PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration of the services of Specialty Rink Management LLC, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "SRML"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge SRML, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in ice skating activities – supervised ice skating rink, public ice skating, private rink, stick and puck, open hockey entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: slipping and falling; collision with other participants, the walls and other fixed objects; my own equipment failure or the failure of other’s equipment; my own or others negligence; and objects or conditions on the surface that may cause me to fall; broken bones, sprains, abrasions, cuts, and bruises, musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back injuries; transmissible pathogens or disease; moderate physical activity; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity.
Furthermore, SRML personnel have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. I agree to wear a properly fitted and secured helmet while participating in stick and puck open hockey activities.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless SRML from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of SRML 's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of SRML.
4. Should SRML or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
In the event that I file a lawsuit against SRML, I agree to do so solely in the state of Florida, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against SRML on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I also agree that this document is valid for subsequent visits and participation at SRML.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
August 17, 2022
Specialty Rink Management LLC
PERPETUAL WAIVER AND RELEASE
(VALID FOR EACH AND EVERY DATE OF PARTICIPATION)
We want you to have a great experience with us. However, for your protection and ours, you must read and agree to the provisions below before you are authorized to use our facilities and/or services. The different activities that are offered entail certain risks that simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. If you are unable or unwilling to sign this Waiver and Release, you are welcome to enjoy yourself by watching others, but we cannot allow you to personally participate in any of our activities or actively use our facilities and/or services.
NOTICE TO THE MINOR CHILD’S NATURAL GUARDIAN
READ THIS FORM COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY. YOU ARE AGREEING TO LET YOUR MINOR CHILD ENGAGE IN A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY. YOU ARE AGREEING THAT, EVEN IF SPECIALTY RINK MANAGEMENT LLC USES REASONABLE CARE IN PROVIDING THIS ACTIVITY, THERE IS A CHANCE YOUR CHILD MAY BE SERIOUSLY INJURED OR KILLED BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY BECAUSE THERE ARE CERTAIN DANGERS INHERENT IN THE ACTIVITY WHICH CANNOT BE AVOIDED OR ELIMINATED. BY SIGNING THIS FORM, YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR CHILD’S RIGHT AND YOUR RIGHT TO RECOVER FROM SPECIALTY RINK MANAGEMENT LLC. IN A LAWSUIT FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, TO YOUR CHILD OR ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM THE RISKS THAT ARE A NATURAL PART OF THE ACTIVITY. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO SIGN THIS FORM, AND SPECIALTY RINK MANAGEMENT LLC HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO LET YOUR CHILD PARTICIPATE IF YOU DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM.
1. I recognize and agree that: all risks can never be eliminated, and participating in the activities at Specialty Rink Management LLC, involves inherent danger and potential risk of both minor and serious, temporary and permanent, bodily injury of any and all kinds, both caused by me and/or by others. In signing this release, I assume all risk for, and financial cost of, any and all injuries, and/or any damage, to my child/children.
2. On behalf of my minor child/children I fully, and forever waive, release and discharge Specialty Rink Management LLC and its individual members, managers, directors, officers, agents, employees, volunteers, representatives, affiliated entities, and all other persons, firms, corporations, associations or partnerships claiming by or through them, from any and all claims, actions, causes of action, demands, judgments, damages (including compensatory, general, special, consequential, and exemplary), liability or obligations of any nature or kind, whether known at the time or which may arise or become known later, which accrue on account of, or in any way arise out of or in connection with me or my child’s activities with or at Specialty Rink Management LLC, including claims involving their own negligence.
3. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Specialty Rink Management LLC and its individual managers, directors, officers, agents, employees, volunteers, representatives, affiliated entities, and all other persons, corporations, or partnerships claiming by or through them, from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims, obligations, costs, damages, and/or judgments directly or indirectly arising out of, or relating to, my child’s/children’s participation in any activities at Specialty Rink Management LLC, including for claims alleging Specialty Rink Management LLC’ own negligence. 4. I understand that this agreement extends forever into the future and will have full force and legal effect each and every time my child/children visit Specialty Rink Management LLC whether at the current location or any other location or facility.
I have read the Specialty Rink Management LLC Waiver and Release from any Claim of Responsibility or Damage and agree to all conditions.