The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to be spread mainly from person-to-person contact, including individuals without disease symptoms. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited or limited the congregation of groups of people.
The health and well-being of our players, coaches, and families remains our top priority. In order to minimize the risk of COVID-19 entering our environment and spreading amongst our community, we will only allow coaches and players in the facility at their scheduled practice time. No spectators will be allowed.
Furthermore, all participants in sponsored activities at Energy VBC, Inc. (“Energy”) must agree to and abide by the following:
- If the player or parent is sick, please do not come to the practice facility.
- Players and coaches may arrive no more than 15 minutes before practice starts and must be picked up/leave no more than 15 minutes after practice concludes.
- Coaches will wear a mask to the best of their ability if they are less than a 6ft distance.
- All players and coaches must enter and exit through the designated front entrance. Coaches will stay with their team until they are released .
- All players and coaches must wash/sanitize their hands prior to entering the gym area, at water breaks and after leaving the court.
- There will be 1-2 carts of balls per court. Carts will be rotated in and out for cleaning.
- Staggered court layout, as needed, to increase distancing between teams.
- There will be no spectators allowed at practice.
- Temperatures will be taken upon arrival with contactless forehead thermometer for players and coaches.
- Players and coaches should bring their own water. Water fountains and bottle stations will not be open. Water will be available for purchase upon entering the facility.
- Hand sanitizer will be available, however, it is strongly suggested that players and coaches bring their own.
- No more than 15 players will be in a group and players will remain the same for the duration of the practice.
- All players must be pre-registered. No walk-ups will be accepted.
Energy has put in place numerous preventative measures and enhanced cleaning protocols to reduce the likelihood of spreading COVID-19 in the gym environment; however, Energy cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending activities at any of Energy’s facilities could increase your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily agree to the participation terms described above and assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending activities at Energy’s facility and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death.
I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Energy may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, club employees, volunteers, coaches, players, and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at Energy or participation in club programming.
On my behalf, and on behalf of my child(ren), I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Energy, its employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives, of and from any such claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
I understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions or negligence of Energy, its employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before,, during, or after participation in any club activity.
Today's Date: August 10, 2020