cannot reschedule games during inclement weather.
• Players are not permitted to leave their gear at the Rollerplex overnight.
• BRP reserves the right to update these Rules and Regulations at any time.
• Roster Sheets should be printed out from the front page of the Bridgeville Rollerplex website and completed within seven (7) days after registration. NO EXCEPTIONS. Teams that fail to provide the Rollerplex with a completed roster may lose their spot (w/ refund) to a team on the Waiting List. We also reserve the right to place the team in a higher Division than the one requested if roster is not submitted promptly.
• Teams are required to have at least one (1) representative join our Facebook Group: BRP Waiver Wire. This will help in the event that you need a goalie to fill in, or have a goalie who would like to fill in for another team, etc...
• When registering, please let us know which Division you'd like to be in (beginner / intermediate / advanced). We rank all of the teams and break down the Divisions accordingly. We will do our best to work with you if your team needs to be in a different Division.
• Each Team Roster will consist of a maximum of fifteen (15) SKATERS, plus at least one (1) GOALIE. Of the fifteen skaters, only twelve may play in a game at a time. Expanding rosters spots to fifteen allows teams to arrange for subs to fill in more easily. All fifteen players listed on the roster, however, will count towards a team's power rankings when the Divisions are built.
• Each Team Roster will have a minimum of six (6) SKATERS, plus at least one (1) GOALIE.
• Every Team must have a Captain and Co-Captain. These players are responsible for providing the Rollerplex with accurate contact information.
• Team Captains are also responsible for:
• Collecting League fees from teammates to pay as a team;
• Communicating with game officials during games;
• Submitting Team Roster before first game; within 7 days after registration.
* All rosters are set by the 5th Game! (No more roster changes). This is your play-off roster!
• Any Team that attempts to play with someone not listed on the Official Roster will face a possible forfeit, as well as a suspension for the team captain.
• All Roster requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org two (2) days BEFORE the next game. Additions are not automatic once the Divisions are set, and requests may be denied. We do not accept day-of-game additions to rosters. People who drive out to the Bridgeville Rollerplex will be turned away, and not permitted to play. CAPTAINS, make sure you communicate with the Rollerplex when looking to make roster changes.
• A Player must play in at least five (5) regular season games in order to be eligible for playoffs. As a courtesy, players who have fewer than five games, yet who DON'T have ejections or suspensions within the season will be granted eligibility after the team's tenth game has been played.
• No Player that plays in AA or NORTH Puck may play in the Deep South Ball or Puck Divisions.
• If a Player is over the age of 50 he/she can be on muliple teams in any division.
• Teams may use a non-rostered, league registered Goalie at any time during the regular season, as long as they are within their division or lower. During the playoffs, all teams must use only rostered Goalies that have played at least one (1) game for their team. Contact the facility for approval if a fill-in goalie is requested.
• The Bridgeville Rollerplex devotes resources to keeping individual statistics.
• Since the officials are asked to watch so much of the action going on, the players themselves are ultimately responsible for confirming who is involved in a given scoring play. In the event that an incorrect # is thought to have scored (or assisted), the player can, as a courtesy, call out the numbers, or speak to the scorekeeper immediately after the game to discuss stats.
• The Rollerplex takes stats seriously, and gets them right much of the time. If, however, teams desire 100% accuracy, they are STRONGLY encouraged to manage their own website, documenting their teams' history and performance. Stats like goals, assists, etc can then be tabulated by the Captain in the locker room or at his/her convenience.
• Players who are ejected from a game will not have their scoring stats recorded. If a game is called early for any reason, the scoring stats from that game will not be recorded.
• Players who receive suspensions, and who are abusive toward the staff, officials, or other players may have their scoring stats removed from the BRP Website.
• The only time statistics can be changed is as stated above. Please do not contact the Rollerplex/Staff during the week. Once the day's games are uploaded to our website, all tallies are final. The only exception is if the final score of the game itself has been entered incorrectly.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in (insert legal name of sports organization) athletic sports program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that: